Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There is completly new music in Auridon? unintentional or intentional

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Elegy music from Clockwork City. It plays really softly there and you may not have noticed it before
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't even tell you what music is this game sounds like :( I turned it off when the game launched

I turned it off myself after realizing the stupid battle music interrupted the ambiance every time a wolf or goblin decided I was looking at them funny. If they ever decide to add an extra Audio option to turn off battle music so the ambient music remains constant no matter what you do, then I'll gladly turn it back on.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    someone record the game for example?
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm curious vid please.
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    @ZOS_SoundMaster intentional? :)

Intentional. :)

As time allows, I try to write some new pieces specifically for the original zones, to inject some more variety there. I had enough time during this update to do just that, so Auridon ended up getting 5-6 minutes of new music.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on February 14, 2018 2:04AM
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As time allows, I try to write some new pieces specifically for the original zones, to inject some more variety there. I had enough time during this update to do just that, so Auridon ended up getting 5-6 minutes of new music.

Thats awesome! Keeping the repeatability of older zones even for new music is a great idea. Hope they provide you time to keep
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Brillaint.

As much as I may critisize this game, I've never had a problem with your work. Bravo.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard it yesterday in vulkhel guard. I like it :smile:
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭
    Now i really want to hear it.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i mostly pvp, and, i just really enjoy playing eso and having "quiet" time...

for myself, music is mostly for the car, work or going to sleep...

next time i'm out questing I need to give it a try though...

:o I pay more attention to the music during PvP; the combat drums make a useful early warning system.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, now I need to make a trip to Auridon!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I couldn't even tell you what music is this game sounds like :( I turned it off when the game launched

same here - the silence (other than environment and ability/weapon skills) sounds absolutely awesome...

hmmmm, there is still those annoying npc voices...unless i'm questing - could definitely live without them...that would be a nice option to add to consoles...
    You're both missing a lot. Some of the music in the game (especially in later releases) adds a hell of a feeling to the areas you're in.

ive personal found that jamming to some parkway drive is the best way to enjoy the game, i have all audio muted, so i can play my own music, may have to turn in on to see how good it is in game tho
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Another hint that we might be getting Summerset as the next chapter.

-INSERT THE HYPE-

Hint? Might get? Have you been living under a rock? The ending of the CWC DLC practically screams it directly to you that yes, we are going to summerset. As well as the numerous datamines that have already been done here on the forums. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

Ok rudeness. lol. No confirmation, all hearsay and maybes. 99.5% agree that it will be summerset, but hey... we have had preview/ingame footage from zones since 2014 that are still not in game...you never know 100% till ZoS themselves say its a go. :smile:

562653_416609995023191_100000225812511_1798824_536533721_n.jpg

:)
    Edited by DoctorESO on February 14, 2018 3:11AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SoundMaster ...i appreciate the music in eso quite a bit...much like the environment graphics - flawless work...i marvel at the weather effects and the creature sounds...

strangely enough - I really like hearing the different sounds our characters make...

music wise, is there any particular zone or dlc which you yourself enjoy the most?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too heard it and wasn't sure if it was on the PTS or live
    I recorded a small clip but it is of bad quality. Might post it later if i get the time to upload it (and remember to do it).

It's a soft crystally chiming music
    Edited by LMar on February 14, 2018 4:32AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New music in Auridon??

Honestly that is likely a sort of teaser since Summerset Isles is the next chapter. :smiley:
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're both missing a lot. Some of the music in the game (especially in later releases) adds a hell of a feeling to the areas you're in.

Amen to this. Some games, the music is so boring that I turn it off and listen to my own playlist. But ESO's music is so terrific (aside from that dull combat music from launch) that I never turn it off. I get legit annoyed when I'm watching an ESO video and the soundtrack has been replaced by the music from another game, or worse, radio top 40 hits. :D

PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Very cool, Brad!! :D@ZOS_SoundMaster
    Edited by DoctorESO on February 14, 2018 5:30AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering that none of this new music is on the Music of Tamriel discs, someone really needs to make this available on somewhere like YouTube. I need this update for my complete ESO collection =D
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get this music somewhere?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

same here - the silence (other than environment and ability/weapon skills) sounds absolutely awesome...

hmmmm, there is still those annoying npc voices...unless i'm questing - could definitely live without them...that would be a nice option to add to consoles...

I totally believe you Turelus ...

i mostly pvp, and, i just really enjoy playing eso and having "quiet" time...

for myself, music is mostly for the car, work or going to sleep...

next time i'm out questing I need to give it a try though...
    @geonsocal that's fair enough, I normally listen to my own music in PvP.

The PvE zones have really come to life with music in recent updates, if you're ever stuck in queue and running around a zone to pass time turn it on and enjoy! :smile:

You're a true hero. :heart:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard this too, I just figured it was added some time ago and I didn't notice because it's been a long time since I've been in Auridon. It does sound nice. I'll have to pay more attention to it now.
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    My Next Char Name will Be Soundmaster, thats a cool name.
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Considering that none of this new music is on the Music of Tamriel discs, someone really needs to make this available on somewhere like YouTube. I need this update for my complete ESO collection =D

Copyright laws.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, just gotta say that you guys in console will enjoy it
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's awesome, you're awesome! <3
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

any chance we can get road most traveled and the other remastered track from the vvardenfell chapter onto deshaan? I mean in the original morrowind those tracks played in mournhold which is located in deshaan so it would fit in the second era. those tracks scream morrowind and dunmer
    Edited by Aliyavana on February 14, 2018 4:43PM
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch! Heading to Auridon asap
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another hint that we might be getting Summerset as the next chapter.

-INSERT THE HYPE-

Hint? Might get? Have you been living under a rock? The ending of the CWC DLC practically screams it directly to you that yes, we are going to summerset. As well as the numerous datamines that have already been done here on the forums. I thought that was common knowledge by now.

Ok rudeness. lol. No confirmation, all hearsay and maybes. 99.5% agree that it will be summerset, but hey... we have had preview/ingame footage from zones since 2014 that are still not in game...you never know 100% till ZoS themselves say its a go. :smile:

I didn't know it either. But you know, it's so easy to make fun of people while sitting in front of a screen far away :)
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad I was wrong! <3