The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Girl needs help with a build:)

sampol212
sampol212
✭✭✭
Hello,

I'm still fairly new to the game, have like 150hrs. I'm a little stuck with my build and would like to ask you for some advice how can I improve it.

Details:
Stamina High Elf Nightblade Cp280. I love playing range so I focus on Bow. I focus on PVE content.

Skill bar main is bow: 1.Venom Arrow 2. Lethal Arrow 3. Rearming Trap 4. Acid Spray 5. Camouflaged Hunter ult: Dawnbreaker

Two Handed (mostly buff bar): 1. Leeching strikes 2. Impale 3. Relenless Focus 4. Rally 5. Reaping Mark

With all buffs I get around 4k dps. Over 4k when I place light attacks with my bow as I have weapon enchant. I have 55% crit chance. Warrior Mundus.

All atribute points to stamina, I use purple drink for both Stamina+health.

Build: 5 pcs of Hundings Rage (including Bow) all divines+bow sharpened
5 pcs of Spriggan (Helm, Jack plus jewelery)+jewelery with 74 weapon dmg each, helm and jack divines.

Some of them yellow, most purple.

I'm wondering what can I do to improve my build. Maybe some other set instead of Spriggan. I was thinking about Briarheart+Hundings. Briarheart will give me more crits and weapon dmg as well but will lose penetration by dumping Spriggan. As I said I'm new to the game and I don't know all the sets so any advice given will be nice:)

I know that most people probably run with dual wield and using bow as a buff bar but I just... love playing bow. Maybe because I'm girl:) I was thinking about Maelstorm bow but I done few arena runs and got pretty much useless stuff:)

thx in advance for all the help.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very first thing i noticed .... is stamina nightblade + altmer ( high elf )
    High elves are more tuned to magicka builds since they give magicka regen, magicka and increased damage with flame, frost and shock
    typically for stamina people run either redguard/khajiit/bosmer/imperial/or orc ...
    a good place to look up racial skills is
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • sampol212
    sampol212
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Wood elf:) My mistake:)
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AH lol that makes a BIG difference lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing would be to get caltrops from PvP ... that will add a good amount of dps ... and endless hail ...
    caltrops, endless hail, rearming trap, poison injection is in most stam builds rotation for pve

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that your on a magic focused race for a Stamina build is not all that much a factor. Certainly not the reason you pull 4K DPS (your target is 15K on a calm rotation and much higher for when your getting serious). If I could achieve this on a Breton Stamblade, you can too. Bretons are also magic focused.

Back when I was running a Stamblade, I used the following on my bow bar

1. Volley
    2. Spray (the one that snares the enemies)
    3. Magnum Shot to push them back into the pain
    4. Whatever
    5. Whatever

First 3 took care of the trash and most bosses in delves. It has been so long since I did 2H that I will let someone else suggest a rotation. However I have to wonder how your actually applying your rotation, as your DPS is really low, like Tank Level low. First, are you applying skills that buff other skills first? Are you applying your Damage over Time skills after that? Then using your spam damage skills? Are you weaving in light and heavy attacks in between skills?

Do you animation cancel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0O9zjMDN4&t=6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTjhXLQXpac
    Edited by Nestor on January 29, 2018 3:45PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned about your race won’t contribute to your dps at all, it’s not a game breaker. You could respec magicka NB is you want. If you’re not worried about top tier dps and just want to run normal dungeons and overland content it’s not a big deal. Bow/bow builds aren’t great for dps, it’s hard to get good numbers from what I hear. Anyway I suggest you run two bow bars and use essence of weapon power for major brutality and extra crit. On back bow bar run endless hail, caltrops, rearming trap for sure, then you have two flex spots, mark target could work and let’s say siphoning strikes and run the ballista morph of the bow ulti. I’m a little less sure about front bar but definitely run grim focus (through which you’ll proc Assassin will) and poison injection and proably flawless dawnbreaker as your ult. Always make sure your main dots like endless hail, razer caltrops, rearming trap and poison injection are going. Drop the bow ult when you can. And then fill it in with other abilities, and always light or heavy attack weave. Snipe may have some place in there as well. If you keep your dots going and weave attacks that should raise your dps quite a bit. Also your jewelry should have at least truly superb damage glyphs which is like 157 wpn damage? If not gold at 174. Make sure you have all your passives, class/Armor/weapons and appropriate fighters guild passives and undaunted as well. I’d probably use dubious Comoran throne drink. I assume you’re wearing all medium or at least 5 and that your gear is CP160? Hope this helps.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow bar: endless hail, poison injection, rearming trap, caltrops, siphon - bow ulti
    Dw bar: blood craze, the anti aoe one, assassin bow proc, the crit one from fighters guild, killers blade - flawless dawnbreaker

Sorry cant Remember all the names.

Start with buffs. Apply dots from bow. Apply dots from dw. Rinse repeat. Light attack between everything.
    With a little practice this should be at least 20k dps.

I would maybe take off trap and put on the armor breach instead but play around with it
    Options
  • sampol212
    sampol212
    ✭✭✭
    There is mistake - Im nightblade Wood Elf - all stamina guys:)

I apply all the buff and then use my skills. Poison with arrow and interrupt, main dmg are precise strikes (around 32-35k with crits), spray on groups, rearming trap etc. I use light attack in between to proc my bow and for leeching strikes.
    Options
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    sampol212 wrote: »
    Hello,

With all buffs I get around 4k dps. Over 4k when I place light attacks with my bow as I have weapon enchant. I have 55% crit chance. Warrior Mundus.

Just to be clear: When you say 4k DPS, do you actually mean 4k weapon damage? The number that is shown on your character page? They are two different things :). Weapon damage is how hard you can hit with abilities. DPS is the amount of damage per second you do with those abilities. To know your DPS, you need to use a target skeleton and/or an addon such as combat metrics, or time yourself killing an enemy with a significant amount of health.
    Edited by StytchFingal on January 29, 2018 3:59PM
    Options
  • sampol212
    sampol212
    ✭✭✭
    Some good stuff here guys:) Thanks.

I think I will try to abandon Two Handed for dual bow bars.

Yes will all the buffs I have over 4k weapon dmg (shown on character page).

@Vapirko Yes I use that drink:) I have all CP160 items. There was mistake - I have legendary weapon glyphs on all jewelery - 174 weapon dmg.

In charakter menu I have around 3300 weapon damage.
    Options
  • sampol212
    sampol212
    ✭✭✭
    And what about sets?
    Options
  • sampol212
    sampol212
    ✭✭✭
    If I use Essence of weapon power instead of rally skill what about that dubious drink that gets me tons of health and stam? I won't be able to use it.
    Options
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just... love playing bow. Maybe because I'm girl:)

:thinking: :thinking :thinking:
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I use Essence of weapon power instead of rally skill what about that dubious drink that gets me tons of health and stam? I won't be able to use it.

Spriggans and hundings is good for gear, you can still use the drink without rally. Idk if I’m understanding that correctly. Use Velidreth’s monster set or 1 pc kraghs and piece kena or veli.

Anyway, after proper gear and cp allotment (mostly in thaumaturge, critical hits and mighty with some into penetration), good dps is all about stacking damage over time (dot) abilities, and keeping those going all the time. Secondly it’s about animation cancelling using light or heavy attacks and keeping your rotation consistent so that you’re keeping your dots going and using single target abilities on top of them.
    Good luck.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 29, 2018 4:42PM
    Options
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the bow bow warden tbread just below this thread . Lots of good info in there also.
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just... love playing bow. Maybe because I'm girl:)

:thinking: :thinking :thinking:

Yeah I think there's alot of us girls that play this game. My favourite character is also my Nightblade wood elf, but I dont like bow that much so Im cuurently going dual weild/ 2Handed. So much more satisfying to get into the enemies face and beat 'em down.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it hasnt been said, I will say it. Builds designed around bow as a main weapon have never been great in this game. You can certainly make a viable ranged bow build, but if you are set on playing range, you will almost certainly do better with magic. If you are set on making a bow build work, I would honestly run double bow. You are almost certainly going to want a VMA and Masters bow if you want to pull competitive DPS. On the other hand, Magic NBs (dual staffs) are the best ranged damage dealers in the game. You will almost certainly do better with a mageblade at range out of the gate. Just something to think about.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina high elf is literally the worst combo I can think of. Nord is better than that, even Breton
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Pve you want:

Dual wield front bar:
    1) rapid strikes
    2) whirlwind..morphed to steel tornado
    3) shrouded daggers
    4) nightblade offensive ability
    5) camo hunter for the crit
    Ultimate: dawnbreaker of smiting

Bow bar:
    1) light weight trap ( you can cast at a distance for extra crit damage...very important to boost dps)
    2) endless hail
    3) Poison injection
    4) caltrops..or flex spot
    5) vigor...or flex spot
    Ultimate: ballista..big single target damage..bosses

Rotation for trash
    La...endless hail..la...trap..la..caltrops...la...poison injection...bar swap..heavy attack...steel tornado..La..steel tornado..repeat

Boss or single target with high health:
    La..endless..la...trap..la...caltrops...la..poison injection...la...ballista...bar swap..heavy attack...rapid strikes..heavy attack shrouded dagger..heavy attack..ability..bar swap..repeat

Gear:
    Hundings is good 5 body..use it with 3pcs agility jewls (all weapon damage enchants) or spriggans 3 jewelry 2 daggers. Monster helm preferably valkyn skoria...since we use many dots and aoe abilities..especially rapid strikes which is gonna be your main spammable...its gonna proc alot. Grothdarr until you get skoria.

