The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Kings Gambit - Meet Allies in the Greedy Gut

axellslade
axellslade
Soul Shriven
Well, I can't get past this part of the quest.
I sucessfully got the key killing the Vosh Rakh guys, but when I enter the Greedy Gut it's completely empty.
I saw a guy with this same problem over the XOne Tech Support Forum, so maybe it's worth checking.

Edit: So... I abandoned the quest and tried a different approach to it, by trying to steal the key off Sergeant Vulmon, but I emptied his pockets and got no key.
So I went to kill the Vosh Rakh dudes again and... They just vanish mid-fight, for no reason and I get the key anyways. Still, I went to the Greedy Gut and it's still empty.
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    Thanks for the report. We're investigating these issues you've brought to our attention.

We have identified a problem that could cause the Vosh Rakh to vanish and have fixed it internally. It should make it to the Live servers soon.

One thing to note. The allies aren't in the front area of the Greedy Gut. Look for them down the tunnels in the back.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • axellslade
    axellslade
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for the feedback.

I want to clarify that I did go to the tunnels around the back of it and Owayin wasn't there cowering like he should.

For some odd reason I was only able to see him when I properly finished the Vosh Rakh by killing them. That happened on my fifth try, when I was able to kill them fast enough so they wouldn't disappear. I then looted the key and went to the Greedy Gut, and there he was!

Maybe him not appearing has something to do with not killing the Vosh Rakh Captain woman(Sorry, forgot her name) when she vanishes mid-fight?

Cheers,
    Axell
    Edited by axellslade on July 29, 2016 4:28AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must say that it's way easier to go kill the Vosh Rahk for the key than to try pickpocket the sergeant. I did pickpocket until his pockets were empty (no key)... and what are you supposed to do then???
  • axellslade
    axellslade
    Soul Shriven
    Must say that it's way easier to go kill the Vosh Rahk for the key than to try pickpocket the sergeant. I did pickpocket until his pockets were empty (no key)... and what are you supposed to do then???

Yeah, I talked to the people on my guild and no one of them(like, 20+ people) managed to pick the key off his pockets. This part of the quest is either broken or the chances of picking the keys off his pockets are incredibly low.
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    It's 2018 and this quest is still broken. I have now received the key each different way and nobody is at the Inn. What gives?
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    So, not sure why this worked but I decided to enter the outlaw refuge and come out the other side of it. Once I did that, the door to the tunnels that were closed off initially were open and I could complete the quest.
  • pizzamanub17_ESO
    So, not sure why this worked but I decided to enter the outlaw refuge and come out the other side of it. Once I did that, the door to the tunnels that were closed off initially were open and I could complete the quest.

It's May 20198 and the quest is still broken. Just had the exact same thing happen. I got into the inn, got to where it said to meet my friends, the quest advanced to talk to Orsynum (sp?) and there's no one there. I left through the back door, thinking they'd run off, and now I can't get back into the greedy gut.

I tried the trick of going into the outlaw refuge and out the other side - no luck though.

I'd gotten the key legit by killing the evil captain and her friends and looting it from the backpack afterward.
  • pizzamanub17_ESO
    It's May 20198 and the quest is still broken.

Clearly it's not 20198 - though it wouldn't surprise me if the quest was still broken thousands of years from now. But it's 2019, so this 3 year old bug is still a problem. Great work guys.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2021. Still broken. doing on alt and having same issues.