The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you think that motifs (including dlc motifs) should be buyable with writs?

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
Simple thing: to make master writ vouchers tradeable for various motifs.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why, i'm not saying that they shouldn't but i don't see a good reason why they should?
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulo wrote: »
    Why, i'm not saying that they shouldn't but i don't see a good reason why they should?

Certain motifs have such low drops that you can go months without ever seeing them in guild traders.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I like the current system where a few select motifs are available for vouchers (Ebony; Glass is coming soon).

But if all were available through vouchers then no one would do game content any more.

Master crafters need more variety of rewards for vouchers ... that’s certain.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I like the current system where a few select motifs are available for vouchers (Ebony; Glass is coming soon).

But if all were available through vouchers then no one would do game content any more.

Master crafters need more variety of rewards for vouchers ... that’s certain.

But which "few select"?

I hate the way that glass has been undermined with successive "initiatives", the latest being sold in the crown store - while glass fragments were given as a "reward" in writs (though after collecting 10 you still had to buy the glue, and then play the RNG because you never knew what you were going to get).

I'm missing some odd pages here and there. I know it's my fault, but I have no desire to go and farm for a specific motif page... I'm working on getting all the Clockwork City ones before the next DLC comes out!

But then I wouldn't want to see complete books available for vouchers...

Maybe something like transmutation - hand in a page and some vouchers and get the page you need from the same motif.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole rarity of some motif's like Buoyant Armiger put's my knickers in a twist as a crafter.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole rarity of some motif's like Buoyant Armiger put's my knickers in a twist as a crafter.

Def that as a major contributor as well.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could see them adding new motifs to the writ vendor in the future, but I'm not sure which of the current ones could/should be added. I guess ones like BA or others that drop from chests, but I can't see them putting in the ones that drop from dungeons/trials or the ones purchasable with AP.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a way to get motifs besides grinding for weeks, only to get a page you already know, and writs sound like a good idea to me.

If you don't get a motif right when it launches, after a while not enough people are farming it to find in guild stores, and ZOS will lower the drop rate. Try running dailies for Draugr now... I have gone literally a month running 6 dailies every day and not one single page drop. Same with Minotaur and Order of the Hour (but only run 4 dailies for Gold Coast). That is a ridiculous amount of grind, and it's rare to find pages at a guild trader.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a way to get motifs besides grinding for weeks, only to get a page you already know, and writs sound like a good idea to me.

If you don't get a motif right when it launches, after a while not enough people are farming it to find in guild stores, and ZOS will lower the drop rate. Try running dailies for Draugr now... I have gone literally a month running 6 dailies every day and not one single page drop. Same with Minotaur and Order of the Hour (but only run 4 dailies for Gold Coast). That is a ridiculous amount of grind, and it's rare to find pages at a guild trader.

Almost a year and doing the dailies constantly and still don't have it all.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)