The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login Error

smacky
smacky
✭✭✭
First time I have tried logging in today (Steam):

LOGIN ERROR
An Unexpected internal error has occured.
Please contact customer service at
help.elderscrollsonline.com

At the top of this forum is a message which needs to be removed (Since there is obviously still an iussue here):
The issues related to Steam players logging in to the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I can login using the client without steam. (i bought the game through steam, but when it first came out).

I did however have to wait for an activation code to authorize my computer.

Tried steam again after this, still the same error. There is some sort of authentication issue between steam and zos.
  • RubyWarfare
    RubyWarfare
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, restarting the client did not do a thing. I am still having this issue and cannot log in. Oh well. I will try again later.
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    I can't log in and my error message mentions steam. I don't use steam.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue is still present with the Steam client. I can’t log in.
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be related to the Steam-ESO launcher.
    I launched from Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe and i was able to login

Only issue was you need your ESO username and password to login
  • AlexTheBrave
    I have been having issues with this for the past 10 hours. Not happy Jann.

While I can use the workaround of the eso64.exe, it does not recognise that I have a ESO Plus account and therefore I cannot store into my craft bag, bank or house, due to limits.

Have I tried turning it off and on again? YES.
    Let's go old-school, shall we? ASL: 48yrs, Married Female, Australia
  • Riseyy
    Riseyy
    Still cannot login either :'(
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As stated by another user: ESO Plus is not enabled when using the workaround.
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    I have this problem as well
  • IXI_Otaku_IXI
    IXI_Otaku_IXI
    Soul Shriven
    I am still having this problem using steam. I have repaired game files, tried all steps on the help.elderscrollsonline.com.
    I cannot login using the launcher.

If i launch the .exe file I can login, but the game does not recognize my ESO Plus membership when I login this way.
  • aaron.grimes13b14_ESO
    Still having trouble logging in.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread because there is already an ongoing discussion regarding the Steam issue here. We are aware that some Steam players are having issues logging into the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers. We are actively investigating and will let you know when we have an update. If you have issues you can post in the linked thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.