Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what style is this?

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
lSI1T7F.png

I'm pretty sure this is the altmer style. I found this by stealing, but can I recreate this? The end style crafting for altmer look slightly different from this. So idk if this kind of sword can only be found by stealing.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you find it? Ancient elf or Aldmeri maybe?
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure that's Altmer
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »

The hilt is different, it's probably the unreleased tier 5 models
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Caitsith wrote: »

The hilt is different, it's probably the unreleased tier 5 models

I figured it was something like that. I take it there is no or never has been any plan for them to include these models, other than finding them this way?
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hello JJBoomer,

You've definitely piqued our interest with this bit of mystery and we'd like to do some digging to find a definitive answer. Would it be possible for you to provide us with the exact name of the item, for further investigation?

Thanks, we hope to hear back from you soon!
    Staff Post
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hello JJBoomer,

You've definitely piqued our interest with this bit of mystery and we'd like to do some digging to find a definitive answer. Would it be possible for you to provide us with the exact name of the item, for further investigation?

hey cool!

well, i do know that i found and stole this item while i was in Auridon, in one of the shops there.

This item was called “Iron Sword of Shock” when i found it, and this is what it looked like. it was of green quality. unfortunately thats all there was. Not sure that’s enough for you to go on lol.

if this is indeed an unreleased tier of weapon models, all i cansay is that its really sweet looking and would be awesome to recreate.
    Edited by JJBoomer on January 31, 2018 8:23PM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the stealable stuff that is lying around is of a tier 5 style of that motif that we cannot craft i am afraid. A lot of it looks really nice. Would be nice to have them unlocked for the Outfit System (eg by deconning that gear lying around etc)
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like an elven sword from Skyrim lol
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hello JJBoomer,

hey cool!

well, i do know that i found and stole this item while i was in Auridon, in one of the shops there.

This item was called “Iron Sword of Shock” when i found it, and this is what it looked like. it was of green quality. unfortunately thats all there was. Not sure that’s enough for you to go on lol.

if this is indeed an unreleased tier of weapon models, all i cansay is that its really sweet looking and would be awesome to recreate.

Yup there are a few of those tier of weapons floating around, I found the NORD 2handed one the other day and it looks so smexy
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Holden

I was able to find another one! And to be more specific, they are spawning in Brightsteel Armory in Auridon. I took a screenshot of the tooltip. It's nothing special though, but it's definitely the same sword I posted in the OP. With the better hilt and protrusions from the blade.

aJgVhcS.png
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    LMar wrote: »
    A lot of the stealable stuff that is lying around is of a tier 5 style of that motif that we cannot craft i am afraid. A lot of it looks really nice. Would be nice to have them unlocked for the Outfit System (eg by deconning that gear lying around etc)

Thanks, LMar. You're exactly right! That sword is of the High Elf style, though it's not something you can craft or obtain from drops at this time.

With that being said, it's always possible that it could be introduced in the future!
    Edited by ZOS_Chris on February 2, 2018 5:26PM
    Staff Post
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sword looks beautiful. I’d love to have it, even if I had absolutely no practical use(s) for it. Where did you find it, if you don’t mind me asking? Was it a reward? Or did you loot it? I’m extremely interested in obtaining a copy of it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Holden

I was able to find another one! And to be more specific, they are spawning in Brightsteel Armory in Auridon. I took a screenshot of the tooltip. It's nothing special though, but it's definitely the same sword I posted in the OP. With the better hilt and protrusions from the blade.

aJgVhcS.png

wait, I am not sure if you are trolling, or if you just did not look to the upper left corner of that screenshot, there is is saying "High Elf", that is the name of the motif of that sword, so it is Altmer - High Elf style
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_Holden

aJgVhcS.png

wait, I am not sure if you are trolling, or if you just did not look to the upper left corner of that screenshot, there is is saying "High Elf", that is the name of the motif of that sword, so it is Altmer - High Elf style

Not trolling, I didn't know what else to call it, other than style. But what I meant was like, what level or "tier" of the motif it was, because the end tier obtainable (rubidite) in game looked like a step down from this one. I just suck at terminology.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »

Thanks, LMar. You're exactly right! That sword is of the High Elf style, though it's not something you can craft or obtain from drops at this time.

With that being said, it's always possible that it could be introduced in the future!

Which mean, "coming soon to a Crown Store near you!"
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trolling, I didn't know what else to call it, other than style. But what I meant was like, what level or "tier" of the motif it was, because the end tier obtainable (rubidite) in game looked like a step down from this one. I just suck at terminology.

The basic racial motifs have 5 visual tiers. Iron is (normally) tier 1, Steel is tier 2, orichalic is tier 3, and dwarven is tier 4. After that, everything maintains the tier 4 style, only the colors change.

Except, there is actually a fifth visual tier for all of those motifs. Both for weapons and armor. This is unavailable to the player, though you'll sometimes run across an example on an NPC or elsewhere. Master weapons (from completing vDSA or as a possible PvP campaign reward) use tier 5 visuals. Additionally, you'll sometimes find tier 5 items on racks or discarded as part of a tableau. Originally, these couln't be looted, once those were opened up to looting, they retain their visuals when you pick them up. So there are a handful of places in game where you can nab items with T5 visuals, but they'll almost always be inferior to gear you're already using (not counting the Master weapons.)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Holden

aJgVhcS.png

aha, yes, every level material has its own color, so then also the weapon yes. but I am not sure which one ist that? my guess would be to look at the color of the raw materials and find the same or similar color there, could be that.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Holden

aJgVhcS.png

aha, yes, every level material has its own color, so then also the weapon yes. but I am not sure which one ist that? my guess would be to look at the color of the raw materials and find the same or similar color there, could be that.

So, two things that affect weapon color, the material and the quality. (There's also a few, rare, exceptions like Asylum Weapons that follow their own color schemes.)

Your material will affect the blade color. Your quality will affect your hilt and any other aesthetics. Like most armor, weapons have 3 channels. The first one is your material, the second and third are your quality.

Your motif tier is, usually, associated with your material, but that caps out at dwemer for the basic racial motifs, 3 for some of the early rare motifs (including Dwemer and Akaviri), (though Ancient Elf only has two tiers, I think.) Any motif added to the game after the Dwemer stuff will only have a single motif tier regardless of level, and there are no armor tiers for any non-racial motif (with the singular exception of Soul Shriven sashes, which may be a bug.)
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't taunt us like that man, the PTS had the 5th tier of styles for the daggers (and oddly only the daggers) for one cycle before it got patched out.

Also, @starkerealm , ancient elf, primal, and daedric each have 3 styles for the weapons (I wish the armors had 3 styles too though).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't taunt us like that man, the PTS had the 5th tier of styles for the daggers (and oddly only the daggers) for one cycle before it got patched out.

Also, @starkerealm , ancient elf, primal, and daedric each have 3 styles for the weapons (I wish the armors had 3 styles too though).

@SilverIce58, I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Ancient Elf (at least the Daggers and Swords) is a weird exception, with only two variants. Primal, Daedric, Barbaric, Dwarven, and Akaviri all have three variants of each weapon.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry, the taunt is only 15sec and is on a 24hr cool-down.

Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter