Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr - Tasear's Healer Collection (All Classes including Necromancer)

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't know why it's not letting me edit, but note on inner light. Empowered ward is last skill on skill line you are unlikely to get before 50 or at very least you are going to be close to no longer being a beginner... but pushing more mid game.

Also I like what you are saying, something that could easy help someone say be a dps or healer would be a good choice. So lets discuss that more.

Skills that are good for healing and dps while under lvl 50

Inner light

Rapid or mutagen - I was actually thinking rapids had a better case under lvl 50

But thinking about this... blood altar would probably be better then healing springs. I know what you are saying, but first undaunted skill. You get just by unlocking it. Assuming it's range and time (up to 45) secs and 700 heal per sec as a base

Dark exhange of course - I am going to assume dark coversion. I am still trying figure out why the level adviser suggested other morph.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't think that much about it and I'm not so sure if I even want to now.

Every healer I was leveling to level 50 was using two skills - Mutagen + Healing Springs.

Healing Springs is the first skill in your line and you can heal everything with it, you don't need anything else.
    Mutagen is the next one you get very soon and it helps you to keep people up and use other skills as well. I prefer this morph because it's also a kind of burst heal for people on low health. But on my nightblade healer I'm using Rapid.
    Combat Prayer is third, but at this point you usually want to allocate your skill points somewhere else, not just to another freaking healing skill.

Generally, I prefer class skills over other skills, because when you choose a class, you want to use it's skills and explore them. Undaunted skill line? 90% of beginners won't even have this skill line unlocked.

And it really doesn't matter what's better.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    Well, I didn't think that much about it and I'm not so sure if I even want to now.

Every healer I was leveling to level 50 was using two skills - Mutagen + Healing Springs.

Healing Springs is the first skill in your line and you can heal everything with it, you don't need anything else.
    Mutagen is the next one you get very soon and it helps you to keep people up and use other skills as well. I prefer this morph because it's also a kind of burst heal for people on low health. But on my nightblade healer I'm using Rapid.
    Combat Prayer is third, but at this point you usually want to allocate your skill points somewhere else, not just to another freaking healing skill.

Generally, I prefer class skills over other skills, because when you choose a class, you want to use it's skills and explore them. Undaunted skill line? 90% of beginners won't even have this skill line unlocked.

And it really doesn't matter what's better.

Hmm, this possible though technically they would have level just would have to quest. So yeah springs would probably be easier.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear blood alter is going from 8 meter circle to 28 meter. This is 12 times the area covered. 8 meter circle has a 200 meter area and a 28 meter circle has a 2400 meter area. Will be a must use skill for all healers that are not Templars with purifying ritual. my warden has been using it as of late, it is actually a great skill and some my warden has been missing, a heal over time that is ground based that can proc spc reliably without having to cast springs every 4 seconds. something sorcs are missing too. though i prefer Overflowing Altar, the one with 50% larger burst heal on synergy then Sanguine Altar 65% at base vs 40% at base, the one that last for 50% longer 46 seconds to overflowing 33 seconds.

The reason to use inner light is for the 7% max magic. @troomar That is hardly lackluster. That is like 3-5k magic just for having it slotted.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 3, 2018 4:12AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear blood alter is going from 8 meter circle to 28 meter. This is 12 times the area covered. 8 meter circle has a 200 meter area and a 28 meter circle has a 2400 meter area. Will be a must use skill for all healers that are not Templars with purifying ritual. my warden has been using it as of late, it is actually a great skill and some my warden has been missing, a heal over time that is ground based that can proc spc reliably without having to cast springs every 4 seconds. something sorcs are missing too. though i prefer Overflowing Altar, the one with 50% larger burst heal on synergy then Sanguine Altar 65% at base vs 40% at base, the one that last for 50% longer 46 seconds to overflowing 33 seconds.

The reason to use inner light is for the 7% max magic. @troomar That is hardly lackluster. That is like 3-5k magic just for having it slotted.

Question have you seen it on pts? I am quite confused why I don't see the boundary of blood atlar...and thanks....that sure will be quite amazing skill. I have duration morph and that's 45 secs or something long.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭

7% of 30000 is 2100. 2k more magicka for 1 slot occupied. No, thanks :)
    Yes.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How do you only have 30k magic on your toon? Most healers I have seen have at least 35k. My magsorc have a base of 42k. Yes this is before percentage amps, I am a aware they are additive and not multiplicative. Even if you only had 30k base mag, an extra 2.1k is nothing to turn down. Just wondering how much your Mutegen ticks for with only 30k max magic.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you only have 30k magic on your toon? Most healers I have seen have at least 35k. My magsorc have a base of 42k. Yes this is before percentage amps, I am a aware they are additive and not multiplicative. Even if you only had 30k base mag, an extra 2.1k is nothing to turn down. Just wondering how much your Mutegen ticks for with only 30k max magic.

From what I seen he did something pretty interesting with spell damage glyphs so actually turned out quite high with 2500 and over 4000k mark for competitive but this in regards to springs.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

From what I seen he did something pretty interesting with spell damage glyphs so actually turned out quite high with 2500 and over 4000k mark for competitive but this in regards to springs.

My spell damage on both my healers is around 2k unbuffed but they both have high magic on the main bar, 41k for warden and 38k for my temp. My springs on my temp hits for almost 8k fully buff (can provide evidence if you don't believe me.) but the tool tip is like 2.6k. for my warden I run illustrious healing, but he is a Nord and my temp is a Argonian, so it hits for around the same.

The reason I tell you this is because a 4k healing spring tick is really low to me.

Unless you mean that his spell Damage get to over 4k. Well that is nice. But I can get to over 3.2k on my temp, with the 38k magic.

And are you both not sorcs? Ought you both be stacking magic as best you can cuase the matriarch is only scaled off of max magic. Like 20% of your base heal.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 3, 2018 11:36AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My spell damage on both my healers is around 2k unbuffed but they both have high magic on the main bar, 41k for warden and 38k for my temp. My springs on my temp hits for almost 8k fully buff (can provide evidence if you don't believe me.) but the tool tip is like 2.6k. for my warden I run illustrious healing, but he is a Nord and my temp is a Argonian, so it hits for around the same.

The reason I tell you this is because a 4k healing spring tick is really low to me.

Unless you mean that his spell Damage get to over 4k. Well that is nice. But I can get to over 3.2k on my temp, with the 38k magic.

And are you both not sorcs? Ought you both be stacking magic as best you can cuase the matriarch is only scaled off of max magic. Like 20% of your base heal.

Maybe but when comparing with others 2.4 as a base seemed a bit above average. which. With criticals would a bit more of course. Now though it's interesting discussion though. Where healing springs should be at.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say it ought to be as high as you can get it, while being able to sustain, wearing SPC, at the very least.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say it ought to be as high as you can get it, while being able to sustain, wearing SPC, at the very least.

Wait back tracking a second? Your critical or base heal for healing springs is 3.2k?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait back tracking a second? Your critical or base heal for healing springs is 3.2k?

My tool tip just standing there in a bank is around 2.6k. fully buffed, ie major and minor sorcery, SPC, all that stuff, average is around 3.8k. crits as high as 8k with warhorn are not uncommon
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭

You can see all my numbers on the page 2 in this thread. I have 33312 Magicka, 17509 Health, 13306 Stamina. Mutagen tooltip is 18967, Healing Springs 2468. These numbers are with Major Sorcery buff on, everything else is off, including SPC buff. I can't check the numbers for other buff combinations right now.
    The numbers may not seem high, but don't forget I use this combination to be able to run Minor protection buff 100% time and that's -8% damage taken.

Now back to the Inner light skill. While I fully agree it's a good skill for beginners (because of the Major Prophecy buff, not for +7% Max Magicka), for a sorc healer it's a bad choice. Let me explain why. Sorc healers don't have any healing ability in their class skill lines (forget Matriarch for now), so they fully rely on Resto bar. No surprise you think, but it has consequences. The major consequence is that you have to put all your healing skills on 1 bar, you can't split them between both bars. Now on your Resto bar you have to run Combat Prayer, Healing Springs and Matriarch. There is no way around it, you must use them. That means you have only 2 remaining skills you can put on your resto bar:
    1) Mutagen - great HoT, very effective for SPC buff uptime. In trials it's hard to keep it up sometimes, but it's still super useful. It might be replaced by Blood altar, but why not just use both?
    2) Empowered Ward - yes, you can put it on your second bar, but honestly, I can't imagine switching on the second bar during hard times in trials. I have to stay on my Resto bar 100% time, and this skill helps me stay alive.

So if you want to put Inner light on your Resto bar, you have to replace it with either Mutagen or with Empowered Ward. I would never do it. There is also another issue I don't like - if you don't use Inner light on both bars, your Max Magicka will change when you switch on the second bar. It won't hurt your healing abilities, but I hate it, and I'm not giving out 2 slots for this skill.
    Yes.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear I'm still waiting for your trial build ... although I'm quite not sure why should it differ much from the dungeon one (except CP distribution and few minor skill changes), but maybe you will surprise me, since I don't have experience from vMoL and vHoF.

While I'm waiting, I'm still wondering why people say Healing Springs is the healer's main healing ability :)

(vAA last boss).

Ht3wVnf.png

Now it's the world's first "Nerf Energy Orb" post :(
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear I'm still waiting for your trial build ... although I'm quite not sure why should it differ much from the dungeon one (except CP distribution and few minor skill changes), but maybe you will surprise me, since I don't have experience from vMoL and vHoF.

While I'm waiting, I'm still wondering why people say Healing Springs is the healer's main healing ability :)

(vAA last boss).

Ht3wVnf.png

Now it's the world's first "Nerf Energy Orb" post :(

Yeah I have not been doing well updating it. Also you are right it might not different much besides a few different skills. I am experimenting.

Not a question for you. How are you sustaining such number of engery orbs?
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Orbs have been nerfed already^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Custos91 wrote: »

How?
    How are you sustaining such number of engery orbs?

I don't remember honestly, but 1262 Drain/s says I still haven't reached my limits :)

I guess the healing from orbs is also counted from Twilight Remedy...?
    I was quite surprised when I saw the parse for the first time, so I tried something else yesterday in some random nMoL runs.
    The result of not spamming Healing Springs so often and give more orbs was quite good, especially in corridor fights. And when three players popped my orbs (almost) at the same time, It was a satisfying moment :)

Anyway, I made a test on a skeleton (the healer's one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUAbfnnYJ8
    Yes.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Obs were nerfed while back, they used to be much cheaper^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custos91 wrote: »

How?
    How are you sustaining such number of engery orbs?

I don't remember honestly, but 1262 Drain/s says I still haven't reached my limits :)

I guess the healing from orbs is also counted from Twilight Remedy...?
    I was quite surprised when I saw the parse for the first time, so I tried something else yesterday in some random nMoL runs.
    The result of not spamming Healing Springs so often and give more orbs was quite good, especially in corridor fights. And when three players popped my orbs (almost) at the same time, It was a satisfying moment :)

Anyway, I made a test on a skeleton (the healer's one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUAbfnnYJ8

Interesting so was twlight counting for orbs?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ---Updating in Progress

Added Standard CP Allocation
    • - that shifts focuses to less supportive allocation and more standard.
    • - Added 120 Tactician passives for off balance and more effective usage of stamina.
    • - shifted green cp to add treasure hunter passive while migration addition stamina cost to recent addition stamina load.
    • - Shifted red cp for better survival.

Credits: Thanks xxflow for assistance it red cp allocation.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Updated

* cleaned up starting page
    * Added build Dark Priestess (end game sorc healer version)
    * Original Build Pug Proof is cleaned up slightly with moving dark exchange and orbs slots.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Updated

- Revised advantages and disadvantages
    - Added Synerizer Build (Sustain Sorc healer build)

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated
    • Added FAQ
    • Changed Credits to Acknowledgements
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated
    - Added Place Holder for Blood Priestess Build (Trial Sorc Healer)
    - Added Tamerial Foundry Link to Blood Priestess Build
    - Added PvP Sorc Healer Theory Craft Build
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't hold it out any longer: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397661/jack-iprits-guide-for-sorcerer-healers-to-veteran-trials#latest

:D

Now I'm looking forward to seeing your trial build :)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't hold it out any longer: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397661/jack-iprits-guide-for-sorcerer-healers-to-veteran-trials#latest

:D

Now I'm looking forward to seeing your trial build :)

Thanks, and I look forward to reading it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Bones Summary

With dragon bones, many changes happened for group play. First synergies have become more reactive especially orbs, and ground based synergies. While... others needs further gameplay experience, but seems to need a bit more. Nevertheless, anyone using or experiencing this build or synergies will have greater experience.

First we discussed not long ago, greatness weakness of sorc healers is heals over time. Which made proof to our claims that twilight remedy was best set for sorc healers. But now with addition of coverage by 12 times for blood altar. I expect more builds can exist. In those reguards, I have personally been experimenting with new trial build (currently uses same as dark priestess), but as my addiction.. or passion for dungeons I sorta my end game sorc healer build, dark priestess, for that in mind.

Previously, it was pug proof build that waa well know design that was implemented to show how supportive sorc can be years ago. This then grew into most adaptive healer build to be published for elder scrolls online that feared no pugs but embraced them. This was thanks to many changes along the way, but it still holds true to this day.

Most notable is higher then other classes uptime for concussion and off balance. Though now lesser on boss class mobs with dragon bones update. With creative use of twilight we increased minor force uptime adding more to damage dps well due, but also protecting them with 26k+ heal over 10sec. This is better or almost as good as barrier and other ultimate class heals. Now in regards to resources, we above normal with addition synergies already, but can provide 10% for stamina and magicka in regain while also providing regular orbs, and elemental drain. This build provides more resources then other healers. But making it really pug proof we added aoe minor protection, and now with dragon bones Major vitality. Making bone surge+ major mending+ twlight impressive combination . Overall I like to say in some way this build covered all most popular sets support theme in some degree, worm, mending, sanctuary, even Jorduvin guidance with sorc already providing more war horns then other healers. Which stakes it claim as most adaptive healer build for random teams

Now as I play less in random groups, I have moved on to redesign this into what I will call this the dark priestess and end game sorc healer build. It removes impulse in assumption that 10% from minor mangle isn't worth when dps well be killing things fast. It also lessens effect arrance well proc, but goes to say syneries will be in use more so it's less needed. Instead now added, Lighting ward for addition protection, and movement in dungeons while adding large aoe damge over time effect to proc concussion. In regards along the way, dark exchange fell off the map with 1.4 sec casting time. It was more fluid to add more heavy attacks. Pushing for greater effect added liquid lighting that gives tanks easier things to proc for syneries and added sustain, while also giving push for concussion up time. Overall provided to be highly effective.

In the coming days, I will testing guard to increase uptime of minor force, and pug proof for squishy tanks ( lower then resistances needed). It's another thing to make this push limits for random dungeons and end game. In regards to fabled trial build I haven't done much with, but use same build as Dark priestess, but I have some thoughts. I see off balance changes as potential chance to remove elemental lightning in trial setup. While set having off balance in with] CP 120 passive that is now reachable Tactician. I see dark exchange coming back possibly for more orbs. I will likely remove mutagen in the setup as it's usage is far more limited in trial areas. In similar regards I will be moving more traditional and looking at my recently gotten infused lighting staff for some better results. On a different thought, have been inspired for pvp sorc healer build using sorc negate + earthgore + stendarr. It will cleanse the field so to speak. On final thing still looking at possibility of monster helms inside trials. There's been some interesting talk about sentiental and earthgore has sooo much potential that I want to realize. So it's taken time, but sorc healer definitely have place and healer class paradigm and aren't as rare as mythical dragon knight healers anymore. (much <3 to them)

[/b]
    Edited by Tasear on February 26, 2018 7:45AM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... and aren't as rare as mythical dragon knight healers anymore.

Challenge accepted :D

Actually I've already got a DK healer build, but I don't have much time for her, so it will take some time to test it out. But one day... :)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed twlight remedy proc is significantly lower with bone shield changes. On related note using guard has proven interesting in small settings, giving higher damage output for allies, but need for be on bar action, and be 15 meters near ally, makes worth questionable. Going forward going see if can limit to 1 or 2 bars.