Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If there ever is another Elder Scrolls Online game it should be a continuing timeline.

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
In the future, if there is another Elder Scrolls Online title it would be much nicer, to me, if it continued the timeline into the future rather than going into the past. I believe this would make for a far more interesting story that didn't work around major conflicts to enable a three-way faction war such as Argonian's and Dunmer being allies.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ESO is so great, why is there no ESO 2?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, my impression was that ESO was originally slated to be set after the events of Skyrim.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, my impression was that ESO was originally slated to be set after the events of Skyrim.

What gave you that idea?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What gave you that idea?

A bunch of minor details in the original game. Stuff like Cropsford being on the map. Also the membership in the Dominion lines up with the Fourth Era. Honestly, to an extent, a lot of the political map in ESO is reminiscent (though not identical to) the 4e200 map. Which, you could just chalk up to, "yeah, it's the same spaces," but it feels more consistent than that.

I mean, it's not like I could say, "yeah, this was supposed to be a sequel to Skyrim," but, I've always been left with the impression that some of the design decisions were more in line with that era.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW is great but there's no WoW 2.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather see a second ESO take place in the Merethic or the 1st Era. There's so much that happens during those Eras that it would be super cool to see it take place for ourselves. Not to mention there'd be a bunch of races still in existence, and the Alessian Empire (for the 1st Era) would be the rulers of [most of] Tamriel.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd much rather see a second ESO take place in the Merethic or the 1st Era. There's so much that happens during those Eras that it would be super cool to see it take place for ourselves. Not to mention there'd be a bunch of races still in existence, and the Alessian Empire (for the 1st Era) would be the rulers of [most of] Tamriel.

I would rather the game moved forward to somewhere else like Akavir. There are of course races I'd like to see in action though like the Kothringi and Dwemer but I am hesitant about it because the mystery of their past is part of the fun.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What gave you that idea?

A bunch of minor details in the original game. Stuff like Cropsford being on the map. Also the membership in the Dominion lines up with the Fourth Era. Honestly, to an extent, a lot of the political map in ESO is reminiscent (though not identical to) the 4e200 map. Which, you could just chalk up to, "yeah, it's the same spaces," but it feels more consistent than that.

I mean, it's not like I could say, "yeah, this was supposed to be a sequel to Skyrim," but, I've always been left with the impression that some of the design decisions were more in line with that era.

Well, the reason I ask is that a lot of the early design for the game came right about the time that Oblivion came out. I think a lot of ESO was originally conceived before work on Skyrim even started.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather the game moved forward to somewhere else like Akavir. There are of course races I'd like to see in action though like the Kothringi and Dwemer but I am hesitant about it because the mystery of their past is part of the fun.

Yeah, while I'd love to see other islands/continents like Pyandonea/Thras/Akavir, the same could be said about those places that the mystery of those places is part of the fun. Speculating on what the Coral Kingdoms look like, or what the architecture of the Tang Mo/Kamal/Tsaesci/Ka'Po'Tun looks like. Or even if the Tsaesci are actually Snake-men or are they just called that because their features resemble snake features.

I agree with you tho...mostly :)
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, while I'd love to see other islands/continents like Pyandonea/Thras/Akavir, the same could be said about those places that the mystery of those places is part of the fun. Speculating on what the Coral Kingdoms look like, or what the architecture of the Tang Mo/Kamal/Tsaesci/Ka'Po'Tun looks like. Or even if the Tsaesci are actually Snake-men or are they just called that because their features resemble snake features.

I agree with you tho...mostly :)

I can understand that. I guess the reason I suggested Akavir was because of its continual intervention in Tamriel and the fact they still have a functional civilization. I feel like something could be expanded in a forward telling of the story while going backwards might jump the shark. Then again Akavir could potentially jump the shark too.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet a new ESO will be released when PS5 and latest Xbone is released, I would venture a guess 2020
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn’t be another one.

Just keep updating this one
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What gave you that idea?

Well, the reason I ask is that a lot of the early design for the game came right about the time that Oblivion came out. I think a lot of ESO was originally conceived before work on Skyrim even started.

Yeah, and that's certainly consistent. Similar ideas and themes, like the Dominion, while otherwise putting the game in the feel of early 4th era.

I mean, it really doesn't matter now. But, that is a feeling I've had over the years.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why ESO was set in the past is that there was this huge gap in the lore that has been pretty empty due to dragon breaks and all that stuff. ESO is filling some of that gap now. The major issue I see with putting ESO2 in the future is that all the following titles will have to work around that and build on top of the MMO. That can be quite bothersome, especially if the MMO is still being played while the new game is coming out. Just imagine how bummed out all AD and EP players would be if DC winning the war was considered canon. The only solution for that would be to leave the outcome blank and take the same approach as with ESO. Just put a huge gap behind the events of the MMO so you can't really trace it back. Or yet another dragonbreak (which is the easy way out).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason why we have lineage 2, is big change of computers, new more powerful videocard and the lineage 1 gameplay been just out of date. I assume the only possible reason for ESO 2 is if ESO will be popular enough in 2020+ and if there will be reaoson to make game with new game engine/ new mechanics
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    *cough* fallout online *cough*
    Edited by CardboardedBox on February 21, 2018 6:39PM
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Just imagine how bummed out all AD and EP players would be if DC winning the war was considered canon.

Hahaha
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What gave you that idea?

ESO production started with Oblivion, before production of Skyrim started.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    The reason why ESO was set in the past is that there was this huge gap in the lore that has been pretty empty due to dragon breaks and all that stuff. ESO is filling some of that gap now. The major issue I see with putting ESO2 in the future is that all the following titles will have to work around that and build on top of the MMO. That can be quite bothersome, especially if the MMO is still being played while the new game is coming out. Just imagine how bummed out all AD and EP players would be if DC winning the war was considered canon. The only solution for that would be to leave the outcome blank and take the same approach as with ESO. Just put a huge gap behind the events of the MMO so you can't really trace it back. Or yet another dragonbreak (which is the easy way out).

To be fair, the imperials win the war at the end, fending off not only the 3 alliances, but the daedra and the worm cult.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭

this. Pretty sure they recently just won the custody battle to MAKE fallout online, so it will be coming.
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, ESO kinda stuck in history. Only way back. All that lore in ESO will be nearly pointless when TES 6 comes.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter
    I suspect that ESO was originally going to take place between Oblivion and Skyrim. Varen Aquilarios is basically a 2nd Era Titus Mede I, and the rule of the Longhouse Emperors has always made me think of Thules the Gibbering, the Nibenese Witch-Warrior Emperor.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    yeah, ESO kinda stuck in history. Only way back. All that lore in ESO will be nearly pointless when TES 6 comes.

History isn't pointless. Lots of history for the denizens of Tamriel have been lost to the ages, so if they discover something new about the past in the future, it's very important.
    Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. Especially, if they call it pointless.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this. Pretty sure they recently just won the custody battle to MAKE fallout online, so it will be coming.

Back in 2011 or 2012, as I recall, but, yeah, the next Zenimax backed MMO will probably be Fallout.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

What gave you that idea?

ESO production started with Oblivion, before production of Skyrim started.

I'm aware. Also, Skyrim production started shortly after Oblivion shipped. To be clear, I'm not working off the impression that ESO started development in 2012 after Skyrim released, and was ready to go in 24 months. Rather that both were in development at the same time, and that some elements bled back and forth between them. Also, yes, that ESO was originally slated to be set after the collapse of the Septum dynasty.

Now, clearly, the game that exists now is not an example of that. This isn't a, "oh, they screwed up the lore," kind of situation. It's just the impression I'm left with, based on who the factions are, how they shake out, and a lot of minor details scattered around the game.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what? so you would split the market. well, that makes perfect sense.

/sarcasm.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3E433

Stuff it House Dres. And the rest of you evil Dunmers.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn’t be another one.

Just keep updating this one

Only if they are able to update the engine as well as it would be awesome to finally get vertical gameplay from eso. Yep, I'm talking flying mounts, sky cities (has to be at least 1 in es lore I'm hoping), and underwater gameplay. Though I think I'd rather they just move to an era that had dragons as I'm sick of the lore being used as an excuse as to why we can't have dragon mounts.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Knowledge If there is another ESO game will you continue to spam its forums as well?
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    @Knowledge If there is another ESO game will you continue to spam its forums as well?

Could have sworn I saw a recent post from you stating you were placing OP on ignore, yet here you are posting in another of OPs thread? Maybe you meant to say you were placing OP on your obsessed list lol?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway