The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unplayable Ping 999+ at times

Noctzz
Noctzz
Soul Shriven
I came back to play ESO since last december and is currently an ESO+ subscriber. Had been enjoying the game but there are days where I cannot play at all.

Currently, on a weekend night where I want some gaming time but the ping is at currently 999+. I was in a dungeon earlier (vet WGT) and at the starting area my ping suddenly shot up to 999+ and I could not continue.

After that I tried to login but cannot log in, giving me messages like my internet connection has issue (I can access other sites with no issue)
When I finally managed to log in, the ping is stuck at 999+ and I cannot do anything. (fyi, my usual ping is 250-288, from S.E.A.)

Well, I just hope that ESO can improve the server or something. I do like the game but the unstable server is very frustrating.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctzz wrote: »
    I came back to play ESO since last december and is currently an ESO+ subscriber. Had been enjoying the game but there are days where I cannot play at all.

Currently, on a weekend night where I want some gaming time but the ping is at currently 999+. I was in a dungeon earlier (vet WGT) and at the starting area my ping suddenly shot up to 999+ and I could not continue.

After that I tried to login but cannot log in, giving me messages like my internet connection has issue (I can access other sites with no issue)
    When I finally managed to log in, the ping is stuck at 999+ and I cannot do anything. (fyi, my usual ping is 250-288, from S.E.A.)

Well, I just hope that ESO can improve the server or something. I do like the game but the unstable server is very frustrating.

Hey, it’s just a sad fact of life playing from SEAsia. I highly suggest trying a VPN called Mudfish. It’s worked wonders to stabilize my ping and helps with lag. It takes a little tweaking to figure it what works for you, but they have a specific setup for ESO and it works quite welll
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing high ping or random disconnections, here are a few troubleshooting steps that may improve your connection.
    • To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, configure your router to open the following outbound ports:
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
      • TCP Port 80
      • TCP Port 433
    • Update the firmware of your router (it is always a good step to take, as it prevents that an outdated firmware interferes on your connection).
    • Try to put your modem/router far from all electrical devices and do not coil up any excess signal or power cables (to eliminate possible interference problems).

If none of these steps improve the situation, you can contact customer support for additional assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post