Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Negate: problem

Coggo
Coggo
✭✭✭
This is my first sorc and I'm having a helluva time trying to troubleshoot my negate.

When I ground cast Absorption Field I see it for 1 sec then it is invisible to me. I've checked combat metrics (both in cyro and on a test dummy) and the negate's effects are out & working for 12 seconds doing its thing - but I just can't see it.

I'm not sure if it is just me and/or my settings, but especially in Cryo (I know sometimes your negate can be negated but this invisibility behavior is consistent) it would be great to see that big half bubble of healz and silencing.

All advice gratefully received.
Edited by Coggo on December 13, 2017 1:19AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to increase amount of particles in video settings
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this exact same issue since 1T, still haven't solved it.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see other people's negates just fine, regardless of the amount, just can't see my own.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    I followed Mayrel's advice and it mostly worked. The trade off being I need to play on medium settings in Cyrodil to avoid a lagfest (Australia player) and then the problem returns.