Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HOW-TO -FIX - DISCONNECT/BLUESCREEN/LAG/FRAMERATE ISSUES (PS4 CONSOLE)-Xbox - TIPS - KNOWLEDGE BASE

Daganerabus
Daganerabus
✭✭✭
Many ppl have complained regarding Constant disconnects or bluescreens. YES, this may happen very frequently for many. Ppl are quick to blame ESO and their programming etc. BUT, it is NOT always the programming. In fact, if some ppl would do some research, look at all the variables as to why they might be getting bluescreened or disconnects. One might be surprised in regards to the actual underlining issues. Some TIPS herein, will also be applicable to Xbox console. Although the Main Tips apply to PS4 console.

Sometimes, it may be eso, your internet, your router firewalls, outdated firmware, or router firmware may need to manually be updated..... because the existing firmware is soooo outdated while the eso game, other games, and playstation firmware updates regularly, including your modem from your provider! .

Console USERS: THE MOST COMMON, (often unknown to many, and not even thought about).... is your "USB PORT"

That's Right!
If YOU HAVE some other type of DEVICE plugged into your USB Port on your Playstation, other than what has been officially designed for your ps4 etc.

**eg: Many PPL are using the PORTS to CHARGE an Ipad, portable mp3 player device, perhaps.... s even worse, (YOUR CELLPHONE!) **
{{Yes, this somehow CAUSES PPL to BLUESCREEN or DISCONNECT.}}

▪▪▪(Try Removing ALL DEVICES, or Unknown devices from your USB ports. A GREATER percentage of you will notice that your disconnects are remedied. (I have personally repeatedly tested this issue). And in fact, it is legitimate. ( This TIP was at onet-ime available on the internet.) (I believe, it may have been available on the official psn website.)▪▪▪

Part 2 :

**Outdated game saves. Ps4 games saves contain the patches inside of the saves. You should DELETE ALL old game saves no longer in use. These older outdated saves exist in your console long after the game has been removed. ESPECIALLY PS4 if you do that Game Rental thing. Playstation unlimited or something. EACH GAME YOU PLAY adds a save file. The remnants of this.... can also cause issues with ESO ELDERSCROLLS ONLINE.
- (your saves should already be backed up online in your Playstation plus) - seeing how you have to have ps plus on order to play elderscrolls online.

PART 3.

You can goto the OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION WEBSITE to obtain and follow the directions for SAFE-MODE, And basically do a CLEAN-UP and type of DEFRAG for your Playstation. There are 2 Selects which you will want to do. ONE is to REBUILD DLLs. Dynamic Link Library. THIS in turn will remove leftover coding or crap left behind from INSTALLS & UNINSTALLS and old game files.

The other option does a type of basic restore as well. - YOU WILL NOT LOSE your Game files.... and Will Not have to Reinstall your games. Providing you select the correct options by following the instructions efficiently. But, YOU WILL need to KNOW your password. - remember, after all is complete. Bring your playstation out of safe mode.

Not only will this restore SIGNIFICANT HEALTH to your Playstation, preserve the longevity of your HDD (Hard drive). It will also make your READ/WRITE times faster. The process will have reallocated your existing files to a new section of the harddrive. - (ssd-Solid State Drives) not incl. In this *if you upgraded your device).

After the ABOVE is complete. YOU WILL Discover that you have much less disconnects, much LESS LAAAAGG.Games Load Faster! Less dropping of Frame-Rates etc.

Part 4. **LAG - and/or Frame-Rate drops.***
Most DO NOT KNOW THIS.

** If the Above does not resolve your Lag or framerate issues. Then TRY CHANGING the HDMI Cable! -《I have done this numerous of times with multiple units.》 YOU just Might be Surprised!
Yes, the HDMI Cables... can eventually crap out. (I will not go into the explanation on it at this time).

The Last thing regarding lag amd framerate drops. May have something to do with your television which you use. --- Do reviews on gaming televisions. Find out which televisions have the best HDMI speeds etc.

However, before running out to buy a new television. Please CHECK YOUR SETTINGS. Do a DEFAULT on your Television after you have followed the Above Steps. And ...

NOTE:
If you have a SPECIFIC dedicated HDMI port for "Gaming" - use it!

If your Television has a SETTING CALLED "GAME" - Use it! ... yes the quality will slightly change. But these are specially designed optimized system settings which are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED for Gaming, gaming speeds, framerates, and overall safety of yourself amd your DEVICES.

