The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Is Selena in coldharbour?

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
I thought she said something about coldharbour, would be pretty cool if I can do quest for her again
Edited by Sawzallz on January 25, 2018 6:50PM

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selena?

If you mean Selene from Selene's Web, no she does not reappear in the game outside of her dungeon.

Unfortunately. I wanted the option to side with her against that jerk mage.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 26, 2018 1:13AM
    Answer ✓
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selena?

If you mean Selene from Selene's Web, no she does not reappear in the game outside of her dungeon.

I think OP is talking about Serana's mother, from the Dawnguard DLC of Skyrim.

No Selena (if that's her name) does not appear in ESO. It is possible that she hasn't been born yet. Also I think what we saw in Skyrim was the Soulcairn which is not the same as Coldharbour (if I got my lore right).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    if we're talking about Serana, she's in Skyrim during ESO. she knew about the Dwemer but not their disappearance, and either didn't know about the Empire or maybe just its first collapse (i can't remember). both of these indicate that she was sealed up during the First Era or earlier.

i don't understand how Valerica came up, but i don't think we know for sure that she stayed put in the Soul Cairn during all those eras. that's question marks to me.

Selene was already answered for.

the only Selena i found is at Bruma's Mages Guild at the end of the 3rd Era. she's an imperial (so naturally "short" lifespan) and a dedicated alchemist, which doesn't generally lend itself to the "powerful mage" thing that extends the lives of many. she also dies pretty easily, and doesn't speak with the vast reservoir of confidence usually found among the very long-lived. i strongly doubt she was alive during 2E.

there's also a Selina, but we never met her. she's some soldier's wife during the Red Year.

Valerica stayed put in the Soul Cairn. There's this dragon Durnehviir who's guarding her because of his bargain with the Ideal Masters, apparently since before Alduin was banished, in accordance with Serana being imprisoned before the 1st Cyrodiil Empire, as she hinted when she first wakes up. So Valerica can't leave the SoulCairn because the Ideal Masters have set the keepers to kill her and Durnehviir as well, hence why she needs the Dragonborn to kill the Keepers and Durnehviir.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Valerica
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Durnehviir

According to Durnehviir's dialogue:
    "How did you end up in the Soul Cairn? "There was a time when I called Tamriel my home. But those days have long since passed. The dovah roamed the skies, vying for their small slices of territory that resulted in immense and ultimately fatal battles."
    Were you a part of all that? "I was. But unlike some of my brethren, I sought solutions outside the norm in order to maintain my superiority. I began to explore what the dovah call "Alok-Dilon," the ancient forbidden art that you call necromancy."
    So you sought the Soul Cairn for answers. "The Ideal Masters assured me that my powers would be unmatched, that I could raise legions of the undead. In return, I was to serve them as a Keeper until the death of the one who calls herself Valerica."

So to answer the OP's question for whichever NPC we are talking about:
    No, Selene the Shapeshifter from Selene's Web does not reappear in ESO outside of her dungeon. She does reappear in TES I: Arena as a dungeon where the Eternal Champion must gain her heart for a Queen in order to get to teh piece of the Staff of Chaos in Valenwood.
    No, Serana nor Valerica appear in ESO. Serana is locked in Dimhollow Crypt and Valerica is in the Soul Cairn according to the dialogue in Skryim: Dawnguard.
    Answer ✓
  • Damien_Uvirith
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Also I think what we saw in Skyrim was the Soulcairn which is not the same as Coldharbour (if I got my lore right).

Correct, they are different. Coldharbour is Molag Bal's realm of Oblivion (specifically). The Soul Cairn is supposedly a realm of Oblivion, were souls trapped in black soul gems wind up and serve the Ideal Masters.

However I don't understand why every single person soul trapped in ESO wound up in Coldharbour, rather than the Soul Cairn. So maybe it didn't exist yet, maybe Necromancers (Or just Mannimarco) can influence where souls end up. Or maybe it was just Molag Bal's direct influence that prevented them from going to the Soul Cairn and be used instead for the planemeld.

But to the OP's question, pretty sure she hasn't been born yet.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Selena?

I think OP is talking about Serana's mother, from the Dawnguard DLC of Skyrim.

No Selena (if that's her name) does not appear in ESO. It is possible that she hasn't been born yet. Also I think what we saw in Skyrim was the Soulcairn which is not the same as Coldharbour (if I got my lore right).

Serana's mother is Valerica.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone in her family Alive or meet able on eso?
    Edited by Sawzallz on January 26, 2018 5:20PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harkon and friends are presumably living in Castle Volkihar, but western Skyrim isn't on the map (nor do they roll out the red carpet for visitors).

The "something about Coldharbour" you heard is probably her referring to herself and her mother as "daughters of Coldharbour", a name given to vampires who Molag Bal directly turned. The process is... unpleasant.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    However I don't understand why every single person soul trapped in ESO wound up in Coldharbour, rather than the Soul Cairn. So maybe it didn't exist yet, maybe Necromancers (Or just Mannimarco) can influence where souls end up. Or maybe it was just Molag Bal's direct influence that prevented them from going to the Soul Cairn and be used instead for the planemeld.

It exists. Likely it was something Molag Bal did, because Mannimarco was confused about it too:
    I pored over the scriptures given unto me by the Master to determine the nature of the Soul Shriven, for their very existence seemed in defiance of the accepted theory that all stolen souls travel not to Coldharbour, but to Soul Cairn. Nevertheless, in the confluence of events that followed foolish Varen's bid for Divine investiture, it seemed that all souls taken from that moment forward went not to Soul Cairn, but to Molag Bal's own clutches.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we're talking about Serana, she's in Skyrim during ESO. she knew about the Dwemer but not their disappearance, and either didn't know about the Empire or maybe just its first collapse (i can't remember). both of these indicate that she was sealed up during the First Era or earlier.

i don't understand how Valerica came up, but i don't think we know for sure that she stayed put in the Soul Cairn during all those eras. that's question marks to me.

Selene was already answered for.

the only Selena i found is at Bruma's Mages Guild at the end of the 3rd Era. she's an imperial (so naturally "short" lifespan) and a dedicated alchemist, which doesn't generally lend itself to the "powerful mage" thing that extends the lives of many. she also dies pretty easily, and doesn't speak with the vast reservoir of confidence usually found among the very long-lived. i strongly doubt she was alive during 2E.

there's also a Selina, but we never met her. she's some soldier's wife during the Red Year.
    Edited by swippy on February 1, 2018 2:29PM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you! i thought i was assuming Valerica was trapped there; it's been a while and my resource failed me.

and you filled in more Selene; nice
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Damn I wanted to see her she's was the best companion in skyrim