The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

A Few Ideas for Housing decorations (Inspired by Skyrim's Hearthfire)

CrittyKitty
With over a year having gone on since the Homestead update in 2017, I am finally planning on buying my first house in ESO with the upcoming Dragon Bones update (The Princely Dawnlight Palace). I have been really excited to think about all the writs I have saved up and crafting recipes I have learned leading to the moment where I will finally be able to decorate my own house.

The houses from traditional TES games have always been one of my favorite aspects of the games; a place to call your own and show off where your adventures have taken you and what you have accomplished- all in the style you like. It was with this thought that I began to think about just what may be missing from the current ESO homesteads that I would love to see added in future updates.

These are inspired from previous TES house features i can recall from the Hearthfire DLC in Skyrim, so without further rambling here they are!
  • Armor Mannequins: These could be bought with writs and you could display your favorite armor pieces (or maybe even costumes?)- even spice things up with different poses to buy too!
  • Weapon Display Plaques/Racks I am probably not the only person to save a favorite quest weapon or one that I just thought looked cool or unique, all I need is a place to display it!
  • Stuffed Monsters I know that there are already undaunted plaques and busts but it would still be cool to display a regular stuffed monster or animal such as a wolf, deer, or daedra. This could even utilize those of us who have the various monster-trophy achievements allowing us to buy their respective monsters for display
  • Alchemy Garden Even if you cant harvest the ingredients you plant, just some recipes to place fake plants of different ingredients would still be a welcome addition. However, any possible way of adding a balanced version of your own homestead farm would be awesome- maybe one you could harvest daily for a small amount but this is just a stretch still I know

I may end up adding to this list in the future should I think of more things but that is it for now, I appreciate anyone who sees and supports this thanks!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on finding your home, lol. I have Grand Topal, and have had tones of fun decorating it. I created a massive wood ramp on the rear of the island that goes up to the pirate deck, a massive pier and post slab where I have piles of treasures, a trap door, and the world famous Skyshard Tiki Bar. I kinda want one of the new places to decorate too...although I’m thinking my next project might be a haunted house for Halloween (like a traditional one with a walled path and silly scenes).

I think your ideas are all solid, and the dev team should consider them. There have been many, many posts about people wanting gardens, and it seems odd they haven’t released at least a small square “topsoil” item and some plants. The stuffed monsters is a novel idea, but I think it’d be really popular. I sell a lot of furnishings, and the nord bearskin rug is suuuuuper popular...I’ve probably made and sold 200+.

I’m also excited about some of the new items coming with update 17. I saw tons of awesome red guard stuff in the previews...hope a lot drop as new recipes, because I don’t pay crowns, lol.