The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting bag and free ESO+

Didgerion
Didgerion
✭✭✭✭✭
So I jumped into this ESO+ free trial and all my materials are now in this crafting bag.

What happens to this bag when the ESO+ period is over?

I'm afraid of not loosing items - as I do it with emails attachments when they expire.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you will keep them, will be able to withdraw them from the crafting bag, but will not be able to put more into the crafting bag, when whe eso + event ends
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    you will keep them, will be able to withdraw them from the crafting bag, but will not be able to put more into the crafting bag, when whe eso + event ends

TY for answering this!
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

This^^

I found it quite handy, I freed up half my bank when I started the trial, no more crafting resources cluttering up the place.

If you do a lot of crafting and don't plan on maintaining ESO+ then fill your crafting bag with as much resources as you can while the event is on. Especially if your leveling the crafting lines. It's what I'm doing.
    Edited by KingofAnnwn on January 11, 2018 8:03AM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very glad this eso plus event happened. It allowed me to suck all of my crafting items into the vortex right before we'll be getting the housing storage containers. All I have to do is take a short break from eso (which will be very easy to do when Dragonball Fighterz comes out), and then when I come back I can deal with not having eso plus by getting the housing storage to put my mats in, freeing up both my own bank and my private guild bank. I'll never have to sub to eso plus again.
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very glad this eso plus event happened. It allowed me to suck all of my crafting items into the vortex right before we'll be getting the housing storage containers. All I have to do is take a short break from eso (which will be very easy to do when Dragonball Fighterz comes out), and then when I come back I can deal with not having eso plus by getting the housing storage to put my mats in, freeing up both my own bank and my private guild bank. I'll never have to sub to eso plus again.

Note that stuff in housing containers is not accessible from crafting stations. I would use housing storage only for gear, i.e. set items, and leave crafting stuff in the bank.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another benefit of ESO+ is your Bank space is doubled.

So, if you fill up that during the free ESO+ event, then you will only be able to withdraw until its back to stock levels after the event is over.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing worth mentioning...

Anything stored in your craft bag after the event ends will take priority over things in your inventory when crafting(assuming you don't enroll in ESO+).

Example: You find and store 10 kuta runes in your craft bag during the event. The event ends and you find another kuta. This most recent kuta will now be occupying a slot in your character's standard inventory bag space. When you craft a legendary glyph, the event will pull out of the craft bag supply (now you will have 9 in there) and leave the single kuta still occupying your inventory slot.

I've seen people bring this up following other ESO+ trial events or after cancelling a subscription.

Edit for grammar
    Edited by Feric51 on January 11, 2018 6:31PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You subscribe forever because the crafting bag drug is too strong.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Anything stored in your craft bag after the event ends will be take priority over things in your inventory when crafting(assuming you don't enroll in ESO+).

Example: You find and store 10 kuta runes in your craft bag during the event. The event ends and you find another kuta. This most recent kuta will now be occupying a slot in your character's standard inventory bag space. When you craft a legendary glyph, the event will pull out of the craft bag supply (now you will have 9 in there) and leave the single kuta still occupying your inventory slot.

I've seen people bring this up following other ESO+ trial events or after cancelling a subscription.

^^^^This
    I was about to draft the same thing. The free ESO+ is awesome but things will be a bit clunky post trial if you don't continue. Loading up the bag now is great just know that after the trial ends you'll have stuff everywhere and some of it will be taking up two spots with no easy way to remedy other than crafting.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭

Anything stored in your craft bag after the event ends will take priority over things in your inventory when crafting(assuming you don't enroll in ESO+).

Edit for grammar

Last time I checked the priority was: Inventory, craft bag, bank. So an item in your inventory will always be used first.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything stored in your craft bag after the event ends will be take priority over things in your inventory when crafting(assuming you don't enroll in ESO+).

^^^^This
    I was about to draft the same thing. The free ESO+ is awesome but things will be a bit clunky post trial if you don't continue. Loading up the bag now is great just know that after the trial ends you'll have stuff everywhere and some of it will be taking up two spots with no easy way to remedy other than crafting.

It is useful for storing the odd stuff that clutters up the inventory and bank space but is not needed regularly, like style materials for the various odd styles.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit for grammar

Last time I checked the priority was: Inventory, craft bag, bank. So an item in your inventory will always be used first.

Last time I tried it was the other way around: Craft Bag, then Inventory, then Bank. But that was back in August 2016 (or whenever costume dying was introduced), so maybe things have changed since then.

What I've done before is simply to be more selective about the materials I pick up after my sub ends. Any provisioning or alchemy material or basic armour/weapon material (like iron ore or oak wood) which I have more than 200 of in the craft bag I won't bother picking up, and that on it's own saves a lot of space. I used to do the same with enchanting materials, but now each runestone gives 1 of each type I just take them all so it can respawn.

Other than that it's back to my existing system - blacksmithing, tailoring and woodworking mats in the bank, everything else in my crafters inventory and special things (like Kuta) on a mule...although they will probably go into the new housing storage instead now.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit for grammar

Your priority seems to be correct when ESO+. I have had ESO+ and then let it go a few times. It does use Craft bag first when not ESO+ anymore, then inventory, then bank. But I wish it was like how you said it :) But ZoS clearly got a reason for it.

The way it is now you still get the same no-craftbag inventory nightmare if you keep picking up stuff as you had without the temporally craftbag and want to keep them too. Everything goes to your inventory and stays there, just as it would have without ever having a craftbag. It's just so that your old stacks are not in your bank/bag, but still need to be cleared out before inventory in the bank slinks, just as it otherwise would have. Enticing you to subscribe again for the craftbag. And many seem to do just for that reason.
    Edited by Orticia on January 13, 2018 6:40PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever want to fish, be sure you load up on bait. If it’s in the craft bag, you can use it. If it’s in the bank, you can’t.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    I played the first two weeks without being an eso + member, then the free trial came out and I got to try out the membership, just the craft bag alone sold me on subscribing tho it is awful pricy I feel for what it offers I know it sure has made crafting things as well as inventory management a ton easier
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested the order of priority for crafting materials yesterday - no ESO+, materials in my craft bag and my inventory, none in the bank. It was definitely pulling them from the craft bag and not my inventory because I had the same amount in the inventory before and after crafting.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"