The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS...giving the shaft again...

KILMAIM
KILMAIM
✭✭
So, if I understand this correctly, ZOS kills Flame Lash AND makes us pay for a re-spec to opt-out? Thanks again, ZOS! It would be nice if ZOS had a modicum of consideration, but if substantive changes are made by ZOS, which affects playability to the extent where ZOS's change becomes an imposition, making us pay (whether cash or coin) to reject such imposition seems to cross a line.

So, at this point, I am so discouraged with this game (and the hit to mag DKs) that as soon as my Plus membership expires, I have no intention to renew it. This applies to both my account and my wife's. I've been playing since beta and paying since release (they gave us a liger like five years ago...I suppose I should curtsy). Since ZOS certainly doesn't mind imposing changes insofar as anyone disagreeing with the change must pay to re-spec, ZOS shouldn't mind no longer receiving free-cash.

In the big picture, I understand that what amounts to just over $300 per year for two accounts is beans, but any hit to ZOS's free-revenue stream will be seen on a chart somewhere. This exposition explains the hit to at least two specific data values. Maybe if others make the same choice, ZOS will do a little more listening-and-thinking and be a little more considerate. Only time will tell, @ZOS_GinaBruno.
  • KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    In response to ZOS's use of a middle finger heavy attack, I successfully deflect by raising my shimmering mirror of infinite hold. Cheers...