Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How can I get my dps up??

playerkiller247
playerkiller247
✭✭✭
Im a stamblade, cp650 and use Hundings and Spriggans, but I'm barely hitting 10k dps, I mean Im pretty sure that's pathetic at my level but I just don't get how to improve it?

Best Answers

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, pretty pathetic if you take into consideration that individual DOTs can tick higher then that... :D
    So first I would recommend you to get a proper build. Your sets are okay, but make sure you get the correct traits, enchants, CP, mundus, etc. What setup is best for you depends on what you want to do, so think about that and then look up guides. There are many guides out there and a lot of them are bad, so make sure to check if those people can reach good DPS. For PvE Stamblade that would be 40-50k on a target dummy. When you got you build fixed find a rotation that works for you and practice it, you need to know it by heart in order to effectively use it in proper fights. Also learn weaving and animation cancelling as those two mechanics significantly increase your DPS and proper light attack weaving is essential on a Stamblade.

If you want more specific information you have to put in more detailed information regarding your build and rotation.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add a couple of things:

Some people put points into both stamina and health, and this negatively affects their DPS, because stamina weapons scale off of their maximum stamina. So make sure all your points are into stamina, and use stamina glyphs on your armor. If you're too squishy with all stamina glyphs, you can put one health glyph on. I think I use one health glyph on all of my stam characters.

I'm assuming all your armor is medium? That will improve your DPS numbers, too.

Also want to note that when people measure their DPS on a training dummy, they use their Ultimate, and they also use a potion in addition to food. Don't know if you're doing that, but it counts toward your DPS numbers as well.

And use Teleport Strike morphed to Ambush before you attack mobs, if you don't already. Although, ZOS has just announced that they're reducing the damage this skill does in the patch coming in February. My stamblade's DPS numbers are going to take a hit with that dang patch.
    Answer ✓
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Pay attention to what is advised in this build:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

Pay particular attention to Skills and Rotation. A decent rotation does more for your dps then optimal gear. If you have a friend with a target dummy, try practicing the rotation there.

This will probably be a good starting point, there might be videos of people with a stronger build but they will be far too complicated if you have to start from 10k dps. Do not try to take big jumps
    Answer ✓
  • NewFordOrder
    NewFordOrder
    ✭✭✭
    Hundigs and Spriggans are very solid so that shouldn't be your problem. In addition to those, you should add agility (robust) jewlery set or if jewlery is already part of spriggan, add kragh (my preference) or veldireth monster helm.

All stamina glyphs on armor, all weapon damage glyphs on jewelry, sharpened weapons, all divine gear with warrior mundus, all medium at least purple gear, dual wield daggers will give you best dps, put poison enchant on main hand, weapon damage on off hand.

Then just make sure you are using food to keep your stats boosted at all times. I use purple tri stat, but some prefer dual stat food. Pop tri stat potions as needed. Gl.
    Answer ✓
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:21AM
    Answer ✓
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Partomax: That... was not helpful. ;)

@playerkiller247: Like the other users said, your set choice is fine, and the most important aspect of good DPS is a proper rotation (i.e. repeating sequence of skills), rhythm for alternating LA/HA and skills, and reapplying DOTs and buffs at the right time, in decreasing order of importance.

And don't listen to guys that say 40-50k is "normal" or the "good dps you should reach" for a stamblade on the skeleton. It is not. ;)

I have a guildie who indeed reaches ~45k, but that's with perfect gold gear, maelstrom weapons, max CP, lots of experience and practice, the whole smash. Those cases are the exception, not the average! If you reach 25k+ on the skeleton, you're good for all vet content except non-Craglorn vet trials. If you down the skeleton in ~1:30 minutes (i.e. ~33k DPS), you're all set for all content.

Of course the more DPS, the better (easier) content becomes. But don't think "I'm below 40k, so I can't do this vet WGT run people are asking me to join". Only for the hardest content, like vet Halls or Asylum there's any kind of "need" for such high DPS. Even there, situational awareness, following mechanics and having good movement is more important than raw damage output.

