The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Matchmaking is a solved problem...

Kas
Kas
✭✭✭✭✭
Games like DotA, LoL are based entirely on a matchmaking problem that is fairly similar to that in ESO's BGs. They have put a lot of effort into figuring out how to deal with solo vs group queues and progression/MMR/ELO. Although people still complain, those game's succcess clearly demonstrates that their strategies work.

Why would anyone think that it is a good idea für ESO to completely ignore all of that?

I cannot play with friends / guild because if 90% of games are stomps it feels like I am just spending my evening sitting in queues doing nothing fun at all. When playing solo, every few games you get matched with rather new players -- usually without even a food buff and face a 4-man premade (that I often even know from duels and other occasions and who will even message me something like "RIP xDD" before the match starts. Tbf, I personnally don't find this too frustrating and still enjoy BGs, but then again, I have put way too much time into this game, outnumbered PvP, and BGs themselves and I can only imagine how frstrating the experience must be for those 100CP, no-bufffood, whatever-just-dropped-equip players that I somethimes get queued up with.
@bbu - AD/EU
Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
+ many others
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't heard a single credible argument on how matchmaking is supposed to work with three teams. How do you account for a scenario where one team is fighting 4v8? I don't believe it's possible at all.

Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I still haven't heard a single credible argument on how matchmaking is supposed to work with three teams. How do you account for a scenario where one team is fighting 4v8? I don't believe it's possible at all.

this usually happens:

a) because the 4 that fight 8 are in the lead / lookin to win. this is how it should be.
    b) because enemies are stupid, see below
    c) temporarily
    d) through mistakes of that team (e.g. move between enemies , engage too early, fight near enemy spawn)
    e) because of personal disputes (statistically negligible)

b) may be the biggest problem but this is actually solved by any decent matchmaking system. it's a big mistake for the part of the 8 that is not in the lead and over time these players will end up in lower skill brackets. properly playing the game will bring people up the ranks, fighting with and against other players who cleverly pick their targets.

sure, even perfect matchmaking will have terrible games that are lost form the start. but fewer of them. you argument is like saying dotas/lols matchmaking cannot fix the problem of malicious trolls that play against their own team. while this is true to some extend, it is also very false: by improving and making your way to the top, the chances of such a thing happening dimish and for those that already are in "low-skill" brackets, all they do is to behave properly themselves and thus the chance is to for their team to get a toxic player is slightly lower than on average and thus the player has an easier time going up the system
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One queue for grouped players, one queue for solo players. Solved
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