The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck in the Earth Forge

Diabolus1989
Diabolus1989
✭✭✭
I'm at the part of the FG quest where I've got to "Travel with Merric to find Aelif". But he just stays there, next to the forge, without moving. I can't interact with him. Nor can I interact with Aelif when I travel to her.

I've tried logging in and out, as well as exiting the game completely.

Does anyone happen to know a way around this glitch? I thought of abandoning the quest but I'd rather not unless there was really no other way.

Edit: I've just seen the Xbox Live service interruption notice. Could that be causing the problem?
Edited by Diabolus1989 on February 9, 2018 1:58AM
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at the part of the FG quest where I've got to "Travel with Merric to find Aelif". But he just stays there, next to the forge, without moving. I can't interact with him. Nor can I interact with Aelif when I travel to her.

I've tried logging in and out, as well as exiting the game completely.

Does anyone happen to know a way around this glitch? I thought of abandoning the quest but I'd rather not unless there was really no other way.

Edit: I've just seen the Xbox Live service interruption notice. Could that be causing the problem?

It's 'possible', however you'd normally have issues logging back in (because it wouldn't be able to pull your details in order to restore your saved state). Usually 'non-interaction' indicates a server disconnect - try dismounting or interaction with a crafting node or dropped item (such as a trash potion, armor piece or weapon). If it won't let you interact with that, you've got a server disconnect and it will likely boot you after a minute.

if it WILL let you interact with anything else, it's not a disconnect.

Try logging out > Quit Game > Manage Game > Saved data and delete your local copy (but ONLY the local copy)

This has worked for kickstarting bugged quests for me in the past, because it's a corruption of your local data copy that causes the issue.

Beyond that, it's a 'hard' game bug and you'll need to log a support ticket
  • Diabolus1989
    Diabolus1989
    ✭✭✭
    I left it for the night. Logged back in today and I was back in the FG basement in Rivenspire. Luckily, the majority of the quest was still completed - just a few dialogues I needed to go through again.