Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Getting LUA Errors From Dragon Bones Update

Donari
Donari
✭✭✭✭
Yes, I know it's my add-ons acting up, though I did update all of them today that had any newer versions than Oct 23 (my last full add-ons update date). Greymind seems the worst offender, followed by Lorebooks and some part of the Wykkyd Suite. Googling for ways to mask the popups I find comments that it was fixed in Morrowind so we can no longer text-edit the settings file to increase capacity and the Shissa add-on that addressed this issue has been discontinued.

I'm fine with disabling a bunch of them, but when it comes to Wykkyd, I really rely on it. Especially the info bar at my screen top. Though it's not had a recent update, surprisingly enough. So I'd rather disable the pop up error messages and just deal with eventual possible game crashes after extended play. Does anyone know how to stop them from showing up while still utilizing add-ons? I'd like to level a character to see the guide and level rewards and a perpetual grey box in the middle of my screen makes that very difficult.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it can be a hassle finding out which addons cause those issues.

Oftentimes the stack trace in the error window gives an indication which addon is the culprit (e.g. right now No Thank You is throwing errors like after most patches), but that's not always the case. E.g. right now some addon causes the Level-Up Advisor to throw errors for me. Not yet figured out which one, I just disabled the Advisor. ;)

My suggestion would be to disable all addons, and then re-enabling them one by one, starting with the most important ones, until you start getting errors. It's tedious, but probably your best bet.

If you have the whole Wykkyd suite installed, maybe remove it and only install the individual parts you really need. The Toolbar seems to be working fine, I have it installed and don't get errors from it.

I'm also using Greymind's Quick Slot Bar, no issues there. If that one gives you errors, maybe delete its configuration and/or fully reinstall the addon.

Edited by Loc2262 on February 13, 2018 10:14AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. It's the text in the error window that told me it was Greymind and Lorebooks, those errors were hitting my main but didn't get in the way of standing at a home Outfit Station so I didn't fuss much (oddly, while outfitting my sorc, every time I weapon swapped I got a Greymind error). Once I got on my baby Warden, though, they were non-stop. Didn't matter how often I clicked Dismiss, the window would not go away, and some of the errors referenced Wykkyd.

I'll try the step-by-step addon enabling next time I get on the Warden. She's my lowest level which is why I wanted to try out the new leveling system with her.

I'd still rather have the error messages go to a chat channel that I can stick in its own tab, though, so I don't get a big grey box blinding me while playing ><
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Addon "No Thank You" can redirect script error messages to a notification as opposed to the big text box.

Unfortunately, No Thank You itself is broken right now. ;) Usually it won't take long though before the author updates it after a patch comes out.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon called Bug Catcher ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1083-BugCatcher.html ).
    It will catch all the bugs and store them for you, you will receive no more gray pop up boxes . You can then go to the addons settings menu and look at them.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.