Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trophies while on Loot Cooldown

Eiagra
Eiagra
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for some general observations here as I try and fail (again) to find a Fleshy Symbiont to round out my Atronach Element Collector. I've been running around Abamath on and off trying to finish this, without success. On my latest attempt, I began to wonder, is it even possible to get trophies while on a Loot Cooldown?

Loot Cooldown, from what I've observed, is when the game throttles your loot acquisition. You'll get less valuable loot as you grind until reaching a point where you just get a few coins and maybe a couple of Alkahest. Eventually some timer resets, and you get a full loot drop again, which gets progressively less valuable until the timer resets again. Repeat ad nauseum.

I haven't found any other decent places to try to acquire this trophy besides Abamath, but the low droprate makes me suspicious, and there's been on-again off-again discussion about trophy drop rate that suggests something somewhere may be broken. I'm wondering if anyone has some observations on when they're aware of being on a loot cooldown, and if they acquired trophies while on it. Or if there's something else broken.
      In verity.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have grinded Abamath for ages. Still don't have that trophy :/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loot Cool Down only applies to Bosses, not general mobs. Abamath and Dolmens are the only good places to farm Flesh Atronachs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up for these achievements a long time ago. I always seem to get the ones I can never get on my main after killing a single mob on an alt character and I just get really mad so I try not to think about it anymore.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to get the Fleshy Symbiont on my main for years now...no luck. Last year I was leveling a new character via the Alik'r dolmen train and got a Fleshy Symbiont at the Tigonus Dolmen. I wish these type of achievements were account-wide. :/

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Loot Cool Down only applies to Bosses, not general mobs. Abamath and Dolmens are the only good places to farm Flesh Atronachs.

My experiences would contradict that statement. I get a long run of 4 gold and 2-5 Alkahest before getting a "full" drop (generally a random equip item, a larger sum of gold, sometimes a potion, along with the alkahest). There's some random variables, but the pattern has remained constant from what I've seen.

Dolmens are too random in the mobs you face to farm, making Abamath the only reasonably consistent grind location if that's the case.

Seeing other players posting that they've been trying for extended durations as well makes me wonder if something is indeed broken, then. If not in general, then for this area.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Can you confirm this issue for us, please? If this is working as intended, then I'd like to suggest modifying what's intended to be a little more generous.
          In verity.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. I need a bunch of monster trophies on my main, but my alts get the stupid things left and right :( They should make them bankable again, so it can be completed on other characters, if needed. At least with fishing, you have a chance at perfect roe if you don't find the fish you need.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Village of the Lost in Coldharbour has some flesh atronachs as well.

I got mine running Skyreach Catacombs a while ago.

My problems in that category are the Crackling Lodestone and Everfrost. Never got either on any character, and I've killed my share of atronachs.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »

My experiences would contradict that statement. I get a long run of 4 gold and 2-5 Alkahest before getting a "full" drop (generally a random equip item, a larger sum of gold, sometimes a potion, along with the alkahest). There's some random variables, but the pattern has remained constant from what I've seen.

I have killed millions of mobs across 14 characters for over 4 years. There is no mob loot cool down on trash mobs. It's all RNG as to what you get. RNG ebbs and flows. I have a favorite place in the game where I can carve out 2.5 Million EXP an hour killing a dozen or more mobs on each pull, and the pulls are less than 20 seconds apart. I get mob loot on each pool, sometimes more,sometimes less, but there is no pattern to it and no cool down. One pull might net me 3 or 4 items, the next five I will get 8 to 12 items. Also, not every mob is going to drop something on every kill, so when taking on 1 to 3 mob packs, it stands to reason your going to get little to no loot on some of them.

I have the Symbiont on a couple of characters, ironically ones that have no other Monster Trophies. They got them from running some dolmen zergs. I don't have it on other characters who have the Monster Hunter Achievements and who have farmed Abamath to get it.

RNG is like that. You can spend 1000's of hours farming something with no success. Some scrub will come along and kill the first mob they ever do in the game and get what you were looking for.

Getting all the Collectibles in the game is hands down the hardest achievement to get. Far more difficult than Master Angler. Surprised there is not a title. Heck, there might be, it has been so long since I opened that section up. I know there are Dyes.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrug* I've observed what I've observed. Unless a developer would like to step in and give us the exact percentages and loot mechanics to clarify, all I can offer is observation on my experiences.

Regardless, it seems this trophy may be unusually rare.
          In verity.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious, what do you get when you get em all?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acquiring the trophies in a set completes an achievement and its associated dye.
          In verity.