The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patching because the FAQ lied...

dmclifton_ESO
Wondering if I am the only one. The FAQ said I could patch my game from the beta client and be fine. Apparently it lied.

Having opened the client and let it patch on Thursday then on Saturday (when it downloaded something else?) I load in to...'PLACEHOLDER' and whoever that weirdo is with the gray hair talking about the game.

Get to character creation, and I can't select a class.

Still patching now, 1.5 hours later, on new game install. Because there is no repair button. Because why would that be useful?

I spose since they opened the game an hour early and I only tried to log on 30 minutes early any chance of getting my character name is gone anyway, but pretty obnoxious.

Moral: Why is there no repair button?? I just spent a bunch of their money on unnecessary bandwidth. Ah well.
  • Giamevil
    Giamevil
    me too... been downloading since 8 oclock last night... and still just sitting... waiting...
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people updated the Beta Client without issues. So it is not that they have lied, it is that you had an issue somehow.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Ilsfort
    Ilsfort
    Same here. I couldn't patch it. Installed a'new. been doing so for about an hour.

3%
  • dmclifton_ESO
    LoreRunner wrote: »
    Many people updated the Beta Client without issues. So it is not that they have lied, it is that you had an issue somehow.

Yeah...hence the moral...why is there no repair button that I can select myself when I see a problem.
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    I know it's not particularly useful to you now, but there is a repairs option in the launcher under Game Options above the news feed just for anyone else looking or you in the future. Hope your game is working soon :-)
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been able to simply patch the launcher.
    You should have a repair option on your launcher though? Even the beta launcher had one of those.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a repair button but it's hard to find. On your launcher look under news. There is a small text that says game options. Click that and repair is in that menu.
  • dmclifton_ESO
    I had seen the repair option previously. My beta patched launcher had the option removed.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had seen the repair option previously. My beta patched launcher had the option removed.

Really? I think the repair button was moved for launch - are you sure you didn't miss it?
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a repair button but it's hard to find. On your launcher look under news. There is a small text that says game options. Click that and repair is in that menu.

^^ This.

It should be under settings but...
  • dmclifton_ESO
    Looks like it may exist in the new install version...I guess I was all kinds of messed up.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not particularly useful to you now, but there is a repairs option in the launcher under Game Options above the news feed just for anyone else looking or you in the future. Hope your game is working soon :-)

I'm patching the client I had. Its been 20 minutes so far and its at 90% and on my client there is no 'repair' button above the news feed. I have 'updating', 'cancel' and 'setting'. >:)
    Edited by Foul_Corsair on March 30, 2014 12:08PM
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • dmclifton_ESO
    Hawke wrote: »

^^ This.

It should be under settings but...

Yeah, more obvious would be nice. Most launchers for MMOs have them in your face.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    My game is now patched and only now does the repair function show in the game options. It wasn't available during patch. Possibly stop your patch and see if the repair button is there then.
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • Rekae
    Rekae
    I patched through last night with no issues....hope it clears up for you soon!