Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can I do the main story at the same time as morrowind story?

Hero7
Hero7
Soul Shriven
Hoping someone can please help.

Can I start on the main story line quest line without abandoning the morrowind storyline?

Will I lose anything by starting the main story and will I be able to get back easily via wayshrines?

May be an dumb question, but I just want to be sure before travelling and beginning the main story.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do both at the same time and won't lose your progress in any other quests.

If you want to activate the main story just head back into the core game zones and you should be approached by an NPC which triggers the start of the main story.

You'll also be able to travel freely to any shrine you've unlocked previously.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, note that once you discover the Harborage, you can travel directly to it, free from any Wayshrine, so this can help with bouncing back and forth.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Hero7
    Hero7
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:10AM
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Not unless you're playing on two different accounts at the same time.

On a more serious note, you can have as many active quests as you want (I'm not sure if there's a limit or not but if there is it's really high and you shouldn't have to worry about it)
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    25 quests max active at one time
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's 25 quests, and you can reach that more quickly than you think. :) Add up main quest, a few overland things, DLC quests, then undaunted dailies, crafting dailies and master writs. Bam. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    besides the main quests is there really no general direction I should follow while questing, its pretty much just pick a zone and clear it then on to the next.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh there's tons of quests besides the main quest. Many of them are indeed just scattered across the zones ("side quests"). Like one of the hints in the loading screen says, "Sometimes it pays to just go exploring. Pick a direction and start wandering." :) But there's numerous "guided quests" too.

Each faction has a big quest line that begins in the respective starting city. Auridon (Vulkhel Guard) for Aldmeri Dominion. Those consists of a number of quests in each zone, and when you complete one, there'll be a quest giver sending you to the next. For Aldmeri (the only one I've completed so far), you go through Auridon, then Grahtwood, Greenshade, Malabal Tor and finally Reaper's March.

You COULD indeed just pick a zone and do the quests there, but it's recommended to do the faction quests in the intended sequence.

The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Orsinium and Morrowind DLCs also have quest lines that you can initiate by accepting the invitation from your Collectibles screen. Like with the faction quests, you'll be sent from quest to quest there.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP