The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

mag plar in no cp bgs/solo ow 200 spelldmg vs 2k stam

Trashs1
Trashs1
✭✭✭
yes im in a no cp dilemma :)

what is more valueable? in a no cp environment

200 spell dmg or 2k stamina?

source: i play a standard dw/snb templar and the only difference is the food and the enchant of the big pieces

its either:

witchmothers and 3 prism glyphs which leads to 9.7k stam 31.6k mag and 3106 spell dmg ... or
3 statt food and all magica glyps which leads to 12.7k stam, 34.1k mag ans 2722 spelldmg

if u calculate dmg and magica of both its kinda

6300 dmg in witchmothers and 9.7k stam
6100 dmg with 3 statt food and 12.7k stam

whats better?

well when i write the numbers i asume the 3 stat food is more beneficial :open_mouth:
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends how much stamina you have already. Helpful to be at 13k at least, after that go crazy with spell damage
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Depends how much stamina you have already. Helpful to be at 13k at least, after that go crazy with spell damage

yes seems reasonable ---> 3 stat food option
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For magplar, I’d take stamina for sure. Proc sets over perform in no-CP and the best counter is a quick block, that combined with magplar already using block as part of its class defense makes it an easy choice imo
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would almost never NOT do prism glyphs on a magplar.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on January 30, 2018 3:32PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    I would never NOT do prism glyphs on a magplar.

why u would do prism glyphs when u use tristatt food?
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    For magplar, I’d take stamina for sure. Proc sets over perform in no-CP and the best counter is a quick block, that combined with magplar already using block as part of its class defense makes it an easy choice imo

yes alredy agree on this.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

Prismatic glyphs are one of the most efficient source of raw stats in the game.

...and I do both tristat food and prism glyphs. Occasionally Citrus Filet/witch mothers on a few setups.

Edited by DeadlyRecluse on January 30, 2018 3:35PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, at least do prismatic on big pieces -- head, chest, legs, and shield. Then maybe all magicka on smaller pieces if you don't want to do all of them prismatic.
    • PC/NA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin , prismatic glyphs on shields have less of a benefit on builds that aren't S&B on both bars. You'll lose the health and stam on bar swap, likely not regenerate the stam (IMO, stam is the biggest selling point for tri glyphs on magicka builds) and have marginally lower damage because of the tri glyph on the shield. It's a tiny difference, but worth considering - certainly if you're strapped for cash.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Yeah, at least do prismatic on big pieces -- head, chest, legs, and shield. Then maybe all magicka on smaller pieces if you don't want to do all of them prismatic.

I wouldn't do tri stat on small pieces ever. Costs 40k to get 600 each stat (4 pieces), but 2/2 will get you 680 for two stats of your choice for less than 1k. Big pieces I can see, since the health stat alone outweighs the 10k per rune cost.

(Ball park numbers for smaller pieces; 150 tri stat, 350 reg ).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Minno Yeah I wouldn't tri-glyph everything either, but I know there's people out there that do just that. Hakeijo are only 5k tel var, I have something like 120k tel var socked away for hakeijo and alchemy satchels but even then I wouldn't put a gold tri-glyph on a small piece.

@Adenoma True, but that's the same regardless of which enchant you use on your shield. It does count as a big piece though and if someone goes double sword and board it's useful. I tend to run destro/sword and board (or resto/sword & board depending on group role) so I generally put a magicka glyph on the shield to boost my heals from that bar a bit.
    • PC/NA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin , we're talking minuscule difference, but I'm saying it doesn't matter if you don't recoup that magicka in the bar switch because your abilities will still scale off of it. The missing stamina that you have on bar swap won't help your build in any way.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that's precisely what I meant in my response. The extra magicka helps my effective spell damage on that bar.
    • PC/NA
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The choice is obvious, you shouldn’t run around with 9k stam on a magic build. CCs are too accessible and broken for that.

To add you don’t really have to build for high damage in no cp, it’s overkill really.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on January 30, 2018 9:44PM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Have max stam and regen enough to consistently break free and the odd dodge roll. The mark is different for all. For me, i like to have 12k stam on magicka characters.

2. Always use tristat glyph on everything. EVERYTHING. IMO only Shieldstackers can argue to go full magicka, since that is also their defence. For everyone else, it is just so much more efficient, as it gives 50% more overall stats. Cant recall exactly, but i believe it is about 2-3k more stats overall. In current meta, all stats are valuable.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall are nuts, i run fill tristat with trifood on mine. Gimme that stam. Isn't blocking with only using cp and snb passives cheaper on pts than on live? If so, sweet.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

Prismatic glyphs are one of the most efficient source of raw stats in the game.

...and I do both tristat food and prism glyphs. Occasionally Citrus Filet/witch mothers on a few setups.

Magplar can’t really die when your magika and stamina sustain are on point. Since you need to block cast heals the huge stam pool is so nice. I recently geared my magplar out for support and I’m running shackle+tri glyphs+tri-food and it’s just so dirty having that much stam, I can block like crazy and never worry.

Yall are nuts, i run fill tristat with trifood on mine. Gimme that stam. Isn't blocking with only using cp and snb passives cheaper on pts than on live? If so, sweet.

If you can’t run out of stam or mag on a magplar then you can’t die. Finding that point then stacking damage is the key imo. That point varies for everyone, but I also love having 15-18k(cp/nocp) stam on magplar. I’m running Impreg+Shackle 1 Domi 1 Shadowrend. Mage Mundus 2x regen glyphs and all sturdy for no-CP. don’t tri-glyph the shield though, max mag for the extra heals
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 31, 2018 6:31AM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    thx a lot, i m going to triglyph then ^^