Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Live February 16 @ 6PM EST – Dev Dungeon Challenge!"

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to lots of "WTF!? I was out of that?"
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And there it is!

B)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... In Monday's patch vSP HM nerf incoming? :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could not watch this. Is it worth going back and watching it?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter They got to Zaan without issues but spent about an hour getting brutally murdered by her over and over again before giving up and killing her on non-HM. So, depends how much you enjoy watching someone die over and over again.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being down under I may not get to see it but can we get Arun down of gear they’re running on forums please
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter They got to Zaan without issues but spent about an hour getting brutally murdered by her over and over again before giving up and killing her on non-HM. So, depends how much you enjoy watching someone die over and over again.

Lol so the devs themselves couldn’t beat hm but they expect us to?
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

Why not?
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

Personally, I appreciate that ESO has such difficult content. The devs got close! I think their best run they got the boss down to 32%? It's doable, for sure, and I think it's really good to have challenging content that everyone could work towards completing.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Being down under I may not get to see it but can we get Arun down of gear they’re running on forums please

I don't remember everything, but two of them were running Kagrenac's Hope 'just in case'.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For what it’s worth, they completed the entire thing on hard mode in about 35 minutes earlier that day. Performing in front of a live audience is tough!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it’s worth, they completed the entire thing on hard mode in about 35 minutes earlier that day. Performing in front of a live audience is tough!

Uh huh. Video or it didn't happen. :smiley::smiley:
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like they needed more coffee for the live run.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Done on live or on the PTS with god mode enabled? :trollface:
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like they needed more coffee for the live run.

Maybe they had too much coffee before the Live run... :smile:
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hear excuses ^^
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rich needed his apple juice :wink:

That, and its hard to do in front of a live audience w/o swearing overtly.

p.s. I think Rich may need a swear jar :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing on PTS is sorta like cheating. They don't have to deal with the lag and latency spikes experienced on the live servers.
    What we want to see is them do it in the game, not the PTS server.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    p.s. I think Rich may need a swear jar :wink:

I am all for having some sort of penalty whenever someone swears. Say, every time someone swears we get a screenshot of content from the next DLC? o:)>:)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were wonderful and they did wonderfully, very entertaining the whole way through.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing on PTS is sorta like cheating. They don't have to deal with the lag and latency spikes experienced on the live servers.

They aren't going to give up their live server character and account names, for extremely obvious reasons. The PTS is good enough of a representation.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't going to give up their live server character and account names, for extremely obvious reasons. The PTS is good enough of a representation.

More than that... PTS has the templates they need in case their Live characters are not properly suited for the content.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to lots of "WTF!? I was out of that?"

Right? 'Omfg look at my body are you fing with me right now?!'
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Changing my hostile AoE indicators to match Finn's bright white ones might be the best decision I have ever made, so thank him for that for me.

Aside from that, the show was fantastic. Lots of fun.
    unban my first account thanks
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to go to bed when I decided to check this out. Ended up watching the whole thing and enjoying it immensely. Not only did I learn a lot of the mechanics of the dungeon (especially of the final boss) but I got to laugh my ass off as the devs wiped over and over when they made tiny errors. Given how many huge errors I usually make myself in dungeons (I am no elite player!), this made me feel much better about my own wipes.

Some choice memories (not exact quotes):

“Let’s do this.”
    “Uh, guys, I need a heal.”
    “Fire! Ice dudes! Stay out of the poison! Interrupt!”
    “I got the rez! Uh...no I don’t, I’m snared.”
    “Wrobel’s dead again.”
    “I’m turned to stone.”
    “I got thrown back over the edge!”
    “OK, no scroll.”
    “Guys, Alcast says he’ll send you a guide tomorrow.”
    Edited by DarcyMardin on February 19, 2018 8:44AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “Let’s do this.”
    “Wrobel’s dead again.”
    “I’m turned to stone.”
    “OK, no scroll.”

@Alcast Did you end up sending them that guide?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ended up being victims of their own bugs, and appropriately so.

We'll disregard that they went in with healer and one DPS sporting Kagrenac's (which is typically not going to be a standard setup, nor should be required in almost any content to pull off a rez.)

I am a little skeptical about the lack of damage the tank was tanking in the earlier parts.

Earn it.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    “Let’s do this.”
    “Wrobel’s dead again.”
    “I’m turned to stone.”
    “OK, no scroll.”

@Alcast Did you end up sending them that guide?

I did :trollface:

To be fair tho apparently they managed to finish it in the morning when they "practiced" hehe
    They ended up being victims of their own bugs, and appropriately so.

We'll disregard that they went in with healer and one DPS sporting Kagrenac's (which is typically not going to be a standard setup, nor should be required in almost any content to pull off a rez.)

I am a little skeptical about the lack of damage the tank was tanking in the earlier parts.

Kagrenac OP.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Lol, I was right! :D
    Scalecaller Peak
    Zaan the Scalecaller (Hard Mode)

- Anyone protected from Pestilent Breath will now be safe, even when they happen to be in an area where the ability overlaps.
    - The Orb of Stone's beam will now remain active longer to avoid the beam disappearing when you are actively seeking the Petrification effect.
    - The Orb of Stone’s beam now requires less time before applying the Petrification effect.
    - The additional monsters created by activating Hard Mode will no longer occasionally persist when you fail the encounter and Hard Mode is not yet activated.
    - The Leimenid will now correctly spawn a geyser when it dies, even if it was stunned or otherwise disabled.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol, I was right! :D
    Scalecaller Peak
    Zaan the Scalecaller (Hard Mode)

- Anyone protected from Pestilent Breath will now be safe, even when they happen to be in an area where the ability overlaps.
    - The Orb of Stone's beam will now remain active longer to avoid the beam disappearing when you are actively seeking the Petrification effect.
    - The Orb of Stone’s beam now requires less time before applying the Petrification effect.
    - The additional monsters created by activating Hard Mode will no longer occasionally persist when you fail the encounter and Hard Mode is not yet activated.
    - The Leimenid will now correctly spawn a geyser when it dies, even if it was stunned or otherwise disabled.

To be fair: they said before the run there were fixes coming and they wouldn't be in effect for the run.

Still funny though. :D