The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily crafting writs rewards

kivaann
kivaann
Are daily writs rewards based on crafting level, or just random? Especially the chance for master writs and rare items?

Best Answers

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master writs can ONLY drop from max level writs - ie if you have spent skillpoints in your crafting passives so that you can craft with the highest tier of materials

Surveys can drop from lower level writs.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Answer ✓
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surveys seem to drop at the same rate no matter which level you complete the writs at, but you get better repair kits and a higher chance at the gold crafting mats if you complete higher level writs.
    Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surveys seem to drop at the same rate no matter which level you complete the writs at, but you get better repair kits and a higher chance at the gold crafting mats if you complete higher level writs.
    Note that you can farm surveys doing level 1 crafting quests on alts.
    Then your max level crafter use them he will just get max level mats.
    This has a benefits, an level one crafter will always get the lowest level materials and it tend to be enough to do the next writ.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    MaDGaR wrote: »
    This topic makes me raise a few questions. Does this mean, provisioner level 50 max out everything will have a chance to get a purple or higher recipe? I been doing daily writs for a month or two now. I am only getting Greens on my alts that do not have the skill points to put in crafting yet even get recipes from the vendor for sell. My question is can you get good recipes is just a low chance? my primary reason to do this with my 8/8 characters will be buying more soonish. is to do writs and to train speed on mounts ASAP for my alts. when I get ready to play level them one by one. I plan on making them max everything. Because I want my characters at full potiental to have the writs and speed on mounts already is just a plus. also 8x6x30x600g is what a month? 870k gold a month. That I do not have.

My max level Provisioners tend to a lot of Markuth Mead and other such green recipes with a good amount of purple ingredients. I have never seen a gold drop on Provision Dailies. It's a bit frustrating that my lower skill level Provisioner's get better recipe drops. I have 12 characters that I do the Craft Dailies with every day.

For provisioning, you will only get the recipes for the level of writ you are doing. So, if you're doing Tier 1 provisioning writs, you will only ever get green or blue recipes, since there are no purple recipes until level 20, which is Tier 2. The problem with the top tier writs, is that you get both CP 100 and CP 150 recipes, so it's a larger pool than the previous tiers (barring Tier 1, which has Level 1, 5, 10, and 15 recipes).

There isn't anything as far as I know that will improve the chances of getting a purple recipe. But, you do have a greater chance of Psijic Ambrosia pages the higher the level of provisioning writ you're doing. I have, on very rare occasions, gotten a page from a Tier one writ, but most often, I will get them from top tier writs. I'm not sure if the chance for purple ingredients increases as the writ level increases, as I feel like I get purple ingredients fairly often from low-level writs. I admit, I don't really pay attention when I get the purple ingredients, since I have plenty and I have the craft bag.
    Answer ✓
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As i have watched my six crafter go thru top tier of all three each day - the gradual accumulation of the tier-below seems equal enough to be within normal variances.

mostly i do top tier or tier 1 now since the surveys work fine regardless and now that they all turn in at same place its ridiculously easy to keep sustained that way.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Answer ✓
  • MaDGaR
    MaDGaR
    ✭✭
    This topic makes me raise a few questions. Does this mean, provisioner level 50 max out everything will have a chance to get a purple or higher recipe? I been doing daily writs for a month or two now. I am only getting Greens on my alts that do not have the skill points to put in crafting yet even get recipes from the vendor for sell. My question is can you get good recipes is just a low chance? my primary reason to do this with my 8/8 characters will be buying more soonish. is to do writs and to train speed on mounts ASAP for my alts. when I get ready to play level them one by one. I plan on making them max everything. Because I want my characters at full potiental to have the writs and speed on mounts already is just a plus. also 8x6x30x600g is what a month? 870k gold a month. That I do not have.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My max level Provisioners tend to a lot of Markuth Mead and other such green recipes with a good amount of purple ingredients. I have never seen a gold drop on Provision Dailies. It's a bit frustrating that my lower skill level Provisioner's get better recipe drops. I have 12 characters that I do the Craft Dailies with every day.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic makes me raise a few questions. Does this mean, provisioner level 50 max out everything will have a chance to get a purple or higher recipe?

I have low level mules doing lower level provisioning writs (Tier 2 to Tier 5) and they all get Purple Recipes

Tier 6 Purple recipes from Writs seem to be really rare, I rarely get them as a drop.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a bit confused by the material shipments. Are these supposed to be mostly the lowest-level stuff, or random levels below the writ level, or what? It doesn't seem to be a straight lowest-level only, (unless the writ is tier 1 or 2 and that's the only option to pick from) as I have had intermediate mats on occasion. Is there a known formula for the chances?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I'm still a bit confused by the material shipments. Are these supposed to be mostly the lowest-level stuff, or random levels below the writ level, or what? It doesn't seem to be a straight lowest-level only, (unless the writ is tier 1 or 2 and that's the only option to pick from) as I have had intermediate mats on occasion. Is there a known formula for the chances?

I have not seen, or personally tracked, any propensity to get the lowest (iron, rawhide, jute, maple) resources over mid-tier ones when doing max-level writs. There are some (galatite for example)that I seem to rarely see, but I honestly don't really pay attention to which resource boxes I get. I just open and store as fast as I can and move on towards whatever else I have planned to do. I have well over 1k of all crafting materials, so I don't worry about any discrepancy for writ reward shipments.

There have been some die-hard crafters that have tracked things like this in the past. @STEVIL comes to mind as someone who might weigh in and have data if the RNG is skewed towards the lower tier materials as crafting rewards shipments or not.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »

I have not seen, or personally tracked, any propensity to get the lowest (iron, rawhide, jute, maple) resources over mid-tier ones when doing max-level writs. There are some (galatite for example)that I seem to rarely see, but I honestly don't really pay attention to which resource boxes I get. I just open and store as fast as I can and move on towards whatever else I have planned to do. I have well over 1k of all crafting materials, so I don't worry about any discrepancy for writ reward shipments.

There have been some die-hard crafters that have tracked things like this in the past. @STEVIL comes to mind as someone who might weigh in and have data if the RNG is skewed towards the lower tier materials as crafting rewards shipments or not.
    They are random with equal chances per tier. Awhile ago i moved all low level mats from max level crafters to low level crafters, leaving 1k of each into craft bag. I did the same later after few months and noted that during that time the inventories had gained roughly equal amount for tiers 2..9 . Tier 1 might as well have gained the same amount, but i had used the mats for traits etc.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone