The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Yea, I know. But Still Skyrim makes me hate Elderscroll online

timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
Stuff like this make me unhappy :/ - But in a mmorpg, stuff like this needs to be random spawn, and not the same, so it can be looked up on google. But thats also all there needs to be changed!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0OTcWTLbDw
FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
- Be Anyone.
- Do Anything.
- Go Anywhere.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what your post is trying to say exactly, but my guess is that it's "i wish this mechanic existed in ESO"

Youre looking at a single player game versus a multiplayer game, so there has to be major difference between the two just due to the nature of the games. Systems like that can obviously occur in a single player game because there aren't other players, and thus no player-based economy. If you could simply turn iron ore into Rubedite ore with a single spell, there would be an influx of extra resources into the economy and into the game thus driving the supply way up and crashing the value of Rubedite.

While yeah it was a cool system in skyrim, it wouldn't have a place in an online game like ESO. I mean maybe if it was gated behind a skill line so that you'd have to put in a lot of time to do use a spell like that? Because If you made it too easy, bots would get there hands on it and the cost of highlevel mats would crumble. I just dont think it has a place personally.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    Not sure what your post is trying to say exactly, but my guess is that it's "i wish this mechanic existed in ESO"

And yes i knwo its a singleplayer vs a multiplayer But that has nothing to do with a system like this -it has to do with, a lazy design choice

Youre looking at a single player game versus a multiplayer game, so there has to be major difference between the two just due to the nature of the games. Systems like that can obviously occur in a single player game because there aren't other players, and thus no player-based economy. If you could simply turn iron ore into Rubedite ore with a single spell, there would be an influx of extra resources into the economy and into the game thus driving the supply way up and crashing the value of Rubedite.

While yeah it was a cool system in skyrim, it wouldn't have a place in an online game like ESO. I mean maybe if it was gated behind a skill line so that you'd have to put in a lot of time to do use a spell like that? Because If you made it too easy, bots would get there hands on it and the cost of highlevel mats would crumble. I just dont think it has a place personally.

FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is baffling.
  • Szane
    Szane
    Soul Shriven
    Comparing single player game mechanics to a multiplayer game? Sure
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never knew this in Skyrim. :o
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Glockcoma725
      Glockcoma725
      ✭✭✭
      Somewhat unrelated, I always broke Skyrim's economy as soon as possible by taking followers into the ruins beneath markarth and smelting every piece of dwarven metal possible/smithing and selling improved cuirasses to every merchant in game. Fun times
      PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
      Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
      Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
      Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
      Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
      Azog the Defiler DD Warden
    • Jitterbug
      Jitterbug
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Wait... this isnt skyrim?
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's already easy to make gold in this game, nty
    • Asardes
      Asardes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Such a feature would actually be useful, since ZoS has decided to punish people who do the daily crafting writs with loads of useless low level materials that barely sell above vendor price in guild store because few people need them. I would implement such a feature as an enchanted furnace furnishing, purchasable with vouchers from Roris Hlaalu, that takes low level ingots, wood, cloth and leather and transforms them into higher level tier material at increasing rates.
      Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
      vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
      41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
      Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
      Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
      Valinor Overflow: Trader
      The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
      Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
      Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
      Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
      Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
      Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
      Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
      Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
      Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
      Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
      Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
      Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
      30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
      Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    • Varana
      Varana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I despise that spell in Skyrim with a passion.

Really, there's traders and craftsmen and rich and poor people and all the other things that try to create the illusion that that'd be an actual world with an actual economy. (Notice the "illusion" part.)

And then there comes that spell, just lying around - right next to the first main hub you come to - in a cave full of bandits who, for some reason, try to make a living with illegal activities, instead of picking up that book and start mining.

This Skyrim spell is effing ridiculous, and should be nuked into Oblivion. And there, tortured to death for eternity.

Nothing to do with ESO, though.
    • Ch4mpTW
      Ch4mpTW
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Skyrim has a myriad of benefits over ESO. Waterbreathing and the ability to go under water is 1 of them, as well as the ability to fight dragons and take residual damage from certain enemy encounters. For example, if you get into an encounter with the wrong type of wildlife? You could contract a disease, which could limit your stamina regeneration and ahat not. There are actual consequences to consider when going about certain encounters and journeys. ESO could learn a thing or too about immersion from Skyrim in that regards.
    • JamuThatsWho
      JamuThatsWho
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ch4mpTW wrote: »
      Skyrim has a myriad of benefits over ESO. Waterbreathing and the ability to go under water is 1 of them, as well as the ability to fight dragons and take residual damage from certain enemy encounters. For example, if you get into an encounter with the wrong type of wildlife? You could contract a disease, which could limit your stamina regeneration and ahat not. There are actual consequences to consider when going about certain encounters and journeys. ESO could learn a thing or too about immersion from Skyrim in that regards.

It's an MMO.
      @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
      Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
      Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
    • Yolokin_Swagonborn
      Yolokin_Swagonborn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This type of thing did exist at launch. It wasn't a good thing. ZOS also knew it existed and still launched. I should have see that behavior for the canary in the coal mine that it was.

There is a reason you still can't stack things in your guild bank.
    • Sergykid
      Sergykid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      this wasn't good even in Skyrim. Mana cost for 25x the gold from an item? Game-breaking feature.

and in ESO you can make much gold pretty easy, moreover you don't have what to spend it on. Anything in the game can be self-acquired (except maybe some grind things, like motifs).

if this was a poll would have voted no.
      -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    • LadyNalcarya
      LadyNalcarya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ...Its actually pretty easy to make gold in ESO.
      And you can already find a super rare mountain of gold in a form of Aetherial dust and Aedric Cipher. :) Or a less rare nirncrux stone.
      Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Trying to figure out what this post has to do with ESO ...
    • inespeloazul
      inespeloazul
      ✭✭✭
      Varana wrote: »
      I despise that spell in Skyrim with a passion.

Really, there's traders and craftsmen and rich and poor people and all the other things that try to create the illusion that that'd be an actual world with an actual economy. (Notice the "illusion" part.)

And then there comes that spell, just lying around - right next to the first main hub you come to - in a cave full of bandits who, for some reason, try to make a living with illegal activities, instead of picking up that book and start mining.

That's exactly what they were doing. If you didn't notice, they were inside an iron mine, and near where you find the spell, there are several samples of iron and a few of silver. The boss was trying to supplement the income they made poaching mammoths and waylaying travelers with transmuted gold.

Anyways, funny how someone would compare ESO to Skyrim when they're two very different kinds of games, yet when you compare Skyrim to its predecessors (games it should be compared to) it's the game that comes up short, especially with things like spell effects.
    • Varana
      Varana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      And still, they were holed up in a cave, instead of living their life in a luxurious mansion.
      Trying to insert a spell fundamentally breaking the economy, into a supposedly working economy, is an attempt doomed to fail from the start.

P.S. Not wanting to derail the thread, but Skyrim was better than Oblivion in every sense. :D
      Edited by Varana on February 1, 2018 12:00AM
    • Anotherone773
      Anotherone773
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Its really easy to make gold in this game as it is. Things that are awesome in a SP game are not usually a good idea in MMOs.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MMO doesn’t mean X and Y must happen like other server based RPG games.

This could exist, it all depends on the game engine and the server intent among other things ....you guys gotta play other games there a lot of possibilities outside of the rinse and repeats in different skins
      Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 1, 2018 12:26AM
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Transmuting Iron into gold is simple in ESO!

Pick up raw iron ore from the ground. Sell it to a merchant or on a guild store, or refine it and sell the results to a merchant or a guild store. Voila, gold! You don't even need a spell!

Actually, its even better than Skyrim. You aren't limited to iron ore/ingots. You can do it with ore, cloth, wood, insects, fish, flowers, mushrooms, runes, heck, practically anything in the game can be transmuted into gold. Shiny, clinky gold!

No skill at Alteration magic required.
    • klowdy1
      klowdy1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was thinking skyrim makes me hate TES. Such an overhyped game.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      klowdy1 wrote: »
      I was thinking skyrim makes me hate TES. Such an overhyped game.

I recently started playing Skyrim again and its held up very well for a game from 2011. Morrowind had better world-building, but Skyrim's leveling system is the most intuitive of the most recent 3 TES games.
      Edited by VaranisArano on February 1, 2018 1:08AM
    • Resfeber
      Resfeber
      ✭✭✭
      Why would this even be necessary? I wasn't even trying and had way way more gold than I knew what to do with in Skyrim with nothing to spend it on. Imo ESO is harder and even that isn't bad as long as you're actually making an effort.
      Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
      [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Cm7Myyz.png
    • Iccotak
      Iccotak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

It's an MMO.

Sure but there are certain aspects that would provide it more Immersion and could make it a better game.
      Its an MMO but it is still part of Elder Scrolls and they should take that into account when making content and improvements.
    • klowdy1
      klowdy1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Iccotak wrote: »

It's an MMO.

Sure but there are certain aspects that would provide it more Immersion and could make it a better game.
      Its an MMO but it is still part of Elder Scrolls and they should take that into account when making content and improvements.

It is also a different game set in TES world, which is why it isn't elder scrolls 6.
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      player.additem f (insert filthy rich number here) :trollface:

No but I really don't understand what you're getting at here as it pertains to ESO.

Edited by ArchMikem on February 1, 2018 11:40AM
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Motherball
      Motherball
      ✭✭✭✭
      I tried playing Skyrim again after months in ESO. Waste of time. The combat is so bad I cant even.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Motherball wrote: »
      I tried playing Skyrim again after months in ESO. Waste of time. The combat is so bad I cant even.

Unless you really missed how overpowered stealth archery is in Skyrim. Stealth Archers are lackluster in ESO compared to being able to clear an entire multi-level draugr ruin/falmer tomb from stealth in Skyrim.
      6vXDTsz.jpg