Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Totally original - "good time to come back to le game?" post

Tizerak
Tizerak
✭✭✭
Thought about trying the game again, been about a year. Worried about it though since looking through websites I used to use, like Tamriel Foundry, don't even have the warden class added after 6-7 months.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    welcome back
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! While everyone has their own opinion I think the game has been going in a good direction. Tamriel foundry builds were always pretty hit and miss, so if you want to find meta builds I recommend https://alcasthq.com/. Gearsets are more balanced than they have ever been, some are still trash but the difference between the good and the best is pretty small. Stam wardens are great in PVP, mag wardens are among the best healers in PVE, but the general consensus is that warden's are underperforming.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Welcome back! While everyone has their own opinion I think the game has been going in a good direction. Tamriel foundry builds were always pretty hit and miss, so if you want to find meta builds I recommend https://alcasthq.com/. Gearsets are more balanced than they have ever been, some are still trash but the difference between the good and the best is pretty small. Stam wardens are great in PVP, mag wardens are among the best healers in PVE, but the general consensus is that warden's are underperforming.

Yeah, I just started thinking "Is the game dead?" when I checked several websites and saw that there hasn't been any updates either with Morrowind/Warden info or any update in general in a year or more.

I'm also worried about Elitists. I don't know how many CP's I have, I think 170-ish but I remember quite a few parties getting kicked from or people leaving because someone wasn't 300+ CP or what have you.

Just seeing if the game is still alive and kicking; not sure what all has changed in a year besides Morrowind.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the ESO sites are dead or are not updated very often.
    For general information http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki is the only site that is updated regularly.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're coming out with a big update in a week that'll introduce new dungeons and a costume creation system. That starts Feb. 12.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the ESO sites are dead or are not updated very often.
    For general information http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki is the only site that is updated regularly.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online is also nicely updated with some accurate information that you can't find on fextralife.
    While I prefer fextralife sitemap, UESP is better than fextralife speaking about quests and numeric information and often has other informations that fextralife doesn't have.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game certainly is not dead, in fact many will argue that it seems to have even more players these days.

If you’re a pvp’er, then Cyrodiil is still a mess in terms of lag and loading screens. Other than that though, things are looking pretty good for the most part, and as some others mentioned, there is some new dlc releasing soon that includes two new dungeons and a (hopefully) awesome outfit system.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    The game certainly is not dead, in fact many will argue that it seems to have even more players these days.

If you’re a pvp’er, then Cyrodiil is still a mess in terms of lag and loading screens. Other than that though, things are looking pretty good for the most part, and as some others mentioned, there is some new dlc releasing soon that includes two new dungeons and a (hopefully) awesome outfit system.

Is the end game still just trials and VR dungeons?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tizerak wrote: »

In terms of PVE group content, yeah, mostly. There's been new dungeons and trials though since you left, and two new ones are about to be released with the Dragon Bones DLC.

I'd also consider things like crafting (especially master writs), farming and testing gear to be end game content too. :) And questing is fun at any level.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Tizerak wrote: »

In terms of PVE group content, yeah, mostly. There's been new dungeons and trials though since you left, and two new ones are about to be released with the Dragon Bones DLC.

I'd also consider things like crafting (especially master writs), farming and testing gear to be end game content too. :) And questing is fun at any level.

What are the master writs for? I remember the regular writs just being for xp and bags of loot usually.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    i have just come back after a long break .