The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Y do craffing writs at max skill and lvl?

Catamountlite
I am currently 50+ and the crafting skills I want are all max level. I do not have access to master writs. Not sure how to get these. However I have been doing normal writs and the rewards don't seem to fit the effort and resources I put into it. Am I missing something? Why do normal writs? How do I trigger the master crafting wirts?
Many sub 50 characters
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have a chance to get a master writ from max level normal writs. That chance increases with trait and motif knowledge, if I remember correctly.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold, surveys, mat rewards kinda do make up for the mats spent for the writ. Master writs are rng rewards for doing normal writs.
  • Catamountlite
    Ok I C
    Many sub 50 characters
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing i do every day..........in game.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I personally find it easier. All my toons either do writs at the highest tier or the lowest, except a couple that do prov writs at a level in between. Keeps it simple. No hunting around for beech or flax or whatever.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    You have a chance to get a master writ from max level normal writs. That chance increases with trait and motif knowledge, if I remember correctly.

What about provisioning
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

What about provisioning

I believe provisioning writs will have an increased drop for master writs with the more recipes you know. The rarer the better. I hardly ever get provisioning master writs however and I have only ever gotten them from doing the top tier provisioning writ.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

What about provisioning

I believe provisioning writs will have an increased drop for master writs with the more recipes you know. The rarer the better. I hardly ever get provisioning master writs however and I have only ever gotten them from doing the top tier provisioning writ.

I maxed our provisioning amd get green recipes from doing writs so I don't know if that's normal and the recipes it wants me to make are cp 90-140
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I maxed our provisioning amd get green recipes from doing writs so I don't know if that's normal and the recipes it wants me to make are cp 90-140

There are 6 Tiers of Provisioning Writs. Tier 6 asks for both CP90 to CP140 and CP150 Recipes. Only writs that ask for CP150 recipes have a chance to reward a Master Provisioning Writ.
    However I have been doing normal writs and the rewards don't seem to fit the effort and resources I put into it. Am I missing something? Why do normal writs? How do I trigger the master crafting wirts?

Consumable Writs (Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting are a net gain in materials over time, you get out more than you put in. Well, enchanting is kind of break even, but they are good source of Kuta Aspects.

Gear writs for armor and weapons are a net loss in materials, but are a good source for Gold Tempers and you also get Ornate items to sell and Intricate items to decon or sell. Use the intricate to level alts in crafting by deconning on the alts.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

What about provisioning

when you are new to crafting it does seem like it takes a lot of work for little reward. but once you have been playing for a few months you have every recorce you need for writs 100 x over so they just take 10 min everyday (less with the addon) and you get master writs/ gold materials)

so worst case stop for a couple months and just loot everything and then start doing them again and its much better
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chances of getting tempers are much lower for low tier writs and 0 for getting master writs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Provisioning master writs are incredibly rare for me. I've pulled in a few hundred vouchers over the last few months, one crafter only, primarily low value alchemy and enchanting writs. I've found all of 1 provisioning writ in that time.