The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Uk based playing NA Server

Steeler195
Is it true that if I am UK based and Playing the NA Server that some of my "Friends" options and access to "Guild Houses" options are impaired. I have asked this before and done/actioned everything asked of me but to no avail. The Guild has given permission to me for access but I do not get the option when right clicking and likewise for the Friends, I get no options when right clicking. Can anyone please solve this for me one way or another. The reason I ask again is because I trawled the net and a few (3) told me it was because I am playing the NA server from the UK. Being a retiree and not having much knowledge of computers I still find this strange!

Best Answer

• Steeler195
    Thank you for trying I will go back to Customer Support.
    Answer ✓
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how this could be true. I play from SE Asia most of the time, many people play from Australia and all around the world on the NA servers and I don't think any friends or guild housing option are disabled.
  • Steeler195
    I am in agreement but this does not answer my problem, why are my "options" impaired on Friends and accessing guild houses?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This could be an UI issue caused by add-ons you have loaded. Try removing add-ons and see if you have the correct options afterwards.
    1. Open the Finder and go to Documents.
      • Do not go to the Applications folder. ESOTU files stored in the Applications folder do not affect game preferences.
    2. Find the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder.
    3. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    4. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    5. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    6. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Steeler195
    I have done all of the above, I did not have any add ons in folder to remove though, and still i am unable to get options in friends - all I can do is add and I cannot access Guild homes as nothing happens when I right click. I am currently in 4 guilds and have been told that permissions have been given. Any ideas?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Steeler195

If removing add-ons has not helped gaining access to Guild Houses, you should contact customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post