Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of Cyrodiil & suggestions.

Devilhand
Devilhand
✭✭✭
Since the lighting patch (2014) was incorporated, PvP experience is worse everyday. The past weeks or even months have been nothing but one thing... LAG. Last night alone, entire groups got disconnected while fighitng near BRK (last emperor keep), trying to do what the game objectives demand you to do, and cant because the game servers cant deal with that much information. It wouldnt matter if the player is in Australia or right next to the Server in the US, people were getting disconnected. So here, we have a couple of problems:

1) Need to improve server quality, or reduce the data packs while in cyrodiil by removing lighting effects for example...
2) Servers cant deal with massive amounts of people in the same place, and lag generated in such location its actually afecting everyone elsewere too. So again, either improve your servers. Other solution would be to make changes to Cyrodiil itself, where we can find changes to the objectives or map, and in the other side changes to skills and groups.

Changes to objectives and map:
It has been 3 years now I believe, and not even 1 change in Cyrodiil map has been done. Same old and boring map. Same old and boring objectives. Same old keep fights, with tight places and just 3 entrances to the inner keep...
Re-locate keeps around, change objectives, perhaps eliminate all this keep's and outpost's gameplay. So much you can do, and not even trying... You could easily create a demo on an alternative campaign and ask players to give feedback.
Unfortunately Battlegrounds are not enough, a 4v4v4 buggy instance not what most players looking for. Why dont make a 12 v 12 v 12 with the terrain information of some part of Cyrodiil which is HUGE and people just masses in the same places. Brindle, Drakelowe and Dragoclaw are so far away that people hate to go to them, as an example...
And i know, people will say: "but 12 v 12 v 12 will be ball group vs ball group". Well, then change objetives or gameplay rules. Dont allow groups, or allow groups of 4 people only. I dont know... Deal with it.

Changes to skills and groups:
And here is where ZOS and players focus the most. This is OP, NERF this, NERF that... AOE caps...
Well, same old same old, nothing has changed in this concept, ZOS make changes with out even testing them, breaks skills and not able to solve them like in for ever...

What changes I suggest?
- Limit healing to members of your group only.
- - Limit group size to 12 members. (By doing so people will group most likely, like they are doing now. And would limit the heal capacity and reduce ultimate bomb groups. Yes, zerg will still be around, but it will be harder to stay alive. Yes you can run 3-4 of those 12 man groups togethere in the same TS or discord or what ever, but they wont be able to see the main leader, or cross heal each other raids, meaning that with the changing removal of AOE caps ball vs ball group will be MUCH shorter).

- Unblockable skills shouldnt be able to crit. If you cant block the damage, there is no reason why it can do +50% more damage... Dumb mechanic starting with.
- Undodgeable skills, NON range casting skill should be undodgeable. It was like this since the game was released by the exception of Sorcs Curse, and it should stay that way. Sppaming Bird from 41 meters away dealing between 5 up to 10k dmg with 1 sec cooldown, instant cast?. No, just no... Have 3 people on you with those, its just stupid. Im not saying remove undodgeable, im saying remove it from NON ultimate, ranged, instant damage skills, such as cliff racer.

- Proc sets... And im not talking about Viper or red mountain which not many people use them anymore. The two new sets been incorporated are or will be much worse, seems ZOS doesnt realize this. On the other hand, forgotten proc sets that hasnt been nerfed or deal with:
- - Earthgore: Instant +30k heal that procs in a big area of effect healing EVERYONE on it, and REMOVES any ground effect. The thing is overperforming. First, it shouldnt proc instantly when a friendly target drops 50%, it should proc when YOU HEAL WITH DIRECT HEALING ABILITY a target under 50% health. Second of all, it shouldnt remove ANY ground effect, why a 2 piece set is able to remove negates? No...
- - Valkin Skoria: Its the only damage proc set overperforming. No change was made to it, while nerfing pretty much all the rest. Proc chance not related to the reality, not 8%. Its sitting around 30-40%. A cripping grasp, or templar jabs, or burning embers will most likely proc it on one of the 3 first hits of the DOT ability, and the worse part is that if for example you cloak (taking no damage from DOT's) it will be able to proc anyway pulling you out of sthealth.
-- Wizard Riposte: Overperforming. Damage shields cant be criticable hit, then why this set procs if the target wearing a damage shield?

- Absolute LACK of purge abilities. Monstrous amount of snares and CC. Just 1 class out of 5 have a relyable purge ability (Templars), Wardens purge is just 1 negative effect at a time. And worse of all, is there is only 1 skill outside class abilities that is able to purge negative skills, and is an expensive magicka skill. The game requieres more purge skills, specially with the amount of negative effects outside in cyrodiil right now... Get defiled? unless youre a templar, your pretty much screwed.

