The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[GUIDE] How To Make 250k+ In Your First 30 Days Playing Casually

Anotherone773
Anotherone773
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The definition of casually for this post: Doing other things besides focusing on making money.

I made over 250k( that's what i had in cash after expenses) in my first 30 days while still obtaining level 50, leveling crafting professions, doing battlegrounds, dolemens, and quests, dungeons, fishing, and socializing.This was playing 3-4 hours a day every day. If you focus on making money, i see no reason why you cannot hit 750k in your first month playing 3-4 hours a day. Here is how i did over 250k while still partaking in everything the game has to offer(at low levels):

1) First you need ESO Plus for the crafting bag/double bank space. Not having it will hinder you (greatly).
2)Addons: You need HarvestMap, Awesomeguildstore, and Tameriel Trade Centre(TTC) addon and website
3) A sneaky toon is best. For example i used a wood elf nightblade.
4) By level 20 at the latest you want to be in a trading guild. You want enough stuff to warrant being in one. Most cost 5k to 10k a week but i got in a good one that was free( i sell 20-30 items every 24 hours in it and restock only once a day)
5) You will want to expand your inventory and bank space as needed I had 100 inventory and 160 bank space after a month.

So here is what you do after you have ESO Plus, addons, and a character made:

1) Play the game normally. Quest, explore, whatever. Loot/harvest everything. Newbie zones tend to have plentiful amounts of things to loot/ gather available making them a great place to farm.
2) Learn the lockpick minigame for chests and locked doors. Chests sometimes have worthwhile loot, but usually just blue or green gear. But picking the lock helps level ledgermain, which is important.
3) I deconstruct all gear that is not ornate that i am not using. I only kept and banked purple gear for future toons.
4) You want the skills that highlight resource nodes under the crafting skills. One point is enough in each. It will make finding resources much easier.
NOTE: Loot dungeons as well. I loot all mobs. You can loot containers as well but i recommend only snagging one or two as you run by them, so you dont annoy group members. I also loot after the dungeon is complete.

Phase Two: The money making part.

So now you got you a good stock of stuff, your in a trade guild and you made it out of the newbie zone. Now what?Time to hit the banker.

Note: I added all recipes, blueprints, motifs, etc to my collection first and sold doubles.

1) When you are ready to start selling load your inventory full of things you want to sell at the banker.
2) Open TTC website( i do this on my phone) and use the price check feature.
3)Check the price of your items and list them in the store. I usually go near the bottom of suggested list price. Fill the store with 30 items. Recipes, motifs, and crafting material sell the fastest.
4) Now its time to get your thieving on. You want to find a place with few to no guards. Buildings that are upper class such as noble houses, manors, castles, etc tend to drop better loot on average. While areas that are more poor such as docks, slums, etc tend to mostly drop ingredients and white gear.
5) While sneaking you want to steal valuables from containers. You are looking for valuables of the type "Treasure". These have set values: 40 for white, 100 for green, etc. You also want to steal recipes, patterns, motifs, etc. Anything you can launder for a profit later.
6) Once your inventory is full its time to head to the outlaw refuge and fence. Fence all your treasures, then swap to launder. Learn any patterns, recipes, motifs, etc first if you are going to learn these things. They don't need to be laundered to learn, just to sell. Launder everything that needs laundered and bank it to add to your store later.
7) Repeat this until you have maxed out what you can sell to the fence for the day. Make sure you max out both sell and launder everyday. I use provisioning ingredients to finish off my launder for the day. they are cheap and it takes very little time to steal 1xx ingredients. Its important you max this out everyday to level ledgermain. Higher ledgermain means better items spawn in containers which means more money.

Phase Three: Perfecting Your Profession

1) You will want to put skill points in relevant skills related to ledgermain, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and any other skill that helps you steal everything not nailed down without getting caught.
2) Use harvest map( You have been gathering resources haven't you?) to find the highest concentration of nodes of a type( or highest concentration of nodes in general) to maximize your farming.
3) Remember good spots for certain things( I write mine down). For example i have recipe/treasure spot i farm like no tomorrow when i don't feel like randomly stealing or exploring new spots. I have a place where i gather flour, cheese, meat, game, honey, etc. I have places where i gather certain alchemical ingredients. So when i'm looking to restock/sell something i can quickly obtain it.
4) Do the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quest lines early on. They will enhance your money making ability. They are accessible with ESO plus. NOTE: Mobs level with you. So you can go (almost)anywhere in this game from level 1 as long as you can physically get there.
5) Learn how to steal from places like banks, locked houses, and vendors( safeboxes).
6) Learn how to pickpocket and assassinate npcs. (Dont forget to level the skill "swiftly forgotten")
7) Learn what sells and what doesn't. Its often better to move a bunch of lower price easier to obtain items, than it is to move one large ticket item and have to wait days for it to sell.
8) When you can farm enough stuff to sufficiently keep one store stocked, you may want to consider a second trade guild( You can be in up to 5 player guilds at a time)
9) By the end of your first month, your ledgermain should be around level 20 and you should be selling around 20k worth of treasure a day to the fence plus doing another 2-5k/day in the store.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:53PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My expenses for the month:

* 40k-50k in guild stores( mostly blue recipes)
    * 8k-12k in wayshrine costs( im lazy when i want to go somewhere else)
    * 5k-8k in repair fees
    * 6k-10k in bank/inventory upgrades
    * 15k on guild raffles/events
    * 6k at the stable
    * 5k-8k paying off bounties( dont ask)
    * 6k-8k laundering items.
    * 3k-5k in misc. vendor fees( such as style materials, pots, buffs, repair kits, lockpicks, etc when in a pinch)

Who knows what else that i dont remember.

So i was probably closer to 400k gross my first 30 days.
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
    I play 30 days and earn about 3k per day playing for 2-3 hours.
    1) Sell stealing items.
    2) I am in 4 trade guilds but have nothing to sell. I find recipes for sell not very often.

I can sell 50 stealing items per day. For example if all items will be 40 coins, so 40*50= 2000 coins for selling stealing items per day.
    Edited by POMEH on January 21, 2018 8:10AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:53AM
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    POMEH wrote: »
    1) Sell stealing items.
    2) I am in 4 trade guilds but have nothing to sell. I find recipes for sell not very often.

I can sell 50 stealing items per day. For example if all items will be 40 coins, so 40*50= 2000 coins for selling stealing items per day.

Do you pay dues for your 4 trade guilds? If so, that would seem like a big expense.

Also, did you know you can increase the 50-item limit for stealing by using skill points?

Yes, I know it, but I havnt free skill points for it. I even havnt free skill points for craft. I am 38 lvl now.
    I dont pay guilds nothing. There are no conditions there. Only one - Divine Deals has conditions - 5k for week, so I sell more than 5k per week.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    1) Sell stealing items.

Do you pay dues for your 4 trade guilds? If so, that would seem like a big expense.

Also, did you know you can increase the 50-item limit for stealing by using skill points?

Yes, I know it, but I havnt free skill points for it. I even havnt free skill points for craft. I am 38 lvl now.
    I dont pay guilds nothing. There are no conditions there. Only one - Divine Deals has conditions - 5k for week, so I sell more than 5k per week.

I never burn all my skill points on other things, i found it handy to keep a few on reserve for leveling up crafting or thieving related skills. Also skill points are not that hard to come by. You dont just get skill points for leveling. You get skill points for completing quest chains, dungeons, group events, and skyshards among other things. In skyshards alone you can get over 100 skill points.

I get most of my recipes from stealing. Though its not uncommon for me to get blues and sometimes a purple in dungeon containers. If you have legerdemain above 10 or so, you should be seeing a few green treasures worth 100 gold when you steal. I should note that i dont steal everything from every container i open. You dont get in trouble for opening containers to look. Only when you take something out is considered stealing. I may of looked, at lower legerdemain levels, in half a dozen containers before i stole something. Even at 20, i may look in a few before i steal.

Its not really necessary to belong to so many trade guilds if you cant keep them stocked. If the other 3 have a guild store( the actual merchant as you can still post in the guild store for others in the guild to buy) then do you really need to belong to the one that costs money to be in?

You can also stock a store with a bunch of crafting material. I usually do provisioning ingredients in lots of 50. Woods, cloths, and metals in lots of 25 or 50. alchemical and enchanting in lots of 10. And they sell quite well. I can usually sell all my crafting material in a store in a couple of hours or less. Far faster than i can gather it.

You should be able to run around an area that is full of non owned( its not stealing to take from) containers or around a concentrated area of materials and get enough mats to stock half a store in an hour. It wont be big stacks. But not everyone is looking for big stacks. Some just need a few of the material and dont want to spend the gold on big stacks.
  • POMEH
    POMEH
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like gather resourses for a long time. I play for interest quests in ESO. Crafting ingridients I dont sell cause I think its will be usefull to up lvl of all craft skills (provision, alchemy and others). When I find rare receips then I sell its in guilds. So I earn a little bit cash.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember how I made gold initially but I do remember stealing 50 items a day and selling them to fences. I invested every bit I made in the first few months in buying backpack and bank upgrades and training riding skills. I think I got the first 2 fully upgraded in 3-4 months and the horse took a little longer. Anyway it was pretty quick after that. One year after I joined I had 8 chars with backpack and riding maxed and about 5M in cash.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |