The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Keep ownership exploit in Cyrodiil

WaltherCarraway
WaltherCarraway
✭✭✭✭✭
A reproducible exploit can let someone in a specific guild to claim a keep forever, leaving no chance for others to claim that keep again even after the ownership change (Prompt says [Keepname] is already claimed by another guild in your alliance). Please fix that as soon as possible.

The following keeps are affected:

Kingscrest Keep
Farragut Keep
Arrius Keep
Chalman Keep
Drakelowe Keep
Fort Dragonclaw
and Bleaker Outpost
Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this something new? I know KC on NA has been BoD for a year or so, but I thought that was the only one.
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per Code of Conduct section 8:

Promote, upload, transmit, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or Virtual Currency or virtual items. In an effort to continuously improve the Services, You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax;
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Is this something new? I know KC on NA has been BoD for a year or so, but I thought that was the only one.

Someone used it on Drakelowe and Arrius since last campaign. The rest are exploited recently.

No, it's nothing new but such method has been propagated within a small amount of people in order to claim EP keeps and unleash their ego after creating some salty guilds.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on November 5, 2017 5:33AM
    Options
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot Glademist :trollface: although I like it's claim!
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just that ancient bug where a keep can't lose the guild ownership when the GM is offline.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378885/keeps-with-semi-permanent-claims-make-some-gold#latest

Crown's playing pokemon with eso keeps. The names are fantastic so far on pc/na
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been around for a LONG TIME.

Its just another small piece of evidence to let you know where pvp players sit on the food chain for ESO. I'm betting most of you cant even name the pvp dev. Learn the names of these developers and as your gaming lives progress should you see those names appear on the future games credits, beware.
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug has been around since the dawn of time but only got serious when they stopped resetting the map after a campaign ended. It's done by claiming a keep and making sure you're offline when whatever keep you claimed flips to a different alliance. Only way to forcibly fix it without the members of the guild being online currently is to make sure a keep is owned by a faction other than the that which the claim belongs to when the servers go down for maintenance, its why you more often see the two main home keeps with troll claims than others because they're generally the most quickly reclaimed.
    Edited by vortexman11 on November 5, 2017 6:18PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • GrimJaw
    GrimJaw
    ✭✭✭
    This bug has been around since the dawn of time but only got serious when they stopped resetting the map after a campaign ended. It's done by claiming a keep and making sure you're offline when whatever keep you claimed flips to a different alliance. Only way to forcibly fix it without the members of the guild being online currently is to make sure a keep is owned by a faction other than the that which the claim belongs to when the servers go down for maintenance, its why you more often see the two main home keeps with troll claims than others because they're generally the most quickly reclaimed.

Vortexman's sleepy keep of silence
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Nikel!

It's been claimed by Flood of Bladderfail for a long, long time.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think it's an exploit. I think it's game being confused. I must say several times it happened to me, for example I'm orange. Sometimes even though, I usually make my keeps EP since I hardly go AD.

But if keep turned AD, even though keep originally was made red. Since I'm orange, keep will think that I was on AD but I wasn't. Hence my guild name would've stayed no matter if it switch EP or AD.

I usually keep an eye on the Keep that I claimed and when Keep change. Most of time I'm unable to watch since I'm offline. Most of the time game erases guild name after it changed.

But like I said at times game wouldn't clear name if keep was changed. Hence now I look when keep change and if keep didn't change and my guild name when AD keep. Even when I on EP and since I'm orange.

I manually have to release keep name so someone from AD can claim the old keep that I once claimed from EP side. It’s kinda a pain at times, but it's an old glitch from original days. It's not and exploit since game is confused at times.

Edited For my thoughts: the more I think about the more I see the reason. As to why @ZOS added an option for guilds, to release ownership of keeps and such. I believe @ZOS couldn't fix this game error, hence release ownership was created. For this very purpose, hence I stand and lean even more that game is confused at times and not an exploit since it also an old bug.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler sorry to tag but what your thoughts on this to?
    Edited by Serjustin19 on November 6, 2017 4:21PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Promote, upload, transmit, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or Virtual Currency or virtual items. In an effort to continuously improve the Services, You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax;

Technically this thread isn't reporting it to Zos. It's a post in the forums built for players. No one from Zos was even tagged.

There is an in game system designed for reporting bugs and players, etc.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please take a look at this. Thank you.
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Technically this thread isn't reporting it to Zos. It's a post in the forums built for players. No one from Zos was even tagged.

There is an in game system designed for reporting bugs and players, etc.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please take a look at this. Thank you.

I also tagged another one, couldn't honestly remember whom does Cyrodiil things. I think and hope I got right game master. But it's good we both tagged 2 different Game Masters, I'm interested as well :) thank you.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't be a hack as we had same issue on Xbox Ales was claimed by a guild called Taylor Swift
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be a hack as we had same issue on Xbox Ales was claimed by a guild called Taylor Swift

Fans of Taylor Swift, must be; awesome :smiley:
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this something new?

No, this has been possible since (before) PC launch and should work on all platforms since it exploits normal game mechanics ...
    sad.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 6, 2017 11:39PM
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Is this something new?

No, this has been possible since (before) PC launch and should work on all platforms since it exploits normal game mechanics ...
    sad.gif

This is most I ever comment in one post. I guess I'm very interested in this topic. But I agree this has been going on since days of old. But I didn't realize or remember going that far.

Maybe because I took a break from PC requiring ESO+ to play. But If it has been going that long, in which I believe you. Why hasn't @ZOS fix this after so long, or is it because they are unable to?
    Options
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    A reproducible exploit can let someone in a specific guild to claim a keep forever, leaving no chance for others to claim that keep again even after the ownership change (Prompt says [Keepname] is already claimed by another guild in your alliance). Please fix that as soon as possible.

The following keeps are affected:

Kingscrest Keep
    Farragut Keep
    Arrius Keep
    Chalman Keep
    Drakelowe Keep
    Fort Dragonclaw
    and Bleaker Outpost

i rememeber some guilds are like more than year on this keeps and also some of them double keep which means they have keeps sometimes in two camps
    Options
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed several comments that discussed moderator action. This is a violation of our Community Rules and we ask that you refrain from making these comments in the future.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, Vivec campaign
    Farragut has been owned by the same guild for days now. On every color.
    Options