Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Basics for tanking?

nihirisutou
nihirisutou
✭✭✭
So I have been playing a bit, but I have never gotten around to actual group content and I feel like I am missing out haha.

I spent the majority of my time levelling characters, as I just get bored a little bit after finishing one, collecting skill points, etc. etc.

Now, I did play a bit of easy peasy tanking for world bosses on my StamDK and I think this is something I would enjoy doing. However, I don't want to be a bother and suck at tanking when I am giving veteran dungeons a try.

I looked at Alcast's build 'Cataclyst' I understand the mechanics, but the gear seemed mostly dungeon stuff. Which I will obviously go after, but I was wondering...

Are there some easy to obtain tanking sets? Or craftable ones that would be viable?
[PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy obtainable:Plague doctor, green pact, meridias blessed, order of diagna, vampire's cloak.

Craftable:hist bark, fortified brass, armor master.

You can look more here:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Heavy+Armor+Sets
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague doctors (Deeshan) and torugs pact (crafted).

If you are in pug groups with people who don't offer synergies this will work better than the BIS for trials. Lots of good set combinations work though.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the things about BiS gear is the notion that it generally has bonuses to help others. When and if my tank gets into vet content I might consider that but in the meantime I have plenty of skills that help others and don't feel 'selfish' about selecting armor to let me better survive and sustain myself. As Woeler recommends, I like a decent pool of stam and solid mag recovery. So my DK armor is very simple: Seducerx5, Song of Lamaex4, Plague Drx3 (jewelry). From that I get:
    Mag recovery x2
    Magicka x1
    Mag cost reduction of 8% x1
    Spell resist x1
    Physical resist x1
    Health x3

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Plague doctors (Deeshan) and torugs pact (crafted).

If you are in pug groups with people who don't offer synergies this will work better than the BIS for trials. Lots of good set combinations work though.

I agree on this, frankly I'd have to level Undaunted first to make use of the synergie benefits.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Stop for Gear and Build Advice

https://woeler.eu/

From Beginner to Vet Trials for Leaderboard Times
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"