- Damage shields. A taboo that has been around since the game released. Should they be uncriticable? Does Shieldbreaker overperforming, or oblivion damage enought?. There should be a change for sure. And with the upcoming change on bone shield (undaunted skill), a change will be needed. Damage shields will have to be critable, or well, they will have to change the combat coding of the game. By that i mean, sppaming the same ability in an unterrupted sequence should increase its cost overtime, overall classes and skills, avoiding 1 skill to win sppamers or getting huge shields in this case per second. Because adding cooldown to abilities will turn the combat system into WOW or other games.

Just leaving suggestions out there. Feel free to leave your ideas around, and hopefuly we keep trolling out of this thread (unlikely). Hope ZOS take into consideration some of the ideas posted in the thread someday.

Have a nice day all!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put a lot of thought into this, but I don't know.

I mean you say "Since the lighting patch (2014) was incorporated, PvP experience is worse everyday," but that's just not true. By saying that it tells me you either weren't here of just ignoring the whole 10 minutes spamming impulse on the flags with no damage going through wonders or the 36 DK standards that I could drop when the server processed nothing. It maybe baby steps and server performance still needs to be way better for ZoS to live up what it promised, but there have been improvements. How would you like it if your boss or your client not just dismissed your work, but dubbed as detrimental? I'm guessing you wouldn't be so keen to take seriously their suggestions that come after.

And most of these suggestions are just a repetition of nerfs the PvP community keeps asking for, yet goes ballistic when those nerfs hit their class (see DK this PTS, sorcs when crystal frags and shields nerfed, etc.) Like that's just what this game needs, more nerfs to cater to people who complain that their opponents aren't playing a build they deem as "skillful."

Why can't I as a healer, heal people outside my group? What could possibly be the logic behind that sort of rule in an Alliance Vs Alliance format? Why do I have to be restricted in a group to play my class/role? What if I want to heal the people on siege and contribute? I cant. Why? Because I have to listen to people like Fengrush rant on his streams when he has trouble killing some players even though his kill to death ratio is like 50:1?

And judging by your nerf list, it's kind of clear that only a specific archetype of players are too be nerfed: magicka damage dealer and healers: Valkyn, wizard's Riposte, healing, damage shields, their undodgeable skills
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 27, 2018 6:04PM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your suggested nerfs are to magicka builds when stamina is what's over performing...
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Your suggested nerfs are to magicka builds when stamina is what's over performing...

No?

Because i mentioned wizard riposte and skoria? Both are not working as intended.

Damage shields cant get crit, yet wizard riposte procs anyway. Work as intended?

Skoria tooltip proc chance 8%, yet it really is 30-40% and it proc even if you take no damage by dots (cloak as an example). Work as intended?

What other nerf I suggested affects magicka players? Limit heals to group members?
    My friends, thats an idea and I wish ZOS make a campaign with those restrictions, so pugs cant run around stealing heals (how many times have you used healing ward or honour the death and goes to someone else besides you, and you die cuz of it?), or even worse, mass healing ball groups which by all means are the ones generating the lag with ultimate bombs of massive lighting effects and AOE radious. If you want to stay in a campaign zerg surfing and sppaming 1 skill, your call. But i wish to actually be able to PvP, and dont disconnect by trying to get near a keep were all the action is because of massive zergs dont die.

Pissed because of earthgore suggestion/nerf? Well, any pvper will say is BS, just absurd. Overperforming 1000%.

Undodgeable suggestions? Applies to both stam and magicka. Because spamming +7k birds from 41 meters takes much skill, either cut LOS or have a 1h/s and block while their buddies kill you or bettles crit even if your blocking... I said, ranged instant cast abilities. Didnt say nerf all undodgeable. I dont care ultimates been undodgeable, or aoe's or melee magicka skills, or chaneled attacks. Just the instant cast direct damage range skills, or push to win.

Unblockable changes? If you cant block it, it shouldnt crit. Absurd. Nothing you can do to mitigate the damage, but heal your self.

So, i dont see why you guys saying it applies to magicka users, because it doesnt only apply to them. Those 3 sets mentiones are an example and are overperforming.

• a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Un-nerf everything

Game is booooooring now

Don't even know why I'm here tbh. Stoned I guess :lol:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its kind of hard to tell what actually needs to be brought into balance when everything is lagging.

Fix the lag, and I imagine a number of problem-causing-skills won't be quite as problematic anymore.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they just fixed the server I’d be happy.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!