Some information im here, ... can apply to Xbox's as well.

I hope you all find this post informative and helpful.

(((((UPDATED)))))
ADDED: **I almost forgot! That for some LAG issues... and disconnects
You may also want to TRY THE FOLLOWING:

1. Reset your modem and router by unplugging it and/or pushing the a pen into the little pinhole (reset button) often found in back of modem.

2. If hardwired to a router or modem. (Cabled),
Go into YOUR Playstation or Xbox SETTINGS, goto NETWORK, Set-up new network, select "Automatic" --
(This will dump the cache, and find a new DHCP
(DYNAMIC HOSTING PROTOCOL) - basically, assigning a new IP address to your system, one that is less congested. (Shared with neighbours etc.) Thus also increasing YOUR OVERALL Internet Speed! and addressing some Lag issues as well. -- This SHOULD be done Periodically anyways.

***In addition: if you happen to get disconnected from server and try to LOG back in, and receive a message that "THIS ACCT. Is already logged in" "or in use" -

¤¤¤<< (Solution) >> ¤¤¤
by following the steps I just mentioned here, most often will log you back in immediately without having to wait the ppossibly 10-20min server hang delay.

(Former Technician)
p.s. pls forgive any typos. Using cellphone touchpad. 3am. and I am writing this. lol.
Also, I often type in CAPS ...moreless emphasising words. Pls do not take it as SHOUTING. :D

Edited by Daganerabus on April 23, 2017 10:00PM
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get past the random capital words
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get past the random capital words

ya, sorry about that. It is a unique way of writing unconventionally. - But sets me aside from a copycat impersonator whom has copied my name and guild name etc. And acting pretty cruel and scammy with ppl on ps4 servers. This prety much is how most whom know me, can tell the difference.
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Daganerabus on April 23, 2017 9:55PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the middle of the night here in the US. Forum traffic will pick up in a few hours.

image.png

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    It's the middle of the night here in the US. Forum traffic will pick up in a few hours.

image.png

Ya.. same here in Canada. lol. BY THEN, this post will likely be long gone & buried behind countless others. lol.
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Daganerabus on April 23, 2017 9:53PM
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post, very informative.
  • MasturCheef
    MasturCheef
    ✭✭✭
    Top post gave me cancer.

Dude, stop fishing for likes while shouting out mostly stupid or obvious workarounds/facts in capslock...

Please.
    Edited by MasturCheef on April 22, 2017 8:47PM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes my stomach ill , I think If I read the first post again will get cancer, so NO LIKE .
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was this moved to xbox instead of PS4.....

SOme of this is just......are humans really doing this silly stuff (I know the answer is as I get odd questions on xbox party chat non game specific)

But honestly a lot of this is PS4 specific and this OP is better listed under their tech section for visibility.
    There are differences especially with the recent and upcoming xbox system updates that this should be moved to PS4 Tech thread
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 5, 2017 2:33PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kfab7955
    kfab7955
    Soul Shriven
    I was just dueling this one guy and all of the sudden I started to get the worst lag I have ever experienced since I started playing this game. I was fine the whole time I was on my character but as soon as I started the duel I get major lag. The lag made me lose the duel and right after my game crashed.

Also for some reason during the duel I got a random bounty out of nowhere and lost the gear that I stole
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    kfab7955 wrote: »
    I was just dueling this one guy and all of the sudden I started to get the worst lag I have ever experienced since I started playing this game. I was fine the whole time I was on my character but as soon as I started the duel I get major lag. The lag made me lose the duel and right after my game crashed.

Also for some reason during the duel I got a random bounty out of nowhere and lost the gear that I stole

It appears that your framerates may be dropping. Alot has to do with the amount of information on screen. By following the steps provided above, should essentially solve your issues. - adjusting your television and playstation settings. Make sure they are appropriately adjusted resolution.
    Lowering the quality of the image is a quick fix. But again, I refer you to try the above help info posted. And I would like to know if it has solved your issues once completed.

Last resort, resetting playstation following the above info, and reinstalling your game.

Another thing that causes lag, .. but is more rare, is the hard drive (hdd) wear and tear. This affects the read/write times.

Please let me know how it tuens out for you.

Thank you.

Daga
  • Daganerabus
    Daganerabus
    ✭✭✭
    Why was this moved to xbox instead of PS4.....

SOme of this is just......are humans really doing this silly stuff (I know the answer is as I get odd questions on xbox party chat non game specific)

But honestly a lot of this is PS4 specific and this OP is better listed under their tech section for visibility.
    There are differences especially with the recent and upcoming xbox system updates that this should be moved to PS4 Tech thread

GOOD QUESTION??? THIS is suppose to be mainly for PS4 - and only a portion can be used for Xbox. So essentially, this should be copied to both sections. But mainly, ps4.

Ty for bringing this to my/our attention.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Daganerabus
    I just found this post today.

I have just rebuilt the Database on my PS4 Pro, and changed my Sony TV settings to "Game".
    Have yet to reset my modem and try the reset DHP you mentioned.

A couple of questions:
    The HDMI cable - when I purchased my television I was given a Linden high speed HDMI (LI2PHD15) cable - so (I assume) that's better than the one the console came with? Is that the best option available? I think this is gold plated. (I don't have the box any more and can only go off the description on the sales invoice.)

Also I couldn't find any information on resetting my PS4 Pro's Dynamic Link Library. A Google search only brings up links on "Dynamic 4K".

I'm not holding my breath that these steps are going to improve performance much, since I think the issue is most probably due to both my distance from both servers and my potato (ADSL) Internet - which I currently have no option of changing.

TYIA.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is all wonderful information and a very cool effort on the OP and don't wish to take away from it at all but I am going to say this.

1. I don't have any of these types of issues with other games.
    2. I have actually replaced my PS4 PRO twice, once because I thought perhaps the built in Ethernet to the unit was not working as intended. so all these performance issues have carried over 3 PS4 Pro systems.
    3. I went out and bought a specially rated HDMI cable when I first got my PS4 Pro to ensure this would not be an issue and no improvement over the standard one that came with the unit.
    4. Same issue over different TV's
    5. all the points you raise about cleaning up the system are great and no doubt could solve some issues but not what a majority are reporting but still worth a try.

I believe (and this is just my thoughts) that in order to combat cheating they have moved a lot of the processing from client to Server and this is why there is so much lag. There is a much more in depth explanation on this but I don't want to talk about it here, if anyone wants to learn about it they can go look it up as I did (not trying to be rude).

I will say this, the people who work to develop the games know how ISP's work, how internet traffic works (latency and pings), how counsels and PC's work and this great big mish mash all gets put together and It better be their specialty. They want to reach as many customers as they can. I have played many games in the 20+ years I have been gaming suffer from these issues (starting with sierra online I think one of the first online gaming service) and it always boils down to profits and I'm ok with this honestly, people need to get paid and companies need to make money to keep going and to be innovative. But how they do it long term sucks for consumers, they will invest in the services to get the recognition to draw in more customers and get them hooked and then ...

1. They go with cheaper servers or down grade the resources in any number of ways.
    2. The talent is pulled for newer games and other teams and their second or in some cases 3rd string teams are placed in charge and that's why bugs go unresolved for so long, its not easy to rewrite code and takes a lot of time and skill.
    3. New DLC breaks the game even more yet they release it anyway.

People continue to play and put up with it and vent on forums and that's as far as it goes, now if the gaming community would take a stand like they did with battlefront II I tell you this, Zenimax would handle things a whole lot differently or go out of business... but it is not easy to organize hundreds of thousands of players to do this thus Zenimax continues to do business as usual and the game continues to functions as it does.

To the OP, thank you for caring about your fellow gamers and further educating them on how to optimize there equipment. you deserve every awesome you get! :smile:
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 15, 2018 6:05PM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I get "Unable to connect. Make sure you have valid internet connection." on the ps4. Every time i enter a group, 12 man trial, or finish a dungeon. It even happens every 45-60 mins if I am farming in a 2-man party? I'm on PS4.

I've tried deleting the save files from Settings, changing my IP (8.8.8.8 etc), opening ports, turning power off and checking the router/modem internet connection which is all fine.

Has anyone had this and fixed it? It's so frustrating..
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    OK so update. I've just changed my ethernet cable back to WiFI.. setup a new connection, run everything automatically and then deleted my save files. I haven't had the horrendous movement delay that I had?

I did previous uninstall and reinstall to which this happened again. I've tested for 30 minutes and no movement delay which is progress ( I hope ) so far... This is such a strange game that you have to do these things? Anybody else had any luck or experienced this movement delay / lag ?
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA