Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

need help with class

murbachzerob14_ESO
murbachzerob14_ESO
Soul Shriven
hey guys I came to eso recently [loving it so far] from 12 years of wow. I'm having a huge problem with picking a class, I was levelin a redguard stamsorc that was fun but it seemed to burn me out, maybe because I has the ambition of leveling as a magsorc? when I reset my traits to magik i felt like I was killing stuff way to slow and just gettin rocked.

I am here for PvP, after wow killed my resto druid PvP I wanted a change of pace, somethin more in your face and deadly and viable and just overall fun, my biggest thing is just gettin a class leveled so I'm looking for something that in the right hands can be a terror on the battlefield and easy/fun to level. I was enjoying stamdk but I heard they are pretty trash in PvP right now.. I need some good advice cause I really wanna enjoy this game... but picking between class after class and not making up my mind is burning me out, would enjoy your thoughts on a class so I can get more knowledge of endgame pvp. ty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best class in PVP is the one you want to play.

If you want mobility on the battlefield, I'd lean more towards a stam sorc, a stam templar, or a stam warden. I'm currently enjoying a stam warden and there's a lot of variety in how you can play them, everything from a tanky bruiser to a fast sniper.

A stamDK is going to play more like a tanky bruiser, mostly likely. A lot of their difficulty in PVP comes from a lack of mobility and a lack of burst damage, so if you go for a stamDK, find ways to play to their strengths with DOTs and keeping the pressure on your enemies.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve never gone into using a stamsorc much at all, so I can’t really comment there. A friend of mine did try one though for quite a while and she seemed to think it was just pretty clunky from what I remember.

As for stam DKs, they can absolutely still do good in pvp. It is true that their damage could be better, but if built right they can be very beefy and hard to kill.

Another class you could later try for pvp would be a stam nightblade (using dual wield and/or 2h). They can do a lot of damage and still have a sort of “in your face” play style, just with some sneaky elements mixed in.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on February 8, 2018 3:07PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    I’ve never gone into using a stamsorc much at all, so I can’t really comment there. A friend of mine did try one though for quite a while and she seemed to think it was just pretty clunky from what I remember.

I think my stam sorc would have done very well in an organized group fighting against large numbers of opponents where my AOEs could really come to full strength and the extra Negate would be effective, but I didn't enjoy PUGing with it. That being said, I know there's lots of good stam sorcs in PVP, so its likely I just didn't practice enough.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at FENGRUSH. Some of his content is a little older, but stamsorc is his preferred class in pvp and i recommend looking at some of his builds and advice regarding stam sorc potential and ideas for a build.