Cp: tharmaturge for the aoe and dots...mighty for the physical damage...precise strikes for the extra crit damage very important for burst damage. Little master at arms but not really important with your current cp.

Dubious camoran throne for the stam/stam recovery and max health

Mundus i run the shadow for the crit damage but. Lover gives penetration or warrior for the extra wepon damage ur choice.

Best of luck
    Options
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    2. Impale

Just a little advice, maybe you thought impale was good because of range, but most importantly it's a skill that scales with magicka and deal magic damage. It won't be very good on a stamina build
    Options
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pve you want:

Dual wield front bar:
    1) rapid strikes
    3) shrouded daggers

Bow bar:
    1) light weight trap ( you can cast at a distance for extra crit damage...very important to boost dps)
    2) endless hail
    3) Poison injection
    5) vigor...or flex spot

Rotation for trash
    La...endless hail..la...trap..la..caltrops...la...poison injection...bar swap..heavy attack...steel tornado..La..steel tornado..repeat

La..endless..la...trap..la...caltrops...la..poison injection...la...ballista...bar swap..heavy attack...rapid strikes..heavy attack shrouded dagger..heavy attack..ability..bar swap..repeat

Gear:
    Hundings is good 5 body..use it with 3pcs agility jewls (all weapon damage enchants) or spriggans 3 jewelry 2 daggers. Monster helm preferably valkyn skoria...since we use many dots and aoe abilities..especially rapid strikes which is gonna be your main spammable...its gonna proc alot. Grothdarr until you get skoria.

Cp: tharmaturge for the aoe and dots...mighty for the physical damage...precise strikes for the extra crit damage very important for burst damage. Little master at arms but not really important with your current cp.

Mundus i run the shadow for the crit damage but. Lover gives penetration or warrior for the extra wepon damage ur choice.

Best of luck

cant tell if troll.. or serious...

The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Stamina high elf is literally the worst combo I can think of. Nord is better than that, even Breton

she corrected it in a later comment saying she meant to say stamina wood elf

Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get veiled strike. Level it up and morph it to surprise attack. Weave heavy attack and surprise attack. BOOM! 12K DPS
    Options
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Pve you want:

Dual wield front bar:
    1) rapid strikes
    3) shrouded daggers

Bow bar:
    2) endless hail
    3) Poison injection
    5) vigor...or flex spot

Rotation for trash

Gear:

Best of luck

This is almost excatly what i run on my stam sorc. Only with crit surge and hurricane. I have done flawless vma..vdsa..and all vet dlc dungoen content..its solid
    Options
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    is it a trap
    Edited by Kozato on January 30, 2018 4:17PM
    Options
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Fine where your suggestions gents?
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pve you want:

Dual wield front bar:
    1) rapid strikes
    3) shrouded daggers

Bow bar:
    2) endless hail
    3) Poison injection
    5) vigor...or flex spot

Rotation for trash

Gear:

Best of luck

This is almost excatly what i run on my stam sorc. Only with crit surge and hurricane. I have done flawless vma..vdsa..and all vet dlc dungoen content..its solid

I've done flawless in half PvP gear, doesn't make it solid. There's absolutely no reason to run the Shadow mundus since your crits will actually hit harder with the Warrior. There's also no reason to have two spammable attacks (Rapid Strikes and Shrouded Daggers) and to suggest the two that you did for a stamblade is a little baffling to say the least.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Pve you want:

Dual wield front bar:
    1) rapid strikes
    3) shrouded daggers

Bow bar:
    2) endless hail
    3) Poison injection
    5) vigor...or flex spot

Rotation for trash

Gear:

Best of luck

I've done flawless in half PvP gear, doesn't make it solid. There's absolutely no reason to run the Shadow mundus since your crits will actually hit harder with the Warrior. There's also no reason to have two spammable attacks (Rapid Strikes and Shrouded Daggers) and to suggest the two that you did for a stamblade is a little baffling to say the least.

Never ran a nb..prolly never will..its general...shrouded daggers is aoe it hits 3 targets and gives you major berserk.. Rapid strikes is single target and the other morph heals. I have crit surge so dont need the healing one. Rending slashes is a dps loss
    Options
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    The shadow is just what i run..i said she can pick between the 3. The warrior is really good..just my preference for..reasons
    Options
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pve you want:

Dual wield front bar:
    1) rapid strikes
    3) shrouded daggers

Bow bar:
    2) endless hail
    3) Poison injection
    5) vigor...or flex spot

Rotation for trash

Gear:

Best of luck

Okay, now time to disregard 90% of the things written here. Valkyn Skoria lol.

DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
    Options