Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion for "Enjoy a New Level-Up Experience, Home-Storage, and Outfits with Update 17"

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, ZOS is really outdoing themselves with the QoL updates this patch.
    The outfit system is really well done, not only armor, but weapon changing AND dying is gonna be included. I'm really happy that styles are gonna be account-wide too.
    Home storage will be nice so that people won't beed bank toons anymore.
    The skills advisor is a really good tool for people looking to learning certain roles. When I really started playing over 2 years ago, that tool would have been a blessing.
    And that leveling system is pretty sweet too. The fact that the Sorrel horse is going to be free at lvl 10 is the biggest. It's only 10k gold at the moment, but new players don't know how to save 10k gold when they first start ESO. I sure as heck didn't.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfits :* The only thing my mdk is excited about. But ill take it.
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will become of the single use dye packs bought for costumes in the past?
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    Why have the item limits for housing still have not been raised ?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please for the love of god don't make me quest... I am so damned tired of leveling and grinding and OMG kill me please
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    please for the love of god don't make me quest... I am so damned tired of leveling and grinding and OMG kill me please

Then don't do it? I don't think ZOS is putting a gun to your head...at least I hope not.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on whether they're going to raise actual bank space size? Just one more slot will bring max space to an even 250/500. The fact that it's 480 really gets on my OCD nerves.
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 2:42AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    I need that 15th character slot.

And that is why it is an additional charge, rather than part of the game you already paid for.

Personally, I think it is a little dodgy that they introduce a system, put items of value into the system, demand that everyone start a new character if they want to use it, and then lead those who already have 8 characters to the Crown Store.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ClownPuncher15
    ClownPuncher15
    Soul Shriven
    These rewards should be retroactive to players who have already reached the level requirements. Why would they not be? I shouldn’t have to turn around and grind another character if I already have multiple level 50 characters just to get these rewards, IMO.
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pissed I just found out level up unlocks won't be given retroactively to existing level 50 characters.....
    A few weeks after I power leveled a character with my last pile of xp scrolls now having full character slots....

I feel kinda betrayed sadly
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to Enjoy it, but AGAIN!!! We have extended maintenance for ANOTHER Freaking 12 hours!
    Great Job Guys! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_MichaelServotte

When we count all the days together we could not play because of "Having unforeseen issues on EU-Servers" we should get at least 1 month additional ESO+ for those who pay every month! Its ALWAYS and ONLY the EU Servers with problems... You should have solved these "Unforeseen" Issues by now as they're no longer "unforeseen" as they apparently always happen on a bigger patch.

It's pissing people off btw
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • PhaeroX
    PhaeroX
    ✭✭
    This keeps happening on a Level 19 character that I just logged in this morning. Probably related to an add-on, but no idea which one. Anyone else seen this?

http://prntscr.com/idqivk
    @Phaero_X --- PC/NA/AD -- Carpe Diem
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say they GIVE us a 100% free character slot for argument's sake. Then what? I am not going to play the story again, it is long and arduous, I won't even be level 50 by the time I finish it anyway. So what are veteran players going to do? Grind. Which is something ZOS is always saying they want to avoid making you do. People are going to make a new toon and grind the dust out of zombies and undead for like a day. You are going to have people at dolmens fighting over and slaughtering everything before it even hits the ground (I have seen it happen). Your going to see people doing the same to world bosses and making it impossible for new players to get their hits in, again I have seen it happen. When this happens even to us veteran players, it is incredibly frustrating for sword and board or two-hander builds because even with shield and or critical charge, things die before they come into range and the sorcs and nightblades and templars all sit there and camp on them. I dunno what it is like for wardens because I have yet to play one. But my main reason why this is a bad idea is how stupid of a process the above becomes and the fact that we have to do it in the first place is proof positive. Lastly, how many people are going to create new characters just to grind out these rewards one after another? Filled up your slots? No problem, delete a grind dummy after transfering to your main and then keep going! Make the rewards retroactive or you are going to completely upset the balance in the zones.

You do realize that leveling a new toon doesn't mean you have to run the story again. Few xp pots and skyreach and you could be done in 3 hours. Strictly speaking of level gains here. I honestly dont believe this will have an effect everyone's game play.

Also this is a reward that a lot of people will get because they want it. Its not like they are forcing anyone to do it.

Polls on here are not exactly accurate. 57% of who? Forum users only. And if people didn't know about it That's on them. Again 3 hours to go from 1 to 50 without touching the story. If that's too much then don't do it. I've leveled more than 8 toons so 1 more isn't going to kill me.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on February 13, 2018 8:39PM
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    So, does this effectively render learning crafting styles through motif patterns obsolete? If I'm understanding correctly, we'll be able to change the appearance of our gear to any style, so really it's just a matter of paying the coin to alter the appearance as opposed to learning a new style, yes?

Not being negative, these changes all sound good, just curious if it mitigates the benefit of learning different crafting styles.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, does this effectively render learning crafting styles through motif patterns obsolete? If I'm understanding correctly, we'll be able to change the appearance of our gear to any style, so really it's just a matter of paying the coin to alter the appearance as opposed to learning a new style, yes?

Not being negative, these changes all sound good, just curious if it mitigates the benefit of learning different crafting styles.

You have to learn the motifs on at least one character before the associated styles are unlocked for your account to use for outfits.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • HobnailedBoots
    HobnailedBoots
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

You have to learn the motifs on at least one character before the associated styles are unlocked for your account to use for outfits.

Ah! That makes sense, and even better, so I won't have to re-acquire the rare motifs for all my crafters. Cool!