Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning Player

gothicmoon097
gothicmoon097
Soul Shriven
Hi all.

I am returning to ESO but not sure where to really start I have all the DLC and my main is 300 and something into CP.
I have a sub and I have done some of the clockwork city quests. Before I left I really enjoyed PvP but have done a little bit of pledges.

should I level a new character or continue maxing CP on my main?
  • gothicmoon097
    gothicmoon097
    Soul Shriven
    also any other tips would be appreciated
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you enjoy. You really haven't told us anything except that you have some level of preference for PvP.

You also haven't told us what your main is specced as.

One detail: There's a patch coming soon that gives rewards for leveling up. So you might want to postpone any new characters until that happens.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you enjoy? That is what you should do.

If you enjoy questing, you have a ton of it.

As for CP, your not even close to the cap, but your over the hump as it were as far as helping your attributes. A change was made not too long ago that Attribute increases now stop around CP300. Of course you have some Champ Passives to unlock.

But, since all character once they reach L50 are ranked as your max character, you should level at least one for each class. This way no matter what ZOS does, you can load up the Class that is in favor and play on.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• gothicmoon097
    gothicmoon097
    Soul Shriven
    My main is a magicka sorc. I have played dps and heals before.

I haven't done much PvE so not sure if I enjoy it. I am in a guild that runs pledges on Friday so will try again this week.

Oh I will keep an eye out then for the patch
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to wait until the next patch before you start a new character (coming in a few weeks). They're changing things up so that we'll now get levelling rewards as we level up new characters.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:44AM