Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: February 2 @ 6PM EST – Dragon Bones Dungeons"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
0f49538191abc1f5de06281fd7bdc44f.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "ESO Live: February 2 @ 6PM EST – Dragon Bones Dungeons" blog article.

Join us this Friday for ESO Live as we delve into the two new dungeons coming with the Dragon Bones DLC game pack!

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see these at a time I can actually watch. :)

And I haven't managed to secure a group to run through either dungeon, so no idea if these contain spoilers or not:
    • Why do the other Daedra hold Peryite in such contempt?
    • Why haven't we seen much of Peryite in ESO before? Will we be seeing more of him in the future?
    • Nocturnal has Shrikes, Hermaeus Mora has Seekers, what Daedra are specific to Peryite and his realm?
    • Who names the Dragon Priests and by extension their masks? The Dragons or the Priests? Or were they named by the populace who served them?
    • Mr. Finnegan still needs to clarify his comment from last time (note: transcript made from Jan 4th episode of ESO Live recording):
      ...Thurvokun did not side with Alduin or Paarthurnax during the Dragon War and flew off on his own, did not do that. So he did not have an eternal soul, so when he came in here laid waste to everything he could eventually die. So...that's what caused him to actually die at the end.
      The whole 'no immortal soul' bit flies right in the face of the entire plot of ESV: Skyrim. So would he mind explaining that?

And some non-lore questions:
    • How do you choose what set bonuses are going to go on the new masks?
    • Did you plan on including Spellbreaker from the beginning of the creation process or was it decided to add it later on?
    • How long did each dungeon take to make?
    • Was there anything you learned from previous dungeons that influenced these?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do these dungeons without dev "cheats" pls.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The theme song is back Jess :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand one thing. I actually don't like to spoil all the upcoming things. Is this a new trend now? From all the new games coming out we can see hours and hours of gameplays then they feel like we have already played them.

(Yes I know I don't have to watch them and I won't.)
    Edited by Bevik on February 1, 2018 9:18AM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

So it was great to actually see and hear you this week, but I think there are still some problems with your broadcast software. The video was 30 fps on Twitch but I was seeing a lot of graphical artifacts relating to interlacing.

My husband wonders if you are shooting it at 60i and streaming it at 30p.

See below and click for full screen.
    a3f96a032e.jpg

Perhaps show this to your IT guys? (e.g. Wayne?)
    Edited by baratron on February 3, 2018 4:24AM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • TicklesWithTalons
    TicklesWithTalons
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to see these at a time I can actually watch. :)

And I haven't managed to secure a group to run through either dungeon, so no idea if these contain spoilers or not:
    • Why do the other Daedra hold Peryite in such contempt?
    • Why haven't we seen much of Peryite in ESO before? Will we be seeing more of him in the future?
    • Nocturnal has Shrikes, Hermaeus Mora has Seekers, what Daedra are specific to Peryite and his realm?
    • Who names the Dragon Priests and by extension their masks? The Dragons or the Priests? Or were they named by the populace who served them?
    • Mr. Finnegan still needs to clarify his comment from last time (note: transcript made from Jan 4th episode of ESO Live recording):
      ...Thurvokun did not side with Alduin or Paarthurnax during the Dragon War and flew off on his own, did not do that. So he did not have an eternal soul, so when he came in here laid waste to everything he could eventually die. So...that's what caused him to actually die at the end.
      The whole 'no immortal soul' bit flies right in the face of the entire plot of ESV: Skyrim. So would he mind explaining that?

And some non-lore questions:
    • How do you choose what set bonuses are going to go on the new masks?
    • Did you plan on including Spellbreaker from the beginning of the creation process or was it decided to add it later on?
    • How long did each dungeon take to make?
    • Was there anything you learned from previous dungeons that influenced these?

1) He is a lesser known and less powerful Daedra, but I don't know why other Daedra don't like him (I don't know whether this is true or not), but it may be because he isn't a higher level Daedra and only covers low level oblivion monsters. He is also only interested in maintaining the "Natural Order", but not killing all races or enslaving them like many of the other Daedra want to do (Molag Bal, Mehrunez Dagon) so the evil daedra may hate him or view him as weak and wasted potential, but he definitely isn't good either so the "good" daedra like Azura and Meredia also hate him.

2) He is a less powerful Daedra and his specialty is poison and disease, he also rarely gets involved with mortals additionally when he does get involved he is usually only indirectly involved in affairs (by spreading disease for example). This is his role, his role isn't to show up everywhere and be well known.

3) I don't believe he has unique Daedra, but he has been known to use skeevers, rats, pests, and sometimes dragons (he himself is usually depicted as diseased and anorexic dragon or wyvrn) so a dead dragon is a good suit for his dungeon. His realm isn't conquering and destruction, his role is only to spread disease, poison and pestilence.

4) The dragon priests where either named by the Dragons or they where named normally, the Dragons used to rule all (or almost all) of Tamriel in the past, and they appointed Priests to serve them, some of these priests became immortal (by becoming Liches). Skyrim takes place when these dragons come back to life, ESO takes place in between these 2 times periods Rule of the Dragons(Pre-ESO), and Return of the Dragons (Skyrim)

5) Don't know about Mr.Finnegan's statement.
    Edited by TicklesWithTalons on February 12, 2018 8:55PM
    Tickles-With-Talons
    ♠Ebonheart Imperial Guard♠