The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sickle Hocks on Horses = BAD

DessieLou
DessieLou
Soul Shriven
http://www.imeha.org/images/backside.gif
Each and every horse on ESO is in desperate need of veterinary care. Their hocks are so deformed as to render them unable to perform their duties as faithful and gallant mounts. As a veterinarian and a lover of all things equine, it is physically painful for me to look at these poor animals. Is there anyway you could cure this affliction, by redrawing them perhaps?
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    Horse trainer here. Let's not get too silly about video game mounts, kay? I mean one of them is made of frost. C'maaaaaaaaaaaahn.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

@Chakei the only thing i got from this is

THE VETERINARIAN HATH SPOKEN PLEB :lol:

But All jokes aside yeah i guess i never really looked at my horses legs to see if they are as goofy as this... and @DessieLou if you make me see something that can no longer be unseen and it starts to erk me i am going to be very upset and disappointed :cry:
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, complaining about the derpy cheesing the horses do is one thing, but this just flat out ridiculous.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was from jumping my horse off 100 foot cliffs too many times.
    Edited by Hookgrin on February 1, 2018 12:16AM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    save a horse, ride a senche.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like... A 15° difference, I wouldn't have even noticed without the pics
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actual horse here, I don't see any problems. Are you telling me my hocks aren't pretty if they look like the ones in ESO? Now I have body image self-esteem issues T_T
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this why my horse trips and slows on the slightest bump in the road?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    save a horse, ride a senche.

Yup. Or bear or wolf. Bears, senches, and wolves seem to have the best visuals when mounted and riding. Senches and wolves especially.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Horse-
    accountant
    here. I just wanted to remind you all it's time to file your wild oats forms for 2017 before the deadline arrives.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People have been telling ZOS these horses are embarrassingly awful from the beginning and they haven't done anything about them yet, so I'm thinking they just won't. They won't even close the dang mouths, that would be such a simple fix for much of the derp. I think that either they don't care that their horses are face-palm-worthy or the horses were designed by someone whose feelings they can't afford to hurt. The new horses are just as bad.

I notice that their dog conformation seems spot on. Maybe the horses were modeled by a dog breeder?
  • Cold91
    Cold91
    ✭✭✭
    speaking of horses in game, am I the only one who hates the new look as seen on the "Christmas" mare and the upcoming white-gold imperial horse? I definitely prefer the more muscular and toned style on the old horses. It makes them look like war chargers from old paintings and vase drawings.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are uncommonly fat, too. And getting fatter with each new model. The atronarch horses look like barrels on sticks.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    People have been telling ZOS these horses are embarrassingly awful from the beginning and they haven't done anything about them yet, so I'm thinking they just won't. They won't even close the dang mouths, that would be such a simple fix for much of the derp. I think that either they don't care that their horses are face-palm-worthy or the horses were designed by someone whose feelings they can't afford to hurt. The new horses are just as bad.
    They're doing all these fancy manes and tails now, and STILL won't close the freaking mouths. I just don't get it. :|
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ita the conformation on the horses in game is pretty bad. A primary reason why I don't care for them.
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are cute regardless of their awkward anatomy, I like things that are a little derpy. XD I am also amused by the way they suddenly kick their hind legs when they jump, it looks funny.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESOHorseKillMe.png
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people really notice this stuff? Been playing for years and they always felt and looked like real horses to me.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a game, you lemon.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see a horse being ridden I hear “heels down heels down!” Echos of riding instructors ringing in my head. I end up just running everywhere way easier for farming anyway.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks, those are TAMRIEL (or Nirn rather) horses! They can look different. I mean there are huge bugs which would collapse under their own weight on Earth, and those ridiculous moose-like things in Wrothgar with names nobody can spell and pronounce properly :p
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Well, now I‘m hungry.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they’d close the mouths. It always looks like the horse is gritting their teeth whilst thinking “If you so much as kick me I will throw you into a tree”
    And in regards to the sickle hocks, they’ve been a thing for a looonng time and they probably won’t get fixed. But hey, maybe there’s something coming for that in the future. Who knows.
    I know they’re bad but it is a game after all. And honestly, if anyone is that worried about their horses’ legs, just put them in your house and say they’re retired from duty.
    Edited by BladedMischief on February 1, 2018 2:15PM
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a Guar Dr in the house?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't earth. For all we know he gravity is different then on our world and the legs are "deformed" or "Evolved" like that to be able to move correctly. I mean we even have lizard people walking up straight with t|ts.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is the MOST URGENT problem ZOS should get fixed... Are you really serious??? :*
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no education on Animal anatomy, but I always did think the legs on Horses looked...wonky? Just odd. Now I guess I have a statement from a legit Vet to know I wasn't wrong.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That says a lot about the body weight of the average gamer, doesn't it? That sedentary lifestyle takes a toll even on their pixel made mounts ...
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The a models for horses have always, always bugged me, I spent the first few months playing this game screaming inside every time i went by a stable. I learned to live with it. Tamriel horse are atragedy, there's no hope for them. I've forced myself to ignore it.

What still gets a laugh out of me though is how stablehands groom horses against their coats.
    Edited by jssriot on February 1, 2018 12:42PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once youve ridden a cat you wont go back.