Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

dungeon finder queue estimate

Yakidafi
Yakidafi
✭✭✭✭✭
I think i'll leave :)

s9VGJnL.jpg
Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
PC EU/NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its bugged, that is the estimate is bugged, I also got the >1 hour on healer selecting multiple dungeons.
    After 2 minutes I was in.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to queue as a DPS today, waited an hour and a half. I finally got tired of waiting, and left and logged onto my healer. My healer got into a dungeon within two minutes.

I might have to join a dungeon guild just so I can finish leveling undaunted on my DPS guys, because Dungeon Finder isn't working out so hot for me. :/
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like this on almost every MMORPG I've ever played with a dungeon finder. The game has far more dps than other classes so dps can end up waiting a good while.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why in most MMO I've played, group finder are bugged.

Bugs are like :
    • Very unaccurate estimated time
    • Long wait time and instant proc when you restart the queue

I feel this strange because dungeon finder is not such a complicated algorithm.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye, it did take maybe 4 min, but it was the first time I saw an estimate, it is new for the update? But my hope for finding a dungeon anytime soon became very slim when I saw that estimation XD If I would not have been on a tank I would have skipped it and done something else.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • MeinChurro
    MeinChurro
    ✭✭✭
    I like how FFXIV does their roulette system. You see you wait number and time in queue. So you know when it is okay to go afk and grab some food or something, and not accidentally miss a queue.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »
    I don't know why in most MMO I've played, group finder are bugged.

Bugs are like :
    • Very unaccurate estimated time
    • Long wait time and instant proc when you restart the queue

I feel this strange because dungeon finder is not such a complicated algorithm.

well as averages are concerned, ymmv; they aren't absolute truths, If you're the 16th dps in line, just because the six dps queue'd before you waited about 5 minutes each for a tank/healer, doesn't mean thats how long you'll wait. The problem is that they can;'t calculate exactly how long itll take for a person playing a critical role to decide "hey I want to jump in a dungeon right now"

If you want fast queues play a tank or healer lol
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 21, 2018 2:06PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    Ye, it did take maybe 4 min, but it was the first time I saw an estimate, it is new for the update? But my hope for finding a dungeon anytime soon became very slim when I saw that estimation XD If I would not have been on a tank I would have skipped it and done something else.
    Its new for the update, in my experience it took 10-15 minutes to get in as DD on random normal.
    DD queues on vet pledge tend to be a bit shorter at least in prime time. has not done random vet.
    Then queuing on specific dungeons its smart to specify multiple
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 16, 2020 1:13PM