I personally consider myself an "advanced player". I don't have maelstrom weapons, but get to 30-35k on my magblade and stamblade, depending on crit luck and rotation execution, and 25-30 on my other chars like magplar and stamden, and I'm fine with that. Nobody complains about my DPS in vet DLC dungeons, so there's that. ;) (With a maelstrom bow and full gold two-fanged on my stamblade I'd probably get to 35-38k.)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Answer ✓
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    I just happened to be writing up my build for someone, you are more than welcome to use it. When Incapacitating Strike is up be sure to weave it in before or after Caltrops, works especially well on the execute phase. When coupled with War Machine you should be hitting 50k+ with Killers Blade. With this rotation you can go full weapon damage enchants on your accessories and not worry about resource sustain so long as you are using Dubious Camoran Throne.

If you are open to gear suggestions I'd recommend dropping Spriggans and picking up a set of Sunderflame to go with your Hundings Rage, the set is easily picked up in City of Ash 1. Once you get your rotation down and are pulling decent dps look for an HoF trial group and pick up a set of War Machine, you won't regret it.

STAMINA NIGHTBLADE BUILD
    ========================
    DUAL WIELD BAR:
    RENDING SLASHES
    SURPRISE ATTACK
    RELENTLESS FOCUS
    KILLERS BLADE
    DEADLY CLOAK
    FLAWLESS DAWNBREAKER

BOW BAR:
    POISON INJECTION
    ENDLESS HAIL
    REARMING TRAP
    ANTI-CAVALRY CALTROPS
    VIGOR
    INCAPACITATING STRIKE

ROTATION:
    BUFF WITH RELENTLESS FOCUS
    BUFF WITH WEAPON POWER POTION

ENDLESS HAIL > LIGHT ATTACK > POISON INJECTION > LIGHT ATTACK > REARMING TRAP > LIGHT ATTACK > ANTI-CAVALRY CALTROPS > WEAPON SWAP

HEAVY ATTACK > RENDING SLASHES > HEAVY ATTACK > SURPRISE ATTACK > HEAVY ATTACK > ASSASSINS SCOURGE > HEAVY ATTACK > RELENTLESS FOCUS > WEAPON SWAP

EXECUTE ROTATION:
    ENDLESS HAIL > LIGHT ATTACK > POISON INJECTION > LIGHT ATTACK > REARMING TRAP > LIGHT ATTACK > ANTI-CAVALRY CALTROPS > WEAPON SWAP

HEAVY ATTACK > RENDING SLASHES > HEAVY ATTACK > KILLERS BLADE > HEAVY ATTACK > KILLERS BLADE > ASSASSINS SCOURGE > RELENTLESS FOCUS > WEAPON SWAP
    Edited by xRIVALENx on January 30, 2018 1:49PM
    Answer ✓
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a stamblade

the weakest class damage dealer in eso and we die the easiest.
    if the devs dont help us out intime no one will be playing it accept me alone, mainly because it is the only stealth class in eso and i only play stealth classes.
    been asking for buffs and help to increase survivablity and damage since beta 2013.

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im a stamblade

the weakest class damage dealer in eso and we die the easiest.
    if the devs dont help us out intime no one will be playing it accept me alone, mainly because it is the only stealth class in eso and i only play stealth classes.
    been asking for buffs and help to increase survivablity and damage since beta 2013.

What? Stamblade currently is one of the strongest DDs. In groupplay it's maybe a few percent behind the top choices and in solo nothing beats Stamblade in DPS. The simple fact that it's Stamina already guarantees high DPS as the majority of you DPS comes from non class abilities anyways, on top of that NB has pretty much the best selfbuffs in the game as well as the strongest execute.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice guys! (: hopefully I won't have to be embarrassed about my dps for too long :#
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    Don't feel too bad I'm ashamed of the dps on both my toons, but the more I play/ read about the game the more I'm starting to see there are a ton of different builds and that it has a lot to do with experimenting new things, finding something that works for you and making it work to the best of toons abilities.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Hahah thanks jnelson1182 :p yeah I've been trying to read about different builds online
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    Hahah thanks jnelson1182 :p yeah I've been trying to read about different builds online

me too but I'm clearing doing something wrong with my sorcerer cuz from most of what I read they are supposed to be pretty decent but right now between my sorcerer and my lower level DK, both mag, its looking like the DK does more damage.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One good option is to see if there is somebody in your guild that runs a good stamblade dd and ask them if they can help you with your rotation. It definitely sounds like this is an issue with your rotation. Good dps rotation should look something like: buff - LA - DOT - LA - another DOT - bar swop - LA - spammable - LA - spammable - LA.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    git gud
    PC/EU - This is a signature