Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help with search players tool

sylvy_gene
sylvy_gene
✭✭
Why in the search players engine some players have an @ before their game ID and others dont? Character deleted? Ignored in the past? I tried to add a friend recently and his name wasnt in the search engine. I typed it manually with an @ but he never got my invite. Same with the mail. I wrote his name correctly and didnt get an error message like character not found or that I cannot write to him. Someone knows how the player database works?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The @yakidafi would be my account name. The other is the character name, you can add with both. Just make sure you know which is which, cause if you write @yakidafi-character-name then it will not find, but if you do without the @ it will. Why you could not add with or without I do not know. Maybe server latency occurred and it got lost?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is that the "search engine" as you call it - I suppose you're referring to the auto-complete function in edit boxes where you enter player/account names? - is not 100% reliable. I've had it happen numerous times that it would not find the name I've partially entered, despite my being certain that the name exists and is correct.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh if it is the auto complete function, then it only work on players you already know, like on your friends list or in the guild. Other then that you would have to type the whole name, do not think it work on players in your group.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA