The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does TFS lose debuff if weapon on barswap

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have been told that TFS loses stack on barswap kind of like Ebon does if used on weapons. The debuff shows constant on the tracker, so it doesn’t seem to by me. But some friends told me it does. Not sure what to make of it.

I’m using a sharpened TFS bow and infused dagger. Other sets are Hundings or Briarheart or war machine
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    If you are completing the 5 set bonus on both bars it should not drop off...

If you are using 2 daggers etc on your front bar and swap to a non TFS Bow* bow bar, you will lose the TFS buff.
    Edited by jkolb2030 on September 28, 2017 4:25PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

If you are using 2 daggers etc on your front bar and swap to a non TFS Bow* bow bar, you will lose the TFS buff.

Do you lose it instantly on bar swap? Or does it no longer continue to stack? I thought it was the latter.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    jkolb2030 wrote: »

Do you lose it instantly on bar swap? Or does it no longer continue to stack? I thought it was the latter.

That's correct. It will stay, it just won't reapply.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m using weapons on both bars to complete the set. It never loses 5 piece.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have 5 pieces on each bar it should not fall of completely. The way TFS works is that it builds up stacks that do not overwrite each others duration, if that makes sense. So it can happen that you might lose a stack by barswapping or something but that's all that should happen. If you don't have 5 pieces on your backbar each stack will run out separately and you will loose more and more penetration over time.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Ftiryaki13
    Ftiryaki13
    ✭✭
    What about 4 pieces of tfs on body and 1 piece on both bars? And 4 vso on jewellery and body + 1 on front bar?
    Edited by Ftiryaki13 on January 30, 2018 8:48AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ftiryaki13 wrote: »
    What about 4 pieces of tfs on body and 1 piece on both bars? And 4 vso on jewellery and body + 1 on front bar?

Since you'll complete tfs on both bars, the stack will stay.

however you'd only get Vo on the forntbar due to your setup
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 30, 2018 2:01PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

If you have a bow you got by chance it could work until you get the Maelstrom one but there's no reason to farm TFS bow. Best way to use this set is either 5 armor pieces, and then you need to pair it with another dropped set on the front bar, such as Vicious Ophidian, or 2 armor pieces and 3 jewels and then you can pair it even with a crafted set like Hunding's Rage. But the general rule is to have 5 pieces on both bars. Otherwise Sunderflame and even Night Mother's Gaze are just plain better as front bar sets since the debuff applies once and lasts 8 and 6 seconds respectively, and you never spend more than 5s on the back bar in a rotation.
    Edited by Asardes on January 30, 2018 2:08PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Ftiryaki13
    Ftiryaki13
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    kylewwefan wrote: »

If you have a bow you got by chance it could work until you get the Maelstrom one but there's no reason to farm TFS bow. Best way to use this set is either 5 armor pieces, and then you need to pair it with another dropped set on the front bar, such as Vicious Ophidian, or 2 armor pieces and 3 jewels and then you can pair it even with a crafted set like Hunding's Rage. But the general rule is to have 5 pieces on both bars. Otherwise Sunderflame and even Night Mother's Gaze are just plain better as front bar sets since the debuff applies once and lasts 8 and 6 seconds respectively, and you never spend more than 5s on the back bar in a rotation.

yes, I have a TFS bow, no MS bow yet, that's why I am asking :)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    If you have 5 pieces on each bar it should not fall of completely. The way TFS works is that it builds up stacks that do not overwrite each others duration, if that makes sense. So it can happen that you might lose a stack by barswapping or something but that's all that should happen. If you don't have 5 pieces on your backbar each stack will run out separately and you will loose more and more penetration over time.

That's not how it works. Everything in this game that has stacks, once the duration is over and the stack hasn't been refreshed, you lose ALL of your stacks. It works the same way as it does for the Hawk Eye passive. So if you build up 5 stacks of TFS, then bar swap onto a bar without TFS, once the duration of the stack runs out, you lose 4300 penetration instantly.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade