Why are certain items removed from the Crown Store?

drkfrontiers
drkfrontiers
✭✭✭✭✭
So many nice things removed.

Do they make a reappearance in the future?

Sometimes I do not have sufficient crowns for an item, but next month I do. But sadly, ... sometimes... the items no longer available.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will be in crown crates.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, they pull content to add to the crown crates. As if they don't have enough content that is only introduced in the crates.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think part of the reason is to entice people to buy them before they can't get them anymore. It's an old sales tactic.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »
    I think part of the reason is to entice people to buy them before they can't get them anymore. It's an old sales tactic.

Normally that would be so very true along with maybe they're just not selling very well, but as mentioned above, it's so they can further pad out the CC's.
    Options
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cycle of artificial scarcity and the various promotions attendant to it (limited time! now available! sale! new fall fashions!) are part of normal retail activity, especially in MMOs and other online games.

They do it because it works. Tossing old, already paid for assets into crown crates is just a bonus.
    Edited by pauli133 on February 3, 2018 3:13PM
    Options
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because if you're only using your monthly crowns to buy things and there's something you want that's going to be out of the store soon, you're forced to buy extra crowns for that item early before its taken down.
    Options