Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's first item you crafted for yourself?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Or take a guess what it was.

I believe it was twin born star for my healer. Had to use only 9 traits items I had at the time.
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Uh, probably either some lvl 1 or some lvl 4 non-set gear I wager.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a shield for my Imperial Templar tank I had at launch. No sets or anything, just a bog standard maple shield.

If I remember I then got the one from the quest on Bleakrock and was upset I "wasted" that maple I harvested. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashen grip first station I found after starting to figure out crafting and lord you probably still here the cursing echoes off the the cliffs because I didn’t toggle to ashen grip but just made a regular item
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have crafted various sets since I've started playing, just after Imperial City patch, once I had unlocked the number of required traits. I tried to keep up with leveling, crafting once every 10 levels or so, but I did skip quite a few or the veteran ranks, only crafting at VR3 and VR14. The VR14 gear was kept in use for quite a while until I could get enough materials to craft a VR16 armor, as those were very expensive in guild stores and I had to deconstruct dungeon drops for them since I didn't own any DLCs at that time to access the raw materials. The first set combo I can remember was 5 Whitesrake's Retribution 4 Vampire's Kiss with 3 random jewels from about level 30 to VR14. At VR16 I crafted 5 Willow's Path and ran that with 2 Alessia's Bullwark (sword and shield) and 2 Bloodspawn, just before Thieves Guild. I used that combo for a while until they introduced complete dropped sets scaled to CP160 in dungeons, in One Tamriel, at which point I crafted a Tava's Favor set which I used with Ebon for quite a while, from One Tamriel to Horns of the Reach, so almost a year. Then I changed Tava's for Torug's Patch which I run as of today on my tank in trials. I the mean time I also acquired Akaviri Dragonguard and recently crafted Armor of the Seducer and I run this combo as of today in dungeons and for off-tanking in trials. Of course I crafted other sets for my other characters, Law of Julianos and Hunding's Rage (for both PvE and PvP), Night Mother's Gaze (for PvE), Eternal Hunt (for PvP). Virtually all the sets I crafted at VR16/CP160 are still in use as of today: my Sorcerer still uses Willow's Path with Amber Plasm and Iceheart and my Nightblade still uses Tava's Favor with Brands of Imperium and Swarm Mother for their tanking setups.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember right from the beta days, most likely it was a level 4 Breton maple bow in Stros M'Kai
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leather chest and I improved it to green items
    but I had not enough green stuff so I went to the clothier trader in Daggerfall
    bought his greens, destroyed them and finally got my green leather jack!

oh yeah and went bankrupted by this action ;)
    early beta that was
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the beta, I remember that my bf crafted a bow for himself. I can't remember my own first item... As my bf crafted me staves, and as I was our taylor, I probably crafted a low level light or medium armor with Khajiit style.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First one was hundings armour and weapons, i was so excited to finally craft this that i forgot to switch to the set when i was standing at the tables, upgraded all armour pieces to gold and then realizied my mistake...what a bummer :smiley:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bed for my first home, an inn room.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Training gears for sure
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

I believe it was twin born star for my healer. Had to use only 9 traits items I had at the time.

Some kind of food, I'm pretty sure.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

For a long time, due to skill point starvation, I had to tank using only the free bread I found in game on my tank, as that scaled with level and veteran ranks. Of course, sweeping trough all the content in game first on my first character, then on subsequent ones, I did find quite enough to spec all skills that I might use as well as crafting passives. I do remember it was quite impossible to find low level recipes though, and I had to farm some containers on Bleakrock for the recipes which were needed to fulfill the tier one writs. Later they added them on vendor :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    DoctorESO wrote: »

For a long time, due to skill point starvation, I had to tank using only the free bread I found in game on my tank, as that scaled with level and veteran ranks. Of course, sweeping trough all the content in game first on my first character, then on subsequent ones, I did find quite enough to spec all skills that I might use as well as crafting passives. I do remember it was quite impossible to find low level recipes though, and I had to farm some containers on Bleakrock for the recipes which were needed to fulfill the tier one writs. Later they added them on vendor :)

I remember eating the free bread, too!

bread-pick-up.jpg
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A board for my Nord. Just couldn't find a good, realistic looking shield, had to make one.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just some regular gear, probably at level 25 or so. This was 4 years ago though...so I could be wrong.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    The first item I crafted for myself in beta was health potions. I discovered I could make significantly better potions than I could loot. And back then I was always burning through Health Pots! lol
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my frick that was so long ago lol. FOOD! It was food so I could level my Provisioning. Oh man, I almost completely forgot lol
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitestrakes, which i don't think anyone has worn since 2015. but it was on a build post for achari or something like that and i loved it but it was at console lauch right when everything switched to all damage but that didnt really matter since people on console didnt know what was going on for a bit anyways
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started making non set items for my characters during the first week I played. Once I figured out the trait thing*, it took a month or so to make set items.

*That's what I get for ignoring crafting during the beta, we never had a character long enough to really invest the time in it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 4 white non-set khajiit greatsword, back at launch.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely was a regular lvl 4 weapon or chest piece. Took at least a month or two before I started taking crafting seriously.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a lvl 20 Redguard Greatsword. Yes, for my magSorc back on 2014. :lol:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A Dragur Bow of Hundings Rage. to celebrate reaching max level in crafting. Draugar was the rarest motif I had.

It took several months for me to sell the thing though. :s I was expecting crafting to be more profitable.

I think the first thing I crafted for my own use was a set of seducers for leveling my second character.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 22, 2018 1:55PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is fact very profitable, if you scale it up.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 julianos light for my sorc
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • cbro72
    cbro72
    ✭✭
    Lots and lots of daggers.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A level 4 or maybe 6 breton heavy chest. No trait, no set, green quality. Every 2 to 4 levels I broke down and purchased the honing stone (it was around 60 each then) for my sword and shield with back bar resto wielding, 2 pets mag sorc using crystal blast.

I miss the days when surge and rally stacked. :cry:
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 22, 2018 3:11PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't recall what the first weapons you get are, but none of them was what my character wanted. So as soon as she could she made herself a mage's staff (but I don't recall which kind). The latest level up rewards have finally cured that problem, as you get a weapon choice before you reach your first crafting station.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashen grip first station I found after starting to figure out crafting and lord you probably still here the cursing echoes off the the cliffs because I didn’t toggle to ashen grip but just made a regular item

ashen grip was the first thing I crafted too, it looked good on paper and was 2 traits, but it is actually pretty crappy, the proc messes up rotations.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This took awhile for me to sift through old screenshots.

But, I found one of my Magicka Sorc back on 7/28/14 in old skool crafted Redguard light with Ancient Elf staff.

Crafted set was probably Song of Lamae.

dXxR8XI.png