The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mail

sharkium
sharkium
✭✭
Hei all.

Where do mails go which are sent say to Player, not @Player? Cause yesterday i sent some items without @ infront of the name and items just disappeared, player didnt get them, mail didnt come back.

Thanks!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:14AM
  • sharkium
    sharkium
    ✭✭
    Now thats interesting, on one end you have an account with @Player and forget @ you send to totally different player. Shouldnt be like that.

The mail system should not allow to send items without @ infront of them then, it should say like pretty much every other mmo says "player doesnt exist" or something along the lines.

Thats my two cents anyway.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    @ represents an userID if you don't use the @ it will be representing a character name. The mail was sent to whoever has a character with the same name as the person who sent the mail to.

As for making @ mandatory I don't agree, sending mails using character names is very useful.
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I usually try to "verify" that I got the correct recipient name by using the "auto-complete" feature. I start typing the name, and wait for the popup window to appear and offer me choices of matching names. That way you'll usually also catch ambiguity if there is any.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best you can do is send a note to Player and ask for your stuff back. If it is an inactive account, you should get it back in a few days. If not, you can just hope they return it to you.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:30AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    But even if you don't get the stuff back, on the bright side, you probably made the recipient happy, who now thinks the player community is great. Karma comes around and goes around, and it'll come back to you in short time :)

Ahhh. Karma. You come and go, you come and go.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus