Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Figuring out how to max an XP scroll

Tizerak
Tizerak
✭✭✭
I have an XP scroll from something I bought a year ago when I last played. I was wondering if, for dungeons like Elden Hollow / Banished Cells / etc., you leave the dungeon with the dungeon quest complete but don't turn it in (the quest that gives a blue item and a skill point) can you just teleport back to the dungeon later and turn the quest in?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons reset after a brief period of time, so that can't be done.

Overland Quests can be banked to turn in all at once. You can also do Master Writs, people like Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting for that. Make the stuff before you accept the writs, then stand in front of the vendor accepting them and turning them in.

But the most reliable way is to find a nice quiet grind spot, pop the scroll and go to town on the mobs. If you can find someone to do Skyreach with you, that can be good too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Dungeons reset after a brief period of time, so that can't be done.

Overland Quests can be banked to turn in all at once. You can also do Master Writs, people like Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting for that. Make the stuff before you accept the writs, then stand in front of the vendor accepting them and turning them in.

But the most reliable way is to find a nice quiet grind spot, pop the scroll and go to town on the mobs. If you can find someone to do Skyreach with you, that can be good too.

Cool thanks, so they haven't nerfed AoE grinding yet (ever?).
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its an alt doing random normal dungeons is an fast way to level, did that with some of mine during the double xp events,
    Got up to 10 doing dolmen and exploring then one random dungeon, decon or sell, repeat next time. with the +150% bonus of double xp and scroll I did 3 levels on dungeons I had not done before. This was as healer, DD has an queue so not so effective
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MasterWrits + scroll = tons of XP. Just have 30+ writs ready to hand in before you pop the scroll.

Btw it doesn't matter what kind of writs you hand in...2 voucher writs are as good as any other.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a bunch of overland quests, but don't turn them in to the quest-giver at the end.
    Then eat the XP scroll.
    Then turn all the quests in really quickly. It helps if one of the quests you did was one that would give you a lot of XP, like one of the main quests, if you haven't completed the main quest-line yet.
    Then after that, go farm zombies or dolmens or something for the remainder of the scroll time.
    Profit.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I've never worried about using XP scrolls. I pretty much just non-stop quest. The only time I go back to town is to repair and empty bags.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tizerak the best place for this is Imperial City.

Finish main quest, then up each ladder you get a daily. Best way to do it is to pop up a ladder, get quest, come back down, repeat till you have all 6 quests, then only then jump off the last platform. Run around and do all 6 quests, takes 20-30mins tops. All 6 can then be handed in back in the sewers at once :)

Next update they will leave you logged on at IC. So if you pop option or scroll just before hand in and log out, next day times will have only just started and do them again, and as scroll is up Mob clearing naturally in IC is good XP too.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grind. Its only solution. Full training gear, xp booster, maybe some partner (but just one) to bust your xp even more, perfect would be to have merchant assistant and dustman addon which will take care of loot, it simply marks all the stuff you want ass trash allowing you to clean your inventory in less than 3s ;) Also repair kits are useful because the more xp you earn the faster your gear will break. In general from lvl 3 to lvl 50 can be done in one evening if well prepared.
    EDIT:
    Trust me I have grinded 9 of my 13 max lvl toons.
    Edited by Mayrael on February 17, 2018 9:48AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge