Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Huh? Raggy Relp !!

Rokal
Rokal
✭✭
Hail and well met, all,

So I just started a baby Warden and figured at Lvl 4 I'd run him over to the crafting stations to make some basic gear.

Now I have a TRUCK LOAD of mats in all tiers, but when I go into the Woodworking station for example the lowest tier mat I see is Sanded Mahogany... Uh... WTF?

Of course he can't work with these mats, so I can't craft any gear.

Is this because I have a Lvl 50/CP 112 character? I did spend 10 of those CP on this lil' guy... Did that hose me?

I have high level crafters who can make the gear as well... Assuming of course the low level, tier 1, mats display for them.

So what's going on?

Thanks for your help.
Thank you.

Take care,
Rokal, NoOb Extraordinaire
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are a subscriber then its p, ulling material info from your crafting bag
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you actually have any sanded maple in your inventory/craft bag?
    Is this because I have a Lvl 50/CP 112 character?
    No, crafting options are unaffected by CP.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    First things first:

You can use ALL your CP on ALL your characters. So if you're CP 120 and you have 5 characters, you can allocate 120 CP to each of them. So, put all 112 CP on your Warden.

Then, the woodworking materials in your crafting bag comes from your other characters. The crafting bag is accessible to all characters, so the material your higher level characters got are all accessible to your baby Warden.

Chances are that you don't have Sanded Maple in your bag, so you'll either have to farm some, or buy some from a guild store.
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Rokal
    Rokal
    ✭✭
    Yes I have Sanded Maple as well as up to Nightwood, Shadowwhatever, and Voidsteel... As well as Jute and material in every single tier up to CP 110.

Oddly, the Sanded Mahogany says it needs 3 items to create a Lvl ONE Staff ?!?!

I'll check him, as well as my other crafters once I get home.

Oh, yes I am a subscriber and I see those tier 1 mats in my craft bag... They just don't show in the crafting window... It starts at Sanded Mahogany with nothing to the left if it, then I can move the "cursor" so to speak, (I'm on Xbox but I think you know what I'm trying to say), to the right and see the mats I have up to Nightwood.

Very strange indeed.

Thanks for taking time to help.

Anyone wanna put money on it being a "relog" issue?
    Edited by Rokal on February 6, 2018 5:25PM
    Thank you.

Take care,
    Rokal, NoOb Extraordinaire
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox there has been a glitch where crafting station UI for blacksmithing/clothing/woodoworking will get corrupted after crafting a glyph/potion/food. If you visited one of those crafting stations first and got a "UI error" pop-up on your screen, that might be part of the issue.

Rather than relog, the first thing I would do is pull up the text chat window (doesn't matter which text chat channel) and type "\reloadui" (without the quotation marks) then enter. This will bring up a load screen and clear the UI cache. This usually fixes any crafting UI problems I've ran across. Much quicker than relogging. If that doesn't fix it, maybe a hard restart is in order.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Rather than relog, the first thing I would do is pull up the text chat window (doesn't matter which text chat channel) and type "\reloadui" (without the quotation marks) then enter.

/reloadui
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Rather than relog, the first thing I would do is pull up the text chat window (doesn't matter which text chat channel) and type "\reloadui" (without the quotation marks) then enter.

/reloadui

Yeah! What he said! ^^^
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)