The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DPS for trials?

kongkim
kongkim
✭✭✭✭✭
How must DPS do you need to be able to join along on trials?

I'm in no way a pro player. and normal just do Normal and Vet dungeons. But I have been playing since beta and never done a trial :) Så though it was about time to do so.

But the thing is, I'm more of a person that like to try builds out and play a little out of the box with new builds.
So I'll never go all in on max/min. builds.
But how much DPS would I need to tag along on a trail?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal really dont need a requirement.

I've seen some ask for 20k+ for vet, some say 25k.

Trials lot can be a bit clicky if I'm honest. See how you go but if they dont like your skills etc they tend to say lol. They prefer min maxed conformists. But to be fair that's sometimes just Vet hard mode etc etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30k+
    Anything if you plan to be carried

Honestly depends on the group though, hardest part is finding people to run with in the first place, nevermind how much dps you have
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least 30k for vet ones.
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    IMO these are minimums
    Norm Crag Trials 12k
    Vet Crag Trials 17k

These can vary. Usually you'll have at least a couple decent DPS pulling 20k+.
    But ya never know when puging.

If you're hanging in vet dungeons you should be fine for Norm Craglorn trials.
    Just jump in there and try it out. You'll be able to tell if you're not pulling your weight.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically, you'll do fine on normal at 15K, and you can get away with 20k on vet craglorn trials. It goes up quite a bit for the newer trials, and most groups will want more 30K or more, some even want 40k. A lot of that is due to wanting to be able to compete for high scores.

Ideally, starting with crag vets, I'd say 25k and the ability to listen to raid calls and mostly stay alive is a good starting place, but much is going to depend on the requirements the leader wants.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal trial - any build, any dps.

Vet trial - hard to tell. When vet trials came out, ~2 years ago, the maximum DPS the best DDs could achieve was ~25k (less CP, not frontloaded, less powerful sets, no weapon ultimates, lower stats in general, etc.). Hence, most people running them had between 15k and 20k. The trials didn't change. Back then, people just followed all mechanics. Nowadays, barely anyone knows all mechanics. People solve problems with higher DPS. Since people are now able to achieve twice the dps as it was intended for these trials, groups have higher requirements, as they choose not to care about mechanics and just outdps everything.

To answer your question, it's possible with 15k, but since power creep turned people elitist, they probably won't take you. Most groups will require at least 35k on a dummy. Very dedicated groups will require 40k+. 50k is what the best DDs achieve.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25k is a good number for Craglorn vet trials, Hel ra (easiest vet trial in my opinion) is probably do-able with a little less, Aetherian Archive is easy'ish, I say easy'ish because of Valariel and the dps tests she throws at you when she spawns her images.. I wouldn't really fancy doing that part if all the group had 20k dps, that extra 5k makes all the difference. As to the newer trials then 30k would be an absolute minimum with a "the more the better" clause thrown in.

For normal trials 15k is ample..
    Edited by supaskrub on January 22, 2018 6:54PM
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all and thx for the good answers.
    But to be true I'm not even close to the numbers you come with.
    As said I like to try out, out of the box build most of the time. So think I'm between 10k to 15k.
    And normal trails are fine. will not go for ven at all :P
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's a normal trial nobody will notice if you don't even attack, for the most part anyway.

Vet trials you'll want 25k for craglorn, 30-35k for the others. Hard mode is a whole other story though.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget that the higher numbers mentioned here are group buffed DPS, not solo DPS.

If you can pull consistent 15k-20k solo, you'll be fine for any normal/vet trials unless the group is running for a leader-board slot.
    shades.gif
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    Normal trial - any build, any dps.

Vet trial - hard to tell. When vet trials came out, ~2 years ago, the maximum DPS the best DDs could achieve was ~25k (less CP, not frontloaded, less powerful sets, no weapon ultimates, lower stats in general, etc.). Hence, most people running them had between 15k and 20k. The trials didn't change. Back then, people just followed all mechanics. Nowadays, barely anyone knows all mechanics. People solve problems with higher DPS. Since people are now able to achieve twice the dps as it was intended for these trials, groups have higher requirements, as they choose not to care about mechanics and just outdps everything.

To answer your question, it's possible with 15k, but since power creep turned people elitist, they probably won't take you. Most groups will require at least 35k on a dummy. Very dedicated groups will require 40k+. 50k is what the best DDs achieve.
    This is important, back then we had veteran levels AA was an pretty hard dps check not only Valariel but also the final boss on execute phase there using negate at correct time was important.
    An trial group will typically demand 30k or more depending on member quality. An more social guild wanting to try vet craglorn trial will have far lower demands.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done 5 or 6 trials with my guild. I am around 17k dps on a dummy. We cleared the trials on normal without too many issues
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    If it's a normal trial nobody will notice if you don't even attack, for the most part anyway.

Myself and 9 others all took this advice

Funny watching a tank and two healers contemplate why everyone else is stood doing nothing