Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer solo's Dranos Velador in Veteran Cradle of Shadows using Clanfear to avoid cc mechanics

Idontknow91
Idontknow91
✭✭✭
Sorcerer solo's Dranos Velador in Veteran Cradle of Shadows, using Clanfear to passively maintain agro and avoid shade cc mechanic. Video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyjBSbaD43I

Edited by Idontknow91 on February 20, 2018 4:13AM
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MichaelM @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA, @ZOS_TristanK

Moderators, I have mentioned you in my post because I wish for you to view this video and make your thoughts towards the concept of pets from various classes being allowed to maintain agro on bosses. I implore you to ponder upon how this affects group-play and general class balance. Thank you for your time.
    Edited by Idontknow91 on February 20, 2018 3:53AM
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Idontknow91 on February 20, 2018 3:55AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pets don't have a true taunt, so you won't see them take away aggro from a tank who keeps the boss taunted, if that was what you were trying to point out.
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I was unclear, that is not what I was trying to point out. I meant to bring attention to the concept that a summoned pet is capable of holding a boss's attention and thus allowing a player to void mechanics in a boss fight. Thank you for helping me clarify that @VaranisArano.
    Edited by Idontknow91 on February 20, 2018 4:15AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @clareno88 That’s me in the vid :smile: No need to get moderators to get involved - this was changed overtime.

I made that vid a looong time ago. Sorcerer pets no longer hold aggro this way. Occasionally they can grab aggro though it’s extremely unreliable and cannot be used to avoid boss aggro/specific mechanics like you see here.

Also you can still solo this boss, but only through the use of casting lots of strong AoE DoTs to kill the adds overtime while you’re chained down. Pets no longer hold aggro for you anymore.

In fact all of the bosses that I ever used a pet for (like Velidreth) are soloable without a pet. I was very close to beating Velidreth back then without a pet, but there was too much RNG involved and I got frustrated. The *only* boss that requires pet aggro to solo is The Warrior..... I was very close to beating him before a patch dropped where pets lost their ability to aggro bosses (the change wasn’t documented in the patch notes).
    Edited by Vaoh on February 20, 2018 4:27AM
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    @Vaoh, thanks for the insight. I was unaware that this had already been updated upon. I hope you didn't feel as if I was putting you specifically on blast, it was the concept itself.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @clareno88 No worries lol. I didn’t like the concept either. It was definitely convenient for certain fights though.