The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Senche Mounts for non-Khajiit

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
For those of you who are uncomfortable with non-Khajiit riding Senche for lore reasons, I found an in-game source you might find of interest:

The Tale of Dro'Zira
But these Nord bards are (expletive removed) and do not sing of how the great Ash King rode Dro'Zira up the Red Mountain itself to strike at the heart of the Dunmer. Never is it mentioned how Dro'Zira pounced atop Dumalacath, the Dwarf-Orc, when he had his blade to the throat of the Ash King so that he could not speak.

There's also a chapter or so in the Keyes books wherein two of the (non-Khajiit) characters are riding some of the mount-sized Khajiit (Infernal City I believe).
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    RP wise, my argonian and senche were slaves and escaped together. The senche was born in servantude, and all he knew about his culture was from captured khajiiti slaves. So, he didn't have reason to try to reculture himself, and stayed with my argonian. I think the "no non-khajiit" riders is a generalization of the senche as a whole but just like today, you always have someone do something different.

POTC Barbosa: "The Code, is more guidelines than actual rules."
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try to keep to certain themes with my characters.

Humans - Horses
    Altmer - Horses,
    Argonians - Guar
    Dunmer - Guar, Kagouti, Nix-Ox
    Orsimer - Bears, Direwolves (I refuse to believe that Humans tamed these animals for mounts)
    Bosmer - Senches, Direwolves, Elk
    Khajiit - Senches

Beyond that depending on the character and their backstory they may use Atronach (Mage Character) or Wild Hunt (Tree Witch Character) mounts on occasion.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to search for it, but I thought I had recalled someone saying the senche mounts are not one of the breeds of sentient Khajiit...
    OFFICIAL ANSWER: Moon Bishop Hulan says, “Many hairless ones are confused by the term ‘senche,’ since we Khajiit use it to mean a variety of things. It is used as ‘senche’ and ‘senche-raht’ to refer to two of the seventeen distinct furstocks, or ‘breeds,’ of Khajiit. The senche-raht, in fact, are the largest of us! But we also use the term ‘senche-tiger’ to refer to our more catlike cousins of lesser sentience. Indeed, depending upon the appearance of these cousins, we might even call them ‘senche-leopards’ or ‘senche-panthers.’ So you see that the term ‘senche’ is very flexible indeed, as changeable as the Moons.”

Source here.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    I had to search for it, but I thought I had recalled someone saying the senche mounts are not one of the breeds of sentient Khajiit...
    OFFICIAL ANSWER: Moon Bishop Hulan says, “Many hairless ones are confused by the term ‘senche,’ since we Khajiit use it to mean a variety of things. It is used as ‘senche’ and ‘senche-raht’ to refer to two of the seventeen distinct furstocks, or ‘breeds,’ of Khajiit. The senche-raht, in fact, are the largest of us! But we also use the term ‘senche-tiger’ to refer to our more catlike cousins of lesser sentience. Indeed, depending upon the appearance of these cousins, we might even call them ‘senche-leopards’ or ‘senche-panthers.’ So you see that the term ‘senche’ is very flexible indeed, as changeable as the Moons.”

Source here.

Well, it does say 'cousins'. Not to create a religious debate but if you go by evolution standards, apes are our cousins. We don't call them human, but we're still related. Sooo...?
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    Number_51 wrote: »

Source here.

Well, it does say 'cousins'. Not to create a religious debate but if you go by evolution standards, apes are our cousins. We don't call them human, but we're still related. Sooo...?

Your analogy is a good one, and no, we don't call apes human, but I have seen humans (or at the very least ancestral humans) referred to as apes or ape-like. The word human, at least to me, is more or less the species (H Sapiens) which is much more specific. We share the same kingdom, phylum, class, order, and family as many other primates and I've always loosely associated "ape" with the order of primates.

Not that this is necessarily relevant but maybe senche is just the Ta'agra word for "cat". We broadly and informally classify anything from the wild big cats to domesticated pets as "cats".
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »

We don't call them human in english but for example, in dutch "Mensaap" (a contraction of "mens" = human and "aap" = ape) is often used for gibbons and hominidae, and I believe similar words exist in some other european languages. And as Number_51 pointed out, the family is actually called the primates which is used for all types of humans (including the extinct ones), apes and lemurs.