Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intricate Trait buggy on Blacksmithing?

SaintSubwayy
SaintSubwayy
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm lvling up some toon in crafting to do crafting dailies with mutltiple chars.

I came across this wierd effect, that somehow intricate seems to be buggy on Blacksmithing, because if i deconstruct a Destrostaff CP160 in intricate, i become about 25k points into my woodworking, however if I deconstruct a 2h Mace cp160 I only get about 8k points in my blacksmithing. so is this normal, that blacksmithing gives less points or has anyone else noticed this "bug"?
PC EU
vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Best Answers

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woodworking deconstruction gives considerably more inspiration than clothing/blacksmithing assumably due to those items being a little bit more rare. Also note that there is a cap on deconstruction inspiration gain. I think for CP150/160 intricate items you need level 35-40 in the skill to get their full amount.

I assume one or both of these would explain this.
    Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on February 20, 2018 2:01PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woodworking deconstruction gives considerably more inspiration than clothing/blacksmithing assumably due to those items being a little bit more rare. Also note that there is a cap on deconstruction inspiration gain. I think for CP150/160 intricate items you need level 35-40 in the skill to get their full amount.

I assume one or both of these would explain this.

My impression has been that woodworking doesn't have the cap while blacksmithing and clothier do, and so at lower levels an advanced item will do a lot more for woodworking than a similar item would for the other crafts.

But I haven't studied this in any organized or careful way.
    Answer ✓
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeah woodworking has ofc fewer items, maybe thats why they also give more / item.

Thx for the fast answers :smiley:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still seeing this issue.

1. I get less blacksmithing intricates in dailies, 1-2 vs 3-4 for clothing. (Colleting all intricates from 4 dailies on the toon that's leveling)
    2. It kind of makes sense that woodworking gives more inspiration...but... I started leveling all craftes on this toon at the same time, and now Woodworking 32 (16k per intricate), Clothing 31 (14k per intricate), and Blacksmithing 28 (13k per intricate, and I get less of them)

So why does deconstructing 1 woodworking intricate give almost a full level, clothing 1/2-3/4 of a level, and blacksmithing 1/4 of a level? The toon I'm leveling is magicka, she carries a staff, and gets far fewer blackmithing drops when she quests. This "scaling" makes no sense.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All professions have different caps. Max level intricates seem to always hit the cap. The different professions just have different caps.

Normally when an alt, which levels crafting skills solely with intricates from writs, hits 50 on woodworking, clothing is at 40 and blacksmithing is around 30. This adjustment might be because when leveling crafting with loot woodworking is the hardest to level up.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    All professions have different caps. Max level intricates seem to always hit the cap. The different professions just have different caps.

Normally when an alt, which levels crafting skills solely with intricates from writs, hits 50 on woodworking, clothing is at 40 and blacksmithing is around 30. This adjustment might be because when leveling crafting with loot woodworking is the hardest to level up.

Right, and why does that need to be? All armor trades go from 1-50, why does blackmithing have to take so much longer? yes, it DOES <<but why>>? There is no reason. And no, woodworking is not the hardest to level up, it's out in front with much less items. And if you're not playing a stam toon, you don't get much in blackmithing look. It's just plain bugged, and ZOS doesn't care to fix it.

The divide didn't used to be this large.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, and why does that need to be? All armor trades go from 1-50, why does blackmithing have to take so much longer? yes, it DOES <<but why>>? There is no reason. And no, woodworking is not the hardest to level up, it's out in front with much less items. And if you're not playing a stam toon, you don't get much in blackmithing look. It's just plain bugged, and ZOS doesn't care to fix it.

The divide didn't used to be this large.
    Agree, it doesn't need to be so. Increasing blacksmith caps by 30% and decreasing woodwork caps by 20% should bring them close to clothing. Changing caps affect mostly leveling above level 30 in crafting skills with intriates.

That shouldn't affect newbie leveling with loot drops.Although i think it would be nice if they adjust that too so that a new player has at least some chance to level up crafting at the same pace as character leveling.

I believe all the crafting leveling has been untouched for a long time. It's all from mr. Sage's era when too fast leveling was a capital offense to ZOS.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I level my alts in crafting by deconning every thing they get, including Intricates. They all reach max Crafting Rank about the same time, pretty much on the same day in fact. The higher Inspiration is needed on Woodworking as there are less of them to get in the game, 6 vs 14 Cloth and 14 Blacksmithing
    Edited by Nestor on March 14, 2018 3:04PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my trader toon is lvl 5. i just level his crafting research cuz hey, why not. i notice blacksmith is far behind both woodworking and clothing for some unknown reason. and i dont think hes deconned anything.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is mainly due to how intricate items are distributed in writ rewards:
    • Blacksmithing = 50% chance for an Intricate
    • Clothing = 60% chance (includes both leather and silk items)
    • Woodworking = 50% chance

Since Woodworking gives you more inspiration per item the result is that Blacksmithing will lag behind the other two skills if you solely level on writ rewards.

If you use other methods you'll probably find the 3 skills have different orders. For example, most of my alts leveled their crafting skills by stealing in Orsinium (steal on several characters, launder the items, and deconstruct). With this method I always had Clothing level up the fastest followed closely by Blacksmithing with Woodworking lagging way behind just to do with how many of the various item types are available to steal.

I wonder if you leveled solely off of dropped items how the 3 skills would compare?
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is mainly due to how intricate items are distributed in writ rewards:
    • Blacksmithing = 50% chance for an Intricate
    • Clothing = 60% chance (includes both leather and silk items)
    • Woodworking = 50% chance

Since Woodworking gives you more inspiration per item the result is that Blacksmithing will lag behind the other two skills if you solely level on writ rewards.

If you use other methods you'll probably find the 3 skills have different orders. For example, most of my alts leveled their crafting skills by stealing in Orsinium (steal on several characters, launder the items, and deconstruct). With this method I always had Clothing level up the fastest followed closely by Blacksmithing with Woodworking lagging way behind just to do with how many of the various item types are available to steal.

I wonder if you leveled solely off of dropped items how the 3 skills would compare?
    I already commented this in earlier post #6 with same experience.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already answered that above.

I never steal and launder and decon, that is a waste of time. I can fill my bag slots with stuff to decon from farming zombies far faster than stealing will get them filled. Plus I get Enchanting Runes to decon and Gold and Experience. Also, ZOS goes back and forth on how much inspiration a stolen item gives, even if you launder it, so it is not a reliable way.

So, I have leveled 11 Alts to 50 in gear crafting just by deconning drops from mobs. They all reach L50 in about the same amount of